GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

help with suspension

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/11, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with suspension

I have a 2007 GT (DAILY DRIVER) that I want to do a few suspension up grades to. My thought was to put better springs, but I don't want to lower the car more than 1" Ford racing "P" springs will do that. I want to up grade the shocks & struts, I'm not sure which ones to use. Also rear lower control arms, as you all know the car doesn't launch very well at all. So again not sure which ones I should use, as well as the sway bar up grades. I hope you guys can help. Also I am having a hard time finding a good shop in north west florida to help with the work so any help would he huge. Again, thanks.
Old 6/19/11, 11:10 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the price, Tokico D-Specs are great. I run them and LOVE them. Koni yellows are awesome, but good luck getting your hands on a set right now and they are quite a bit more.

You may want to look into camber plates as well. I didn't get them and now i've got the notorious "pop" that sometimes happens. This one is really up to you, though.

My rule of thumb is adjustable suspension. Then again, i'm all about the functionality.

Check out Real Street Performance. They're not in your neck of the woods(Orlando, actually) but they do some AWESOME work with Mustangs and a bunch of other stuff.
Old 6/25/11, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

... looks at first reply...

Originally Posted by brian-nall
I hope you guys and gals can help. Again, thanks.
Fixed!
Old 6/26/11, 03:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
I'm with Antigini on the adjustable suspension, but I'd get fixed length lower control arms and get an adjustable upper control arm. That way you won't have to worry about the LCA's being the same length after you've adjusted them, and you'll still be able to control your pinion angle after you've lowered the car. But pinion angle is really only something you would worry about if you were running a one piece driveshaft. If you're still running the stock 2 piece driveshaft, then there's really no need to worry about it. And if your drop in the rear stays pretty modest like the 1" you're talking about, you'll be fine.

Steeda and BMR are pretty solid pieces, I have both on my car (BMR LCAs and Steeda UCA), plus all Steeda swaybars and panhard rod/PHB support. For everything in the rear, you can do all of the upgrades yourself pretty easily. The front isn't even that hard to do except ball joints (they're doable, but are pressed in), but you would need a shop to do the alignment.
Old 6/27/11, 05:28 PM
GT Member

I have an 07 GT with the following suspension mods and love the ride and handling. Ford Racing 1" lowering springs, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, Ford Racing 22.5mm Rear Sway Bar & Saleen 35mm Front Sway Bar.
Old 7/2/11, 11:46 AM
GT Member

I went eibach pro plus(springs, swaybars,struts) with bmr panhard and love it. whole kit was 850.00
Old 7/2/11, 03:08 PM

I have Steeda Ultra-Lite Springs and love them. Kept the stock shocks and stock suspension arms. I've taken the car to the track twice now and they are great for daily driving as well as the occasional track day. Drops the car by about an inch, but more importantly gets rid of that 4x4 look. These combined with some BFGoodrich G-Force Sports are a great combo for daily driving performance.
Old 7/13/11, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the help.
Old 7/14/11, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I have Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts with roush springs front and rear. I like the way it rides and handles. Lowers the car less than an inch about 3/4"
Old 7/15/11, 07:26 AM

I also have the Steeda Ultra-Lite Springs and they are great! It gives my 08 Mustang a better looking/aggressive stance. The ride quality has also greatly improved.
Here is the part number in case you are interested:Ultralite Springs - Part Number: 555-8206

The reason that I bought these besides the price is the fact they are made in conjunction with Ford Engineers. I would rather have Ford engineers work hand in hand on stuff I buy, then by it from another manufacturer who may just slap it together.

That is MPO. RC what part of Michigan are you from?