GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Help w/ X-Pipe, Please.

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/06, 05:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've installed a off road x-pipe on my GT. It's running to the stock muffs which I haven't replaced yet. The problem I'm having is some interior resonance when at idle, and a whisp sound once and a while under accelleration. Neither is real bad, but enough to drive me nuts and consider putting my stock H-pipe back on. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

So can anyone tell me if this is normal? If not, suggestions for a quick fix? Anyone think that maybe something's not tight? The pipe I got did not come w/ any gaskets, which didn't alarm me since there were none on the stock pipe. I don't know what brand it is, but it was a two piece pipe. The right side contains the cross pipe and then both rear exits, and the second piece is a small piece that bolts from the left stock manifold and runs a couple feet back and attaches before the X. Can anyone I.D. the brand? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Well, thanks in advance for any help guys. Your suggestions will probably save me some frustration. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ March 10, 2006, 4:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know what brand it is, but it was a two piece pipe. The right side contains the cross pipe and then both rear exits, and the second piece is a small piece that bolts from the left stock manifold and runs a couple feet back and attaches before the X. Can anyone I.D. the brand? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

My Dynatech X is made the same way.
Old 3/10/06, 06:28 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I did some looking on ebay. I think mine's UPR. No Cats.
Old 3/10/06, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound like you have the MAK pipe.Wich I have also.It does not fit exactly well.You have to bend the hangers to get it away from the floor.Bean there done this twice to get it right.
Old 3/11/06, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine from Mak went right in. It was a bit difficult to get the small pipe to line up but once I did everything was a snap.

I bought it from MAK, but in the box were Magnaflow stickers and paperwork.
Old 3/13/06, 10:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a bassani X-pipe without cats and still using stock mufflers. I have never had a problem at idle nor a whisp sound. Not sure. But I did not have any gaskets and would not expect any either.