GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Turbo Install II

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/08, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
Actually what it added was nothing more than an advertisment coming from you via your employee which if you will note the policy that was PM'd to you is against forum rules.

I left it alone as posted rather than delete it but if this continues then THIS thread will get locked as TDS did the first and everyone will have to go to #III to find out Tom's results.

I think the horse has been beaten to death that there are plenty of other happy customers and it's quite obvious that Tom is the only person right now that has any issues and those issues have also been beaten to death...otherwise we would have 8 other threads on this and other forums regarding your kit...which we don't have so it is completely unnecessary to constantly self promote the product.

So if you or your employees have technical input pertaining directly to this thread topic then by all means feel free to join in....but customer service issues and advertisments(direct or via testimonials) need to be kept out of it as all it does is add unnecessary noise to do the discussion.
I would also add that Steve P has only worked at GMS for 90 days. out of 70 posts perhaps less then 10 occurred since he worked here. If he quits can he post again? likewise should he be barred from further posting becuae I gave him a job. I understand your point but your are being a bit over critical of GMS - IMO. In any case I will speak with all my employees.
Old 1/3/08, 08:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
I would also add that Steve P has only worked at GMS for 90 days. out of 70 posts perhaps less then 10 occurred since he worked here.
He was obviously promoting GMS's product though. The fact is, he does work at GMS and is clearly trying to promote the turbo system. I think you've already made the point that there are plenty of happy customers, just leave it at that.

I honestly don't have a problem with GMS, but you really need to think about the things you say here before you say them.
Old 1/3/08, 08:29 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kh765
I honestly don't have a problem with GMS, but you really need to think about the things you say here before you say them.
I definently agree with that, it's like being under a mircoscope...
Old 1/3/08, 11:11 PM
Banned

OK I am the newbie but here it goes:

SVOPAUL - Quite honestly you do come off like you think you're better than others. You act like you speak for the people but you really speak for yourself. It is fine to voice opinion just like others but you seem to find twisted pleasure in giving JR a hard time.

Tom - Let's just get this over already. Has Granatelli taken care of you or not? At this point all ears and eyes are on you. I purchased my turbo kit from Granatelli because every place I looked all the posts said their turbo was best. You said GMS had the best looking kit as did others.

Granatelli has made his fortune selling forced induction parts. He openly offered to sell me a Paxton, Vortech, Procharger, Whipple or KB as he said he was a dealer for all of them. He is also a dealer for Turbonetics and said if I wanted a 62mm kit he would sell me one of those as well. While I ended up buying "his" 76mm Ball Bearing kit, I chose to purchase it as a tuner kit. While I don't anticipate any problems, you can bet I will rely on GMS to help and follow their lead. You know what they say about opinions they are like eye ***** and everyone has them. But the best vision should come from GMS because they are standing the closest. A lot of other people that are giving advice seem blind. I am sure Tom appreciates all the guess work but I just want facts.

I said it before and I will say it again, I have set GMS up for failure if they don't come through

Lastly i would agree that the post from SteveP was an added bonus but probably not necessary. His saving grace was all he did was post the words of a 3rd party nso I see no harm. All he did was quote the guy with the blue car.
Old 1/3/08, 11:46 PM
FR500 Member

Yup, you're the newbie and quite honestly need to stay out of it. It's not your job to defend GMS. Hope you're happy with your kit. If you've read through the posts, Tom has said time and time again that GMS is taking care of him, and I'm sure he will. That's NOT the issue SVO Paul is talking about. If you've read the posts you'd know exactly what the issue really is.

Don't think for a minute that your comments on other boards don't go un-noticed either. You've popped up in the past couple of weeks on other boards coming to GMS's defense, why... I have no idea. Let GMS take care of themselves. If you get their kit and it's a success, good on ya. No need to blather on any further about the history of GMS and how good he was in the good ole days....yadda, yadda, yadda.
Old 1/3/08, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SixtySix
Yup, you're the newbie and quite honestly need to stay out of it. It's not your job to defend GMS. Hope you're happy with your kit. If you've read through the posts, Tom has said time and time again that GMS is taking care of him, and I'm sure he will. That's NOT the issue SVO Paul is talking about. If you've read the posts you'd know exactly what the issue really is.

