GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/06, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRPP Sway Bars

For those of you that have upgraded front and rear swaybars. What kind of improvements am I going to see on the street. Are they worth it? I figured understeer will be dramatically reduced but Im just wondering if its worth buying these with stock tires on. I know tires are definitely the biggest improvement but I can only buy the sways right now... not the tires/rims. Should I just take the same amount of money and go with upper and lower control arms? Opinions welcome. Thanks
Old 6/20/06, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't speak for the anti-sway bars but the LCA's/UCA (third link) upgrades are basically for the straight line crowd. They eliminate rear wheel hop under hard acceleration and allow for pinion angle adjustment on lowered cars. I suppose they will help with handling as well but are more drag race oriented. I'd save the money and go to a good set of 275/40 r18 wheels and high performance tires as they are one of the best bang for buck handling upgrades and they look killer as well.
Old 6/20/06, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gkaufman
For those of you that have upgraded front and rear swaybars. What kind of improvements am I going to see on the street. Are they worth it? I figured understeer will be dramatically reduced but Im just wondering if its worth buying these with stock tires on. I know tires are definitely the biggest improvement but I can only buy the sways right now... not the tires/rims. Should I just take the same amount of money and go with upper and lower control arms? Opinions welcome. Thanks
I'd probably go for the sways first for a more noticable improvement. I like my LCA's, and they did tighten up the rear end feel a little bit, but sways should be much more noticable. They are my next planned suspension mod, but I'll go with the Eibach set.

Careful with the UCA. If you go to an aftermarket one without a bearing of some sort (e.g. a stiff poly bushing), you are potentially reducing the articulation of the rear axle. Not a problem for a 1/4 mile car, but something you want to really avoid if you like the twisties.