GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP 3V Intake

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/10, 02:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FRPP 3V Intake

Got the new FRPP 3V intake from BuyFordRacing. IMHO it's very nice looking. Goes well with the FRPP CAI.
Hoping to have it installed and tuned in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it performs as well as it looks. Already have cams, FRPP throttle body and Kooks LT's.
Undecided on either the FRPP CAI or a C&L racer. Have a feeling the Racer will make more power but I like the way the two FRPP pieces go together.

P.S. please disregard the cracked floor been there a long time and it's not getting fixed anytime soon, rather spend the money on the car !
Attached Thumbnails FRPP 3V Intake-gtcs-rims-alloy-072.jpg   FRPP 3V Intake-gtcs-rims-alloy-075.jpg  
Old 7/5/10, 02:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by obofglob
Got the new FRPP 3V intake from BuyFordRacing. IMHO it's very nice looking. Goes well with the FRPP CAI.
Hoping to have it installed and tuned in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it performs as well as it looks. Already have cams, FRPP throttle body and Kooks LT's.
Undecided on either the FRPP CAI or a C&L racer. Have a feeling the Racer will make more power but I like the way the two FRPP pieces go together.

P.S. please disregard the cracked floor been there a long time and it's not getting fixed anytime soon, rather spend the money on the car !
,can't wait to see the install look,,what was your cost for the intake ?,FRPP 3V Intake-502744-r1-10-9a_0001.jpg,,
Old 7/5/10, 04:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribing..
Old 7/5/10, 04:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Geez Bob don't those guy's at Ford Racing take any time off? Glad to see that you got the intake and I will be interested to see how much more Lido gets out of it for you. Get that crack fixed, it looks terrible! BTW the C&L racer will probably flow much better than the Ford CIA and with the Kooks long tubes, Hot Rod cams, FRPP throttle body and FRPP manifold I think you will want all the air you can get....

Here's a picture of Cali HP Addict's build motor with the FRPP intake and the C&L racer intake + FRPP throttle body. I think this was part of Bob's inspiration.
Attached Thumbnails FRPP 3V Intake-imgp3160.jpg   FRPP 3V Intake-imgp3161.jpg  

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 7/5/10 at 05:43 PM.
Old 7/5/10, 04:41 PM
GT Member

Subscribed...

I am thinking this over myself...
Old 7/5/10, 06:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Geez Bob don't those guy's at Ford Racing take any time off? Glad to see that you got the intake and I will be interested to see how much more Lido gets out of it for you. Get that crack fixed, it looks terrible! BTW the C&L racer will probably flow much better than the Ford CIA and with the Kooks long tubes, Hot Rod cams, FRPP throttle body and FRPP manifold I think you will want all the air you can get....

Here's a picture of Cali HP Addict's build motor with the FRPP intake and the C&L racer intake + FRPP throttle body. I think this was part of Bob's inspiration.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will this work with the Ford Racing strut brace,,will it clear ???
Old 7/5/10, 06:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No strut brace will clear it that I know of.
Old 7/5/10, 07:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS
,can't wait to see the install look,,what was your cost for the intake ?,Attachment 77333,,
Nice looking engine bay ! $529 delivered.

Here is the link

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr...roducts_id=741

Last edited by obofglob; 7/5/10 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added link
Old 7/5/10, 07:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY

Thanks Rich, it's going to be the C&L Racer. Seems like a more direct route and a larger tube etc.
Old 7/5/10, 11:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Got any before/after dyno graphs w/ your mods?
Old 7/6/10, 12:54 AM
Bullitt Member

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-raci...0/p/M9424463V/

$494 at CJ's but It's for the 4th of July sale only! I think it ends today...
Old 7/6/10, 05:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 06GT
Got any before/after dyno graphs w/ your mods?
Sorry no dyno graphs and I would not know how to post them. Kooks LTs, FRPP throttle body and Hot Rod cams were a 30 r.w.h.p. gain over C&L steet CAI, Steeda U.D.P's and KR mufflers.
Old 7/6/10, 09:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

At least some people seem to be getting these things finally. Hopefully mine will come soon.
Old 7/6/10, 02:42 PM
Cobra Member

The new intake looks great. Does anyone have any numbers to back up the performance improvements with these mods?
Old 7/6/10, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by AGBULLIT
The new intake looks great. Does anyone have any numbers to back up the performance improvements with these mods?
I looked all over and could not find any dyno results of cars equipped with the new FRPP intake. Now that they are hitting the pipeline I would bet that there will be several reports shortly.
Old 7/6/10, 07:39 PM
GT Member

could not find any dyno results of cars equipped with the new FRPP intake
Nice looking piece and wish you much success.....but I would not put too much stock in manufacture/individual claims for hp gains. Just too easy to tweak a few extra horses on a dyno, especially with undisclosed mods contributing to the alleged increases.

Dyno numbers generally are all over the place anyway, from one machine to another and one operator to another. There can be as much as a 20% difference in hp numbers between a mustangdyno and a dynojet for example. Just be happy if your new intake delivers a more even distribution of gases per cylinder, which is a problem inherent with the stock intake manifold.

Last edited by forensicsteve; 7/6/10 at 07:45 PM.
Old 7/7/10, 09:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
Nice looking piece and wish you much success.....but I would not put too much stock in manufacture/individual claims for hp gains. Just too easy to tweak a few extra horses on a dyno, especially with undisclosed mods contributing to the alleged increases.

Dyno numbers generally are all over the place anyway, from one machine to another and one operator to another. There can be as much as a 20% difference in hp numbers between a mustangdyno and a dynojet for example. Just be happy if your new intake delivers a more even distribution of gases per cylinder, which is a problem inherent with the stock intake manifold.
Thanks, I am pleased with the difference that the cams, throttle body & LT's made, just in the way that the car feels and responds. So if the intake adds a little to that I would be happy.
The plan is to get a baseline dyno run and then change the intake while the car is on the dyno to see the results. It sounds like a good plan to me, any gain would be nice but I am not expecting big numbers.
Old 7/7/10, 11:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Love how that new Manifold looks. Should be a blast with some Heads/Cams or FI.
Old 7/10/10, 09:05 AM

Wow, that engine bay looks nice...I think that intake(along with the throttle body, heads and cams lol) would fit nice in my engine bay!

I was wondering though, if I switch out to that FRPP Intake, did I waste money on the Steeda delete plates?
Old 7/10/10, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by obofglob

,I just ordered the FRPP throttle body,

Quick Reply: FRPP 3V Intake