GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Hooker Long Tubes + Pypes O/R X??

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/06, 12:11 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooker Long Tubes + Pypes O/R X??

i just won a set of brand new hooker long tubes on ebay for really cheap =)

i already have the Pypes off road x pipe from brenspeed and am think i will need to cut it and make it fit..

has anyone done this before or run this setup? i have a couple good friends who will be helping me, who can cut the pipe and change it to make it fit but would like to see if anyone has any info before i start.

thanks alot
-mike
Old 5/20/06, 02:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

im interested to know this as well as i want the hooker longtubes as well but already have an off road h from pypes.
Old 5/20/06, 04:28 PM

it can be done will take some time to do it right and save yourself about $200.00,no need to pay $350 i think it was for a direct bolt on.
Old 5/20/06, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Wanna sell the Hookers?
Old 5/20/06, 08:04 PM
gpp
GT Member

did you get them from fastgasracer?i was looking at them at 350$ but missed them because of bike week.i see he has another set so thought i would try again.
Old 5/20/06, 10:53 PM

I am taking off my Direct fit X-pipe off of my Hooker Supercomps.It is the match for the supercomps.I am having a custom H-pipe made and dont need it.I also have a Mak offroad X-pipe that is factory replacement with the stock Manifolds.
Old 5/21/06, 12:00 AM
V6 Member

yes i got them from fastgasracer... got them for 415 shipped, so i was really happy about that... you might as well man, they are so cheap. the application part(listed below) it came up to be rpm outlet and the paypal account was from someone in rpm outlet so im guessing its safe and for real, was suprised to get them so cheap.

mikem does that direct x pipe for the supercomps match these?
Application: part# HOO-6233-1HKR

those are the ones i will be getting, if i have problems with the cutting and matching and they fit my headers, i might be interested in taking them off your hands.

how does it sound, hows the perfromance increase with the hookers and how is the quality?
-mike
Old 5/21/06, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mike06_10pm
yes i got them from fastgasracer... got them for 415 shipped, so i was really happy about that... you might as well man, they are so cheap. the application part(listed below) it came up to be rpm outlet and the paypal account was from someone in rpm outlet so im guessing its safe and for real, was suprised to get them so cheap.

mikem does that direct x pipe for the supercomps match these?
Application: part# HOO-6233-1HKR

those are the ones i will be getting, if i have problems with the cutting and matching and they fit my headers, i might be interested in taking them off your hands.

how does it sound, hows the perfromance increase with the hookers and how is the quality?
-mike
Yes it fits that one.
Drivers side header has been a pain.It is to close to the floor and I am constantly trying to adjust it.Also get the better Motor mounts while you are doing the job.You will have to remove the Mounts one at a time to do the install.It is very easy thou so dont worry.Remember to remove oil dipstick.They dont mention that in the directions.
Place a jack under the oilpan with like wood or something soft.And jack the engine with one mount out and the engine wil pivot on the other one while you install on the jacked side.You have to undo the steering shaft but that is easy also.Start all Bolts buy hand in the head before using a tool so you dont strip them.
My car actually got quieter with them.Dont know how but it did.Power is way up but i also did many other mods at same time.So I dont have a direct responce to them.
Old 5/21/06, 12:01 PM
V6 Member

i got my Hookers from the same person a week ago! (for $295 shipped) Couldn't be happier!

Also, mikem: Why are you ditching the Hooker X- pipe? Would an H pipe sound better? I'm thinking about just buying a Pypes off road H pipe and hacking it up to fit. Or maybe do what Dan (Cleveland) did, and just cut the stock H pipe and use that instead.