GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Gords HE isntalled, among other things

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/07, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gords HE isntalled, among other things

I spent yesterday installing the Gord's Ford Performance Heat Exchanger yesterday. I also am now using a FRPP Lightning (Bosch) intercooler pump for additional flow and to help support the Gord's HE. The Brackets that the Gord's unit supplied had to be modified some, a little material taken off the front of the bracket to get it to line up properly, but the brackets were pretty easy one we figured out how to get them situated and where exactly they were going.

Now, for anyone who is thinking about doing this in the future, when you order, make sure you get the side inlet/outlet ports. I had to play with my A/C condenser's heat exchanger to get the coolant hoses to clear. with a side in/out port, the install and routing of hoses would have been 100x easier.

This setup with the stock KB tank, holds just under 1 gallon of coolant/water. far beyond what it held before.

i also got my bumpstops cut down yesterday as well. at full load, i only had about a quarter of an inch of space between the stops andthe frame, so we cut them down. ofthe base of the mount, we left only half of the rubber material left. now i have clearance again!.

we sanded down the currie rear to coat it, but ran out of time for that and the DS saftey loop. those wil lgo in on sunday! here are some pics