GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Idle acting weird?

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/05, 10:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was coming back from running my car at the track tonight when it started to act a little weird on the highway, if I let off the gas it would stutter briefly. I got to a stoplight and the idle was going all over the place, from 500 rpm to 1300 rpm, fluctuating rapidly in between those. The car also stuttered badly upon leaving the light. I took it back into my parking garage and let it idle for a little while and the problem seemed to go away. I left it off for about half an hour, went back down and drove it again and there were no problems this time. Anyone else experience this?
Old 9/2/05, 10:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your computer might have been adjusting your idle trim (like when the battery is disconnected)... I've had mine do the same after driving it hard. Just play with her a little and she'll figure out what's going on.

...I think.
Old 9/6/05, 07:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update...I found that my K&N filter was barely on after checking everything. That seemed to be the problem as I've had no irregular behavior after tightening it. You guys don't think I damaged the engine at all? It seems to be running fine.