GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Horsepower... Feed My Fire.

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/05, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I'm completely green in terms of car mods, so I'm going to have to rely on the expertise of the members here, I think.

What can I get for my Stang, that will increase horsepower but NOT reduce the lifespan of the engine (well... excessively). Throw up any options.

Appreciated.
Old 2/19/05, 02:18 PM
Cam Tease

Cheap stuff: CAI, tune, underdrive pulleys, dump the HC trap

Less cheap: headerback exhuast system

total that should give you about 50-60 hp

Throw some 4.10 gears into the mix and your looking at some serious acceleration for less than $1500 if you can get a good deal on the gear install.
Old 2/19/05, 06:05 PM
Banned

there aren't a whole lot of mods out there that will cause damage to the motor that i know of.
-superchargers are known for blowing head gaskets but besides that, I couldn't tell you anything else that really causes damage if you use it correctly
-I have a 92 GT that has over 140,000 miles on it and has had over 50 bottles of nitrous sprayed through it and it still gets me where I need to go....mostly to and from the drag strip.
-Don't worry, after all we are talking about MUSTANGS....you can't hurt them.
Old 2/19/05, 08:31 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally posted by DarkRed@February 19, 2005, 12:49 PM
Hi, I'm completely green in terms of car mods, so I'm going to have to rely on the expertise of the members here, I think.

What can I get for my Stang, that will increase horsepower but NOT reduce the lifespan of the engine (well... excessively). Throw up any options.

Appreciated.
I'm with you on this one James. I wan't to upgrade the Stang, but I'm not trying to break the wallet or the motor. I'm concerned about voiding my warranty.
Old 2/20/05, 06:43 AM

I have a 92 GT that has over 140,000 miles on it and has had over 50 bottles of nitrous sprayed through it and it still gets me where I need to go....mostly to and from the drag strip.
140 K!? That's quite an accolade. But still, this is the first car I've ever owned from new, and I want to take care of my pony.

Throw some 4.10 gears into the mix and your looking at some serious acceleration.
I don't suppose those are available for an automatic? *Crosses fingers*.

i'm with you on this one James. I wan't to upgrade the Stang, but I'm not trying to break the wallet or the motor. I'm concerned about voiding my warranty.
Exactamundo. I've also added a few exterior mods, and I want what I have under the hood to justify the enhanced 'aggresive' look of the car.
Old 2/20/05, 06:59 AM
vld
GT Member

Originally posted by DarkRed@February 19, 2005, 1:49 PM

Appreciated.
mods, properly done, dont blow motors. abuse does.
Old 2/20/05, 07:03 AM

But the best ones do tend to void the warranty...
Old 2/20/05, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With an automatic, you problably dont need 4.10 gears. With the auto, the gear ratio from the factory is less than with the manuals, this is because the trannys are geared differently. You could problably go with a 3.70 or something like that.
Old 2/20/05, 11:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@February 19, 2005, 3:21 PM
Cheap stuff: CAI, tune, underdrive pulleys, dump the HC trap

Less cheap: headerback exhuast system

total that should give you about 50-60 hp

Throw some 4.10 gears into the mix and your looking at some serious acceleration for less than $1500 if you can get a good deal on the gear install.
Good list above and I would add the Magnaflow (or other brand) "X" pipe with high flow cats and and axle back exhaust system for a bit of sound and for higher flow with the x-pipe and higher flowing intake mods. Both are bolt on's and would be easily changed out with the stock stuff if the need ever arose.

I'm still waiting for someone to verify (via dyno w/ everything else stock) the rwhp increase with the UD pullies - I have heard both sides - good for 10rwhp and that they don't add much hp at all and are not worth the trouble.......