GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP Mod Question

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/07, 12:23 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Racing will not be able to tell you if you're going to pass emissions or not. You need to do some research on what your state/county tests for, what they do and how they do it. Every state is a little different in what they look for and how they conduct testing on a newer car.

MOST states that do emisisons testing on 96 and newer cars just plug into the OBD II port and check that there are no error codes and that's it. In that case, you can do just about anything to your car and pass, aftermarket tunes or not.

On the other hand some states still back that up with visual and sniffer tests. That gets more restrictive.

Just depends where you live and how they do it.
Old 6/1/07, 09:32 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpiderMan79x
Most people seem to agree, that the Pro-Cal tool isn't as good as some others on the market. I can live with that for now, and it doesn't seem like there would be any trouble changing tunes later with the set-up I'll have if I decide to go that route.
Right, you can also always get the FRPP kit and later buy a separate SCT tuner with a more agressive tune and unleash all the potential of the car. The major tuners out there can hook you up with a tune for that intake. It's no problem switching back to the FRPP tune if needed.

I tried both the FRPP and Brenspeed tune with my setup and there's a very noticeable difference between the two. If you're sticking with FRPP only you'll be missing on that potential. Once you tried a tune like the ones provided by Brenspeed it's hard to look back.