GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP for 07

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/06, 05:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRPP for 07

Went to the local ford dealer who is a large seller of Ford Racing performance parts looking for the performance pack for 07 GT. The parts catalog shows the performance pack but with no part number. When I inquired they called Ford Racing who told them it was not yet available because they were still working on the computer tune.

Does anyone know what the difference is in the 06 to the 07 that would be holding up the release of the performance pack?
Also will the axle back kit from 06 work on the 07 or are there changes there as well?

Not really looking for info on other tuners/ CAI or axle back kits just hoping to find info about the ford package.

Thanks
Old 7/24/06, 10:29 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I would think that if other axleback kits designed for '05 and '06 GT's fit then they will on the '07. As proof, I offer up the Flowmaster American Thunder axle-backs I first put on my '05 GT, and on Saturday re-installed onto my '07 GT. The '07 pipe was just barely smaller than the '05, so I had to cut slots with a cut-off blade mounted in a circular saw, so that when I tightened up the clamp the metal could give. I did this cut perpendicular to the alignment notch in the flowmaster pipes. I didn't take a pic though, and don't really feel like pulling a muffler back off.

In fact, the tips fit more evenly in the bumper cutouts on the '07 than they did on the '05. And it sounds great!

I haven't tried installing the C&L and Diablo tune yet, so I can't speak about any changes there. I hope there aren't any that would prevent me from using the Predator and tunes I have now, because then I'll have to spend even more money on the car. Not a bad thing, but I didn't want to have to buy duplicates.
Old 7/24/06, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

The FRPP Power Packs come with a unique computer calibration for the year and transmission. Much like other tuens, you have to get the correct year kit. Chances are the hardware is the same, but the Tuner is different.
Old 7/25/06, 03:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the reply. With Jayguy talking about having to notch the pipes it sounds like a difference albeit a small one.