GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Frankenmuffler

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/06, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took my car over to Red 454's house yesterday for a comparison of his modified exhaust and my stock sound. Sound clips will be coming soon. Stay Tuned
Old 1/13/06, 10:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I finally have the first sound clip for the first Frankenmuffler mod up. It takes Google Video a week to verify, but here it is. Another clip should be available soon, then the one comparing the two cars up in a few more days.

Here you go,

Frankenmuffler
Old 1/13/06, 04:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Hatchman@January 13, 2006, 11:18 AM
I finally have the first sound clip for the first Frankenmuffler mod up. It takes Google Video a week to verify, but here it is. Another clip should be available soon, then the one comparing the two cars up in a few more days.

Here you go,
Frankenmuffler
Hey, that thing actually sounds good IMO!
Old 1/13/06, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Hatchman@January 13, 2006, 11:18 AM

Here you go,
Frankenmuffler

I kinda like ole' Frankenmuffler. Interested to hear it after the next operation!!
Scott
Old 1/13/06, 10:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the video really does not do the sound justice. There is now a deeper low frequency tone that my camera just can't pick up. The new sound is a little louder, but it is really more of a deep sound.

Since I have not heard any other aftermarket mufflers, it is hard for me to compare the sound to anything. Indystang brought his GT over and we parked them side by side for a sound comparison. He said that the sound reminded him of the Flowmasters a little. We got some video of the side by side comparison. Hatchman may have a link to that video up soon (thanks!).

The real test is to drive it but since I won't have full insurance coverage until April, perhaps we can transfer the mufflers to Indystang's car for a test run.

More to come...
Old 1/15/06, 04:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here's the clip with the new muffler and and stock. Custom muffler sounds deeper.

Comparison with stock

Frankenmuffler 2
Old 1/15/06, 05:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ole Frankmuffler 2 sounds alot like my Borla's at idle but still quieter when revving. Curious is this going to end with completely gutting the Frankenmuffler before it is all over. I would like to hear that.