GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Hooker H-pipe,Home made.

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/06, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooker H-pipe,Home made.

Guys I just saw the light, and I am going to try this.I realy dont like the Hooker X-pipe that came with my Hooker Supercomps.
I was looking at my factory Catted H-pipe and noticed if i cut the cats off and just bring the pipe down to my buds exhaust shop,He could just expand the forward pipes of the H-pipe to slip over the Headers and Bam.A matching H-pipe for them that you just need to cut and expand the ends.I will try this and tell you guys where to cut and to what size to expand.
Old 5/21/06, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikem
Guys I just saw the light, and I am going to try this.I realy dont like the Hooker X-pipe that came with my Hooker Supercomps.
I was looking at my factory Catted H-pipe and noticed if i cut the cats off and just bring the pipe down to my buds exhaust shop,He could just expand the forward pipes of the H-pipe to slip over the Headers and Bam.A matching H-pipe for them that you just need to cut and expand the ends.I will try this and tell you guys where to cut and to what size to expand.
Been there, done that... that's what I did a few months ago after I installed the long tubes (except I didn't need to expand the ends... they just slipped into my hi-flow cats).
Attached Thumbnails Hooker H-pipe,Home made.-dsc06371.jpg  
Old 5/21/06, 05:45 PM

Nice Don,The hookers are a little diferant.They are a slip fit colector.
Attached Images  
Old 5/21/06, 05:48 PM

Nice Don,The hookers are a little diferant.They are a slip fit colector.
So is the cat on mine. It's expanded, so the stock pipe slipped right in there (after I used a large pipe clamp spreader to widen the distance between the pipes a little bit).
Old 5/21/06, 06:05 PM

After the cats took a crap, Dynatech sent me two new cats and two straight pipes. Guess which one is going back on my car?

p.s. You can see the expanded ends on both of these where the 2.5" exhaust pipe just slips in.

Old 5/21/06, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

i did the same except i bought 2 more factory stainless clamps and that way i didn't have to expand the pipe. it just hooks up like the h-pipe to axle pipe connection.
Attached Thumbnails Hooker H-pipe,Home made.-stang-stuff-exhaust-002.jpg  
Old 5/21/06, 10:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by spyder7724
i did the same except i bought 2 more factory stainless clamps and that way i didn't have to expand the pipe. it just hooks up like the h-pipe to axle pipe connection.
Where did you get the clamps and what did you use to cut the pipe? A sawzall???
Old 5/21/06, 10:27 PM

I just used a handheld 4" grinder with a cutting wheel on it.
Old 5/22/06, 11:04 AM
V6 Member

mike please let me know! i was thinking about doing the same thing instead of cutting my off road x pipe.

if u do it can u let me know the measurements please? thanks alot!
-mike
Old 5/22/06, 12:13 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Don just keep the cats for when you need to get inspected. Would be cool to set it up so it fit in the same spot as the dumps so you could just swap the dumps and cats back and forth when you need to
Old 5/22/06, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by dustindu4
Don just keep the cats for when you need to get inspected. Would be cool to set it up so it fit in the same spot as the dumps so you could just swap the dumps and cats back and forth when you need to
I don't have to get inspected until 2011, so that's not an issue really.
Old 5/23/06, 11:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

do you guys think I could pull it off with a sawzall? or do I need to find a grinder with a cutoff wheel? I have cut off old truck mufflers with the sawzall, but my Pypes H pipe seems much stronger.