GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

GT is acting up. Aftermarket tune gone bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/08, 04:28 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is not the tune. Whoever started this myth that tunes mystically "go bad" should be drug into a field, flogged and left in a shallow grave for the immense dis-service he has done the car community.

Without a full list of your mods, it's hard to say, but my instincts are on your KB BAP having an issue, or your getting some unmetered air into the intake somehow... either thru a bad coupler or possibly even a cracked intake or bad gasket.
Old 10/21/08, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GT Bob
The problem is not the tune. Whoever started this myth that tunes mystically "go bad" should be drug into a field, flogged and left in a shallow grave for the immense dis-service he has done the car community.

Without a full list of your mods, it's hard to say, but my instincts are on your KB BAP having an issue, or your getting some unmetered air into the intake somehow... either thru a bad coupler or possibly even a cracked intake or bad gasket.
Should I disconnect the KB?
Old 10/24/08, 07:29 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,780 Posts
Agreed, files do NOT mystically corrupt just by themselves. Either the file is corrupt from the get go, or not at all.

In the meantime, I'd definitely check your 02 sensors and make certain they're installed properly.