GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Headers for Bassani X-Pipe / SLP combo?

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/07, 08:47 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headers for Bassani X-Pipe / SLP combo?

Hi there,

I've ordered a Bassani SS X-pipe with cats and offroad legs (part no. 46053) and a pair of SLP loudmouths to replace my stock system.

Thing is, is there anything to be gained by replacing the headers too (hell - I've spent this much so why not go the whole 9 yards )

What would you guys recommend or is there not a lot to gain to replacing the stock shortys?

Excuse the n00b question, but I'm assuming that I can only use shorty headers with this setup (as the X-pipe has hi-flow cats which I want to leave in place)?

Thanks guys
Old 1/12/07, 09:45 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Stig
Hi there,

I've ordered a Bassani SS X-pipe with cats and offroad legs (part no. 46053) and a pair of SLP loudmouths to replace my stock system.

Thing is, is there anything to be gained by replacing the headers too (hell - I've spent this much so why not go the whole 9 yards )

What would you guys recommend or is there not a lot to gain to replacing the stock shortys?

Excuse the n00b question, but I'm assuming that I can only use shorty headers with this setup (as the X-pipe has hi-flow cats which I want to leave in place)?

Thanks guys
If you got the x pipe that goes to the stock cat's then you can only get a set of shorties. You can gain more hp from shorties but not much, maybe 10-15 hp depending on your setup. I think jba shorty headers are the best shorties out there
Old 1/12/07, 11:31 AM
V6 Member

Hi sonic,

These are the Bassani's I've got coming:

http://www.ninosport.com/Bassani-SS-...2&category=797

They include hi-flow cats which are replaceable with off-road legs (also included).

Being modular, do I take it that:

Long headers would effectively delete the cats and connect direct to the X-pipe section (ie the hi-flow cats and offroad legs become redundant - in which case I might as well have just bought a simple x-pipe)

Shortys would connect to either the hi-flow cats, or the offroad legs (depending on which I choose) then to X-pipe?
Old 1/12/07, 11:44 AM
Cobra Member

These are the Bassani's I've got coming:

http://www.ninosport.com/Bassani-SS-...2&category=797

They include hi-flow cats which are replaceable with off-road legs (also included).
I have the same ones.

Being modular, do I take it that:

Long headers would effectively delete the cats and connect direct to the X-pipe section (ie the hi-flow cats and offroad legs become redundant - in which case I might as well have just bought a simple x-pipe)
That is correct.

Shortys would connect to either the hi-flow cats, or the offroad legs (depending on which I choose) then to X-pipe?
Correct again.

From what I have been told The only real gains will come from long tubes. People have said that the stock headers have more than ample flow, for shorties. So, If you are going to invest in headers, go long tube. Or don't waste your money.
Old 1/12/07, 12:06 PM
V6 Member

Cool - thanks freebass - looks like I can save a few bucks then as I definitely want to keep the cats (though using hi-flow ones).

Long headers straight into the x-pipe and then into SLP loudmouths would be a bit too antisocial for me!!!!
Old 1/12/07, 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

I just ordered my high flow cats for my bassani x-pipe. Im pairing them with stingers, and maybe some shorty headers. If you look at nino sport under the cat converters section, you will now see a bassani high flow cat sold separatly. Ive been going back and forth with them now, and they acually made a whole new link for bassanis cats for me.