GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP Stingers, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, and Steeda Mil Eliminators?

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/06, 10:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
FRPP Stingers, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, and Steeda Mil Eliminators?

Anyone running this combo with a stock tune?

I have the Stingers and I'm curious about the O/R H. I read on the Brenspeed website that adding the O/R H without a tune may throw a CEL and that installing the Mil Eliminators will turn it off.

Just curious what the real story with this setup is.
Old 7/4/06, 10:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I have the Pypes offroad H pipe with my Corsa system and it installed without the CEL and ran well for about 3 weeks. Then all of a sudden, the CEL came on and it was indeed caused by the midpipe. I had the rear O2 sensors turned off via my X2 and its been fine since.

BTW, that pipe with Stingers will be loud. Not necessarily LOUD LOUD, but loud.

Tom
Old 7/4/06, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes its going to be loud loud, but a good loud loud, not like my loud loud. Thats why I am thinking of picking up some stingers.
Old 7/4/06, 12:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Borla is great.........but go with Corsa if you want to eliminate drone and the trumpeting that the offroad pipe generates.
Old 7/4/06, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Loud is good, not so sure about loud, loud!

Remember when you guys had your catted stock H with whatever axle-back mufflers? When you first fired up the car, it idled pretty loud for a minute or so, then settled down to a mellow idle tone. Guess what I'm looking for is that 'cold start' idle sound all the time. Will the O/R H do it?

Another thing, I was under the car today checking things out to see what's involved in the H swap. Looks like the 2 outer most header to pipe studs are a pain to get to; access there looks pretty tight.

btw, Tom, I like my Stingers too much to swap them out. Besides, they're practically brand new still!
Old 7/4/06, 08:43 PM
GT Member

I just ordered monday the Pypes off road h from brenspeed and they told me it would on back order for about two weeks but I will let you know how loud it is.

Check out this link

Pypes Off Road H Pipe with FRPP/Borla Stingers

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YcVUaVFcHhk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kQP_3kmDGBQ
Old 7/5/06, 05:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Thanks for the replies.

Loud is good, not so sure about loud, loud!

Remember when you guys had your catted stock H with whatever axle-back mufflers? When you first fired up the car, it idled pretty loud for a minute or so, then settled down to a mellow idle tone. Guess what I'm looking for is that 'cold start' idle sound all the time. Will the O/R H do it?

Another thing, I was under the car today checking things out to see what's involved in the H swap. Looks like the 2 outer most header to pipe studs are a pain to get to; access there looks pretty tight.

btw, Tom, I like my Stingers too much to swap them out. Besides, they're practically brand new still!

Yes, your idle will be much louder. It is very noticeable inside and out. You will definately have the 'cold start' idle sound all of the time, and even a little deeper and louder.

The 2 outer most header to pipe studs are easy as long as you have a swivel head socket wrench and extension...piece of cake.

Trust me. Keep the Stingers!
Old 7/5/06, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by SilverBossGT
Trust me. Keep the Stingers!
SBGT- Would you say that the 2 video clip links a couple posts up is fairly accurate of what I can expect?
Old 7/5/06, 05:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
SBGT- Would you say that the 2 video clip links a couple posts up is fairly accurate of what I can expect?

The following thread has three videos by S197 GT that are better than the two above. They are more recent, and he is travelling on the interstate. Even in these videos the loudness doesn't completely come through on the video. If you expect the sound from these videos, then you will be smiling ear to ear when you crank your car.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2...ighlight=Pypes

Oh, and if you have any other concerns about the install...S197 GT gives a "detailed description" a few posts down.
Old 7/16/06, 10:17 AM
GT Member

The following thread has three videos by S197 GT that are better than the two above. They are more recent, and he is travelling on the interstate. Even in these videos the loudness doesn't completely come through on the video. If you expect the sound from these videos, then you will be smiling ear to ear when you crank your car.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2...ighlight=Pypes

Oh, and if you have any other concerns about the install...S197 GT gives a "detailed description" a few posts down.
Those are really good videos I wish I would have my h pipe right now
Old 7/16/06, 11:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RACING GT
Those are really good videos I wish I would have my h pipe right now
I see you already have the FRPP/Borlas. The Pypes O/R H pipe has a wicked sound with those mufflers. It is by far and away the best setup I have heard. That is why I went with it. You can't beat the price either.
Old 7/16/06, 03:59 PM
GT Member

I see you already have the FRPP/Borlas. The Pypes O/R H pipe has a wicked sound with those mufflers. It is by far and away the best setup I have heard. That is why I went with it. You can't beat the price either.
Great I'm happy to ear it I mean read it!!