GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Hurst Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/05, 06:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Was browsing on the web on RPM Outlet, HURST has their shorft shift kit on sale. on the RPM Outlet. Comes in two finishes

Black Powdercoat

Chrome

Here is what RPM has to say:

RPM Outlet is proud to announce the newest product to our ever-growing Product offerings. The Hurst Billet/Plus Short Throw Shifter We looked at Steeda’s, 5.0 shifters shifter, and a couple of others and found them all to be adequate … but we wanted more than adequate. We wanted the best! In keeping with our goal of providing our customers with the best possible value, we chose the Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter. Designed for a shorter and quicker shift, Hurst Billet/Plus shifters incorporate a high ratio pivot mechanism to reduce the throw by approximately 30% and provide a positive and secure feel when shifting. Dedicated applications ensure a custom fit, eliminating any vehicle modifications for ease of installation.

The Billet/Plus features a CNC-machined 6061 T-6 BILLET ALUMINUM mounting base and collar, a heat-treated BILLET STEEL gear selector for ultimate strength, and adjustable positive gear stops (most models) to help prevent internal transmission damage. This shifter also features self-centering alignment for improved 2nd to 3rd up-shift gear changes and an exclusive oil control seal which eliminates transmission fluid loss and leakage.

This shifter comes with detailed “easy to read” instructions. Installation time is less than 30 minuets with very basic hand tools.

Black Powder Coat: $190
Chrome Coat: $220

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gthur.htm
Old 5/16/05, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Hopefully it's better than the ones they made for the previous transmissions... Of course it is better than stock but compared to the tri-ax, pro 5.0, mgw it doesn't even come close.
Old 5/16/05, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dfhurleydude182@May 16, 2005, 8:52 AM
Hopefully it's better than the ones they made for the previous transmissions... Of course it is better than stock but compared to the tri-ax, pro 5.0, mgw it doesn't even come close.

Holy crap, Hurst said July! It's not on Hurst's web site yet. I wonder what the solution is for the shift boot?
Old 5/16/05, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@May 16, 2005, 6:27 AM
Was browsing on the web on RPM Outlet, HURST has their shorft shift kit on sale. on the RPM Outlet. Comes in two finishes

Black Powdercoat

Chrome

Here is what RPM has to say:

RPM Outlet is proud to announce the newest product to our ever-growing Product offerings. The Hurst Billet/Plus Short Throw Shifter We looked at Steeda’s, 5.0 shifters shifter, and a couple of others and found them all to be adequate … but we wanted more than adequate. We wanted the best! In keeping with our goal of providing our customers with the best possible value, we chose the Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter. Designed for a shorter and quicker shift, Hurst Billet/Plus shifters incorporate a high ratio pivot mechanism to reduce the throw by approximately 30% and provide a positive and secure feel when shifting. Dedicated applications ensure a custom fit, eliminating any vehicle modifications for ease of installation.

The Billet/Plus features a CNC-machined 6061 T-6 BILLET ALUMINUM mounting base and collar, a heat-treated BILLET STEEL gear selector for ultimate strength, and adjustable positive gear stops (most models) to help prevent internal transmission damage. This shifter also features self-centering alignment for improved 2nd to 3rd up-shift gear changes and an exclusive oil control seal which eliminates transmission fluid loss and leakage.

This shifter comes with detailed “easy to read” instructions. Installation time is less than 30 minuets with very basic hand tools.

Black Powder Coat: $190
Chrome Coat: $220

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gthur.htm
I had a few questions so I wrote them:

"For the model with chrome shifter arm, is this the embossed chrome arm or is it as it appears in the attached picture just chrome?

Also, I am wondering what color the included shift ball is?"

They wrote back:

"We are waiting for our initial stocking inventory ,,, should be June 6th."

Don't you love it when shops tell you they have something a month before they have it. Everyone better keep their shirts on for this one.
Old 5/16/05, 02:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

How does this compare to the TriAx?
Old 6/21/05, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks like the Mr.Gasket site is warming up for '05 Hurst shifter sales:

http://go.mrgasket.com/ProductDetails.aspx...tSearch=3910201

I want one dammit....
Old 6/23/05, 03:26 PM

Well, Ide like to see the guy that can put a shifter in an '05 in 30 minutes or less! And how DO they handle the boot? I have a Tri Ax with a Hurst T handle, and Im gonna get an old Hurst shift handle and modify it so that about 2 inches of chrome handle is sticking out of the boot. I just got a polished T handle off EBay today, and when I get it all done, it will be sweet!
Old 6/24/05, 08:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Redfire1@June 23, 2005, 3:29 PM
Well, Ide like to see the guy that can put a shifter in an '05 in 30 minutes or less! And how DO they handle the boot? I have a Tri Ax with a Hurst T handle, and Im gonna get an old Hurst shift handle and modify it so that about 2 inches of chrome handle is sticking out of the boot. I just got a polished T handle off EBay today, and when I get it all done, it will be sweet!
When using the Hurst chrome handle and Hurst shift ball, I think they are going to handle the boot with a spacer that looks something like the atached picture. Obvoiusly you wouldnt need the spacer when using the stock ****
Old 6/24/05, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by s197pilot@June 24, 2005, 8:35 AM
When using the Hurst chrome handle and Hurst shift ball, I think they are going to handle the boot with a spacer that looks something like the atached picture. Obvoiusly you wouldnt need the spacer when using the stock ****
Can't see pic. Please repost.
Old 6/28/05, 09:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Was going with the Hurst but this was a few months ago and at that time it looked like it was going to be awhile until it came out. Went with the Tri-Ax which I am very pleased with. Put a Flameball on it to satisfy my "good ole days" fix.
Old 6/28/05, 09:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger@June 28, 2005, 9:35 AM
Was going with the Hurst but this was a few months ago and at that time it looked like it was going to be awhile until it came out. Went with the Tri-Ax which I am very pleased with. Put a Flameball on it to satisfy my "good ole days" fix.
Does the Steeda make as much of a racket as I have heard? How is the shifting compared to stock, m,y stock shifter hangs up to much for me...not smooth like I like!