GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

a friend GAVE me his SCT2!

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/08, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a friend GAVE me his SCT2!

a friend of mine gave me his SCT2 tuner from his 2007 V6. i helped him with every one of his mods and ofcorse wouldnt accept any type of payment so he insisted i take the tuner in appreciation for all my help. hes trading the stang in for a new pontiac G8 GT. he loaded the stock tune back onto his V6 so i assume i can just get 3 new tunes from brenspeed but im not sure. my cal code is different from his so how do i go about getting this done? i emailed brenspeed but i just wanted to see what everyone on TMS thought.
Old 7/2/08, 09:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's pretty easy. First you have to get some new tunes from someone, like brenspeed or bamachips or whatever. Once you have the new tunes, download the appropriate programs from SCT's website and follow the directions.

You will need to unlock the tuner, then load the new tunes, then go upload them into your car. Piece of cake.
Old 7/2/08, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

do i need my friends car to do any of this? like unlocking? i just need to know soon because hes trading in the car tomorrow. like i said he loaded the stock tune back onto the car so i assume thats all i need from his car.
Old 7/2/08, 09:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to give Brenspeed the PCM Code on your processor. It will be on the right side of the engine bay near the front. Each mustang has a different processor code.
Old 7/2/08, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by slipnotovk
do i need my friends car to do any of this? like unlocking? i just need to know soon because hes trading in the car tomorrow. like i said he loaded the stock tune back onto the car so i assume thats all i need from his car.
correct, you are finished with his car

Last edited by I-70 west; 7/2/08 at 09:36 PM.
Old 7/3/08, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

just got off the phone with brenspeed and i ordered 3 new tunes. 87, 91 and 93. he said they should be emailed me within a weeks time. i cannot wait to get that 93 octane in my car and see what she can do. i told my friend that gave me the tuner that ill detail his girlfriends car free of charge inside and out (usually charge around $300 for that). thanks everyone for all your help. this is def turning into the summer of the stang
Old 7/3/08, 02:03 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
i told my friend that gave me the tuner that ill detail his girlfriends car free of charge inside and out (usually charge around $300 for that).
Dude when I first read this I swear it said "I told my friend......I'll detail his girlfriend". I've got to stop staring at this computer screen so much.
Old 7/3/08, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

hahahahah. yea you def should give those eyes of yours a rest. go for a drive and then get back on the good ol' source forums lol.

p.s. id detail the girlfriend as well if he needed. im just that much of a good guy hahahah
Old 7/3/08, 06:48 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Old 7/5/08, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

just a quick question. when i get the custom tunes from brenspeed emailed to me, im going with the 93 octane tune. how close to empty do i need to get for it to be safe to go from the regular 87 up to 93? should i run it until the gas gauge turns red at the "10 miles to empty" mark?
Old 7/5/08, 10:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
just a quick question. when i get the custom tunes from brenspeed emailed to me, im going with the 93 octane tune. how close to empty do i need to get for it to be safe to go from the regular 87 up to 93? should i run it until the gas gauge turns red at the "10 miles to empty" mark?
Anything below 1/4 tank or as low as you dare to go and then fill it up with your high octane, run some miles to flush the lines and you`ll be good to load your new tune. Its only long term that would cause any damage.
Old 7/6/08, 08:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
And don't forget before ever taking the car in for service always set back to Factory tune ! record your stategy number so when you get your car back from service and plug tuner in read stategy first if the numbers dont match STOP dont upload anything. I always tell them do not reflash my ECM (electronic Control Module ) I dont say why none thier buisness If I do say rest assured some dumb **** will log it in the cars S/N file and should a warrenty issue arrise you can bet they may use it against you !
Old 7/6/08, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
And don't forget before ever taking the car in for service always set back to Factory tune ! record your stategy number so when you get your car back from service and plug tuner in read stategy first if the numbers dont match STOP dont upload anything. I always tell them do not reflash my ECM (electronic Control Module ) I dont say why none thier buisness If I do say rest assured some dumb **** will log it in the cars S/N file and should a warrenty issue arrise you can bet they may use it against you !
i was wondering about that too. thanks for the heads up. its just going to be annoying every time i need to go in for service to run it under a 1/4 of a tank then give it regular with the stock tune but if thats what i gotta do, thats what i gotta do. i knew already about telling them NOT to reflash the ECM from previous stories about peoples tuners not working anymore after a service at the stealership. im sure they know by now when someone says DONT flash the ecm, its because they either have a custom tune on there or will be putting one back in as soon as they leave the lot. again, thanks for the heads up.

and thanks I-70 west for the info