GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Help!!! Someone help!! Corsa.

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/06, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!! Someone help!! Corsa.

Corsa axle back...
I cannot get this frickin' passenger side aligned correctly! I have read all the tips for the installation, including the returned posts of a search on the forum, and cannot get it right. The driver's side went in flawlessly. The passenger side...well this sucks. I spent all day yesterday and up till now today.
I loosened the clamp near the H-pipe and all of that stuff. I can get the thing centered left/right, but then it is too low. Rotating the pipes, I am able to get the thing to be centered, but then the pipe between the corsa unit and the h-pipe (i guess the cat-back) is pretty low. I measured this pipe on the driver's side and it is 6+in. The passenger side is a good bit lower then this to get the unit centered as desired. I feel this is way to low, especially when I going to install the Eibach pro lowering springs.
For those of you who have got yours looking good, how in the hell did you do it? Did you sacrifice the height of the pipe between the corsa and the h-pipe or...????? Did you cut the hanger? Please help! I'm dying here.

Thanks.
Old 9/10/06, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
You didn't get the factory rubber hangers turned around did you?

I just had my Corsa system off last weekend, when I was playing with my H pipe. Through the H back on, checked the positioning of the Corsa's one time, and tightened everything down. I don't know why you would be having such a problem with alignment.
Old 9/10/06, 04:02 PM

Would it be possible for you to post pics of your underside? I would like to see how low your mid pipes are hangin. and if possible the rubber hangers?
Old 9/10/06, 04:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

I had the same problem with mine. I ended up modifying the rear most bracket and used a longer bolt and small bushing for a spacer. I could never get the height and the centering right without some cutting.
Good Luck!
Old 9/10/06, 04:35 PM

How high are your mid pipes from the ground? I'm not sure what I should consider to be to low. I wish I would've measured the stock height before screwing around.This is sadly a frustrating process. I mean, if they fit like the drivers side, you're talking 30 min install. But, with the length of time I have spent well, I wish I wouldn't have bothered. And to have to modify an $800 axle back system is absolutely insane.
Old 9/10/06, 04:46 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shoud have gotten stingers! J/K Good Luck
Old 9/11/06, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

What you need to do is pull the Corsa overaxle pipe out about 1/4" from where it joins the factory pipe. Then you can **** it up slightly. In other words, instead of cramming it in as far as it will go, pull it out so it is slightly loose and there is a slight angle at the joint. Even though the two pipes are then not perfectly mated, there is enough tubing material to clamp around to seal everything with no leaks.
Old 9/12/06, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the advice. I ended up sacrificing an inch in the height of the mid-pipe from the ground. Hopefully, when I lower it, it won't cause problems. If so, I will attempt to pull the midpipe out from the h-pipe every so slightly. Love the system once the install is complete. Just what I was looking for. I'll post pics after I get my shaker hood system installed. Hope that install goes better, for I only get one shot at it!
Old 9/13/06, 01:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hightime2211
Thanks for the advice. I ended up sacrificing an inch in the height of the mid-pipe from the ground. Hopefully, when I lower it, it won't cause problems. If so, I will attempt to pull the midpipe out from the h-pipe every so slightly. Love the system once the install is complete. Just what I was looking for. I'll post pics after I get my shaker hood system installed. Hope that install goes better, for I only get one shot at it!
Actually what I attempted to convey above is that you slightly separate the Corsa inlet pipe from the stock Ford pipe just in front of the axle. At that point the junction between the two will be slightly loose, allowing you to tilt the muffler upward which will bring it closer to the bumper. This is according to the Corsa instructions. Since you already have it basically installed I'll bet a muffler shop could readjust things for you in 5-10 minutes and probably not charge more than 10-15 bucks. Mine was buzzing at 1500 rpm. I took it in and the guy found a loose hanger bolt. Tightened it up for free and I was gone.
Old 9/13/06, 09:10 PM

Thanks 65sohc. I will see how I feel after putting in the Eibach Pro kit. Tomorrow, though, its time to do some shakin' (I know the shaker has minimal movement, but at least it is functional)!
Old 9/16/06, 01:44 PM

Yeah i messed with mine for over an hour, the best i could do was to lower the drivers side alittle bit and just try and pull the inlet pipe over away from the over the axle pipe as 65sohc was explaining. i found that really difficult to align and it is still not even aligned but not enough for anyone to really notice unless you stare at it.
Old 9/18/06, 10:29 AM

I went back and returned my passenger side over axle pipe to match the height of the driver's side since I will probably get the lowering springs put in Friday. The Corsa instructions (if I remember correctly) said to pull the inlet pipe away from over axle pipe 1/16". I pulled it out to 1/4" as 65sohc suggesteed. That was satisfactory enough. Still a tad lower then the driver's side, but besides myself, who is going to stare and analyze it? Thanks for the responses.
Old 9/24/06, 06:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

I had the same problem. Below is a link to the solution I went with. Just keep at it, it will all work out.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...68&postcount=6
Old 9/24/06, 07:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fyi ..........