GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Gears! Gears! Gears!

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/05, 10:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry...Couldn't resist

Did the search forum thing...Read them all.

Questions
1. I am in Gastonia NC (outside Charlotte) anyone have PERSONAL experience and reccomend a shop? (please...no "a friend of a dude I know" stories)

2. Should I eat the extra $$ to buy my gears from a shop or bring my own?(ala..we don't garuntee a gear we didn't sell argument) :nono:

3. What gear oil? I have seen a flurry of thick vs thin vs Synthetic vs Wesson Oil debates .....then...nothing....no one ever posted what they did (searched)

4. NOW that I have the gears will I need to upgrade my LCA's? (Note: have 4 kids and waving "bye" to 40....I don't go to McD's every saturday night to leave $50 worth of rubber showing off.) BUT....I do want rear end control (hahah...all I can do is make mine wider at the moment). I saw a flurry of discussiions about the LCA issue then nothing....no DEFINET answers. :scratch:

FYI....I have a guy I can use (friend of a friend...that I have actually met and talked to) who works at the Ford Dealership...said to bring all the fixin's and he would do it for $150 at his house....Walk away or Run? (my gut says run).

Jay
Sorry for bad spelling...it's LATE and I am beat down tired...
Old 7/14/05, 05:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You had to do it, didn't ya. Now I'll be singing that to myself all day! :headbang:

1. No help there from me.

2. I would bite the bullet and pay the extra few bucks and purchase your gears from your installer. That way you'll have more leverage if you have, say, NOISE or something worse.

3. I'm running synthetic but am about to switch to Dino on recommendation of my gear maker and installer. I'll let you know how it goes as far as helping with the noise. I'm guessin' it won't do diddly.

4. I'm still running stock LCA's and have not had wheel hop troubles. I just switch to wider rubber - Fuzion 255/50's - and haven't really attempted serious launches yet.

Re FYI: Forget about it! Several of us have used Gear Install Gods and still don't have it right.

Actually I thought your spelling was pretty good.