Don't think for a minute that your comments on other boards don't go un-noticed either. You've popped up in the past couple of weeks on other boards coming to GMS's defense, why... I have no idea. Let GMS take care of themselves. If you get their kit and it's a success, good on ya. No need to blather on any further about the history of GMS and how good he was in the good ole days....yadda, yadda, yadda.
I just go for the underdog - your post is direct, to the point and well thought out. PAULSVO is more like JR. He just types with no consequence. I agree much of what I have said has focused on GMS but that is because I am focused on my Saleen right now. If you do a search on JAFO at the corvette forums you will see I was a big fan of John Lingenfelter before he died and that is why I purchase one of the last cars he built while alive. As soon as the turbo is done, I will jump over to suspension side of things and so on. Then a year from now when my wifes new Camaro comes in I will start focusing on that.
Old 1/4/08, 12:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JAFO
I just go for the underdog - your post is direct, to the point and well thought out. PAULSVO is more like JR. He just types with no consequence. I agree much of what I have said has focused on GMS but that is because I am focused on my Saleen right now. If you do a search on JAFO at the corvette forums you will see I was a big fan of John Lingenfelter before he died and that is why I purchase one of the last cars he built while alive. As soon as the turbo is done, I will jump over to suspension side of things and so on. Then a year from now when my wifes new Camaro comes in I will start focusing on that.
Um last time I remember SVOPaul is a mod which gives him the right to do this... Consequences? He is just following the forum rules and I commend him for that... Sounds to me like your kinda a troll...
Old 1/4/08, 05:53 AM

Enough of the slapping back and forth - let the moderators do their job and lets quit the high school name calling. I just ask that we get back to the matter at hand - Tom's Turbo...Please!!! I'm still trying to decide on what to buy!!!
Old 1/4/08, 06:53 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
I will forward you comments to the rest of the employees. SteveP while workng at Granatelli responded as an enthusiast.
That is a matter of opinion and as I stated, it was unnecessary and added nothing but a promotional post to this thread...period.

- It is a new year - stop picking on me
If you didn't constantly ignore the rules around here AND moderators(ie: TDS and myself) then you would not feel "picked on". Think about it...if you feel everyone is picking on you then look for the common denominator and that just might be the source of the problem.
Old 1/4/08, 06:58 AM
Service Manager

I would also add that Steve P has only worked at GMS for 90 days. out of 70 posts perhaps less then 10 occurred since he worked here. If he quits can he post again? likewise should he be barred from further posting becuae I gave him a job. I understand your point but your are being a bit over critical of GMS - IMO. In any case I will speak with all my employees.
Yes, he used to work for Vortech...we know this. Did you just ignore the PM I sent you?!? There are rules here for a reason...members complain and ultimately TMS exists for the forum members...without them you would have no customers to address on this site and this site would not exist...so when complaints mount we try to change things to make them better. YOU are not the only one our rules affect yet lately you seem to be the biggest offender. It's not hard to get along around here but you are having a hard time with that. Steve can post all he likes but he is your agent and makes that quite obvious in his signature and posts and therefore he must follow the same guidelines that you must follow around here...period.

I am in now way being over critical with GMS....I treat EVERY vendor here the same way and if a rule is broken or policy ignored then I step in and I have with a number of vendors over the past week and so far nobody else is trying to argue with me about it.
Old 1/4/08, 07:05 AM
Service Manager

OK I am the newbie but here it goes:

SVOPAUL - Quite honestly you do come off like you think you're better than others. You act like you speak for the people but you really speak for yourself. It is fine to voice opinion just like others but you seem to find twisted pleasure in giving JR a hard time.

Yes, you are new here and first you have no idea who I am....I have a job here and one that I donate my time to do and not get paid for. I do it because I am an enthusiast in this hobby and like the idea of a good site that is not full of spam or a bunch of drama. You are starting in here with a good bit of drama so far. I speak for TMS and uphold the rules and policies here.....I answer to Brad the owner of the site and I have a job to do...the only reason you seem to think JR is getting a hard time is because all you have seen is his being corrected for ignoring the rules around here. It makes no difference WHO is not following the rules of the site...if Ghandi himself was here and ignored the rules or gave some information that could be misread and cause harm I would say something to him as well! If you think this is harsh then go join corner carvers and see how people are treated there....you have no idea.
Old 1/4/08, 07:16 AM
Service Manager

PAULSVO is more like JR. He just types with no consequence. I agree much of what I have said has focused on GMS but that is because I am focused on my Saleen right now. If you do a search on JAFO at the corvette forums you will see I was a big fan of John Lingenfelter before he died and that is why I purchase one of the last cars he built while alive. As soon as the turbo is done, I will jump over to suspension side of things and so on. Then a year from now when my wifes new Camaro comes in I will start focusing on that.
Now who is typing thinking there are no consequences? You jumped into a thread that has a longer history than your membership here and more than one person has pointed out your first impression here. You also have NO CLUE as to the reason I have had to step in regarding JR and his posts which is 2 fold. Now I am not just a moderator here....I am admin which means that I deal with problems...I've been more than nice to JR but he seems to enjoy playing "victim" even though he is the one not playing by the rules around here. Now you are coming in and implying that I have no right to enforce the rules of this site?!? You are about to make an example of yourself if you keep it up....if you have a problem use the PM feature, the forums are not a place to carry out episodes of "days of our lives" we have rules and guidelines here and if you don't like them you can find another sandbox to play in.

Now thanks to both you and JR this thread is closed....Everyone here is following along with Tom's topic and all this BS does nothing but create noise and distract from the topic at hand. JR has improved but drama and arguing is not needed here and you have caused more drama in this thread than anyone else.