GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

***Forever in Debt to Doug at Bamachips***

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/06, 03:25 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been on these boards for a while and I see people commenting on Doug's tunes and customer service all the time! I had to check him out.

First off, Doug gave me an immediate response to my Emails. He handled my requests like a champ!!! Thank you Doug.

Currently, I am running a Brenspeed tune. Nothing against Brent at all, but I am having some issues with what seems to be a misfire, or a bucking back at high RPMS under heavy load. I called Brent a while ago about this and he helped me through the process of backing out some timing. This barely helped my problem. Instead of sending my unit out to him, I wanted to see what other options I had...

So I decided to give Doug's tunes a shot! I sent him an Email about my situation, just asking for some advice and letting him know that I was interested in his tunes. Right away, he called me back and we went over some hings, and he made up a tune for me and Emailed it to me!!!! No need to send out the unit. Doug has great prices, and his customer service far exceeds the norm!!!

Doug, I can't wait to continue doing business with you...

Again, not a slam at all against Brenspeed. I have also appreciated Brent's help and advice. He also tried to help me in many ways. It was my curiousity that drove me to try Doug's tune. And I couldn't be happier!

So anyone looking for superior customer service, backed up with excellent tunes...Doug at Bamachips is your man!!!
Old 2/1/06, 04:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's why doug is my tuner, and he also lives right down the road
Old 2/1/06, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup. Although I was happy with DTP's tune for my JLT, I felt there could be some improvement. Doug answered all my emailed questions very promptly, and his price for a tune was a bargain I thought. I wish he were local...
Old 2/1/06, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can I send Doug my SCT 2 and pay him for his tunes? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/1/06, 09:55 PM
3rd Times A Charm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steal101 @ February 1, 2006, 9:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Can I send Doug my SCT 2 and pay him for his tunes? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I don't think you need to send him your programmer. He was able to just Email me my tunes. Then I uploaded them to the programmer. Doug is the S***!!!
Old 2/1/06, 09:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steal101 @ February 1, 2006, 8:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I don't even think you'd need to send it to hiim... he can e-mail tunes.

EDIT: LOL... typing at the same time as Nick. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/1/06, 10:13 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Well I got my Bamachips 93 Octane Performance tune installed!!!

First Impression:

1) The start up seems a lot mellower now compared to my Brenspeed tune. With the Brenspeed tune my rpms would jump to 1400 and very slowly, 7-10 seconds, drop down to 850rpms. When I asked Brent about this, he said it was to warm the cats. Since I have no cats, there is no need for me to warm them. This was probably exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product my neighbors off since my car is loud as heck in the mornings. And holding the rpms at 1400 at 5:30am is not a good idea.

With Doug's tune, I have a jump to 1100 rpms or so and it immediately drops down to 750 or so. I no longer have to **** off my neighbors, unless I want to!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

2) Right as I started backing out of my parking spot (I live in apartments) I noticed the throttle response. Doug's tune really took out all of my throttle lag. As I pulled forward I actually lunged forward when I would have normally crept forward.

3) It is raining out now, so I didn't really get into it, but I was having a hard time keeping my tires from breaking loose, even at low rpms!!!

4) Doug's tune also took care of my CEL. I know Brent could have done that too, but I would have had to send him my programmer!!! Thanks Doug!!!

5) Doug spent this morning and afternoon on the phone with me, and got me everything I ever needed! All it took was an Email and a PayPal invoice, and I had my tunes ready to go!!! Doug is everything that people say about him and more!!! Thank so much for your help!!!

I will load the Torque Tune on Saturday after I get my gears installed and let you guys know how it works out for me...

As an unbiased customer having tried both Brenspeed and Bamachips tunes, I say Bamachips all the way!

Don't get me wrong, Brent has spent quite a lot of time helping me through my tune issues, and helping me with my H Pipe issues, but you can't beat the service that Doug provides!!!
Old 2/1/06, 10:20 PM
Bullitt Member

yes i had brenspeed too, but i have tried dougs and couldnt be more happier
Old 2/1/06, 10:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(S197 GT @ February 1, 2006, 9:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well I got my Bamachips 93 Octane Performance tune installed!!!
First Impression:

1. The start up seems a lot mellower now compared to my Brenspeed tune. With the Brenspeed tune my rpms would jump to 1400 and very slowly, 7-10 seconds, drop down to 850rpms. When I asked Brent about this, he said it was to warm the cats. Since I have no cats, there is no need for me to warm them. This was probably exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product my neighbors off since my car is loud as heck in the mornings. And holding the rpms at 1400 at 5:30am is not a good idea.
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/filters.gif[/img]
Old 2/1/06, 10:25 PM
GT Member

where is doug went to another tuner i`m very happy racers edge downey calif 5624457001 Max torque312 on 91 oct
Old 2/1/06, 10:28 PM
3rd Times A Charm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 1, 2006, 9:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/filters.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I thought I'd get away with pi**ed off, since we can have weed leafs as avatars!!!

Sorry admin...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kampendmk @ February 1, 2006, 9:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
where is doug went to another tuner i`m very happy racers edge downey calif 5624457001 Max torque312 on 91 oct
[/b][/quote]

Doug is located in Alabama! Hence "Bama"Chips!
Old 2/1/06, 10:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(S197 GT @ February 1, 2006, 9:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I thought I'd get away with pi**ed off, since we can have weed leafs as avatars!!!
Sorry admin...
[/b][/quote]

Don't get me started on avatars... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 2/1/06, 10:29 PM
3rd Times A Charm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 1, 2006, 9:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don't get me started on avatars... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Very sorry Don! I didn't mean to bring up harsh times!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 09:45 AM

Even the Photo Galleries seem to have vanished, now... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I had a similar situation with my tunes...

I originally went with Brenspeed when I got my C&L/X-Cal2 combo, and after installation, I immediately had issues. I went into limp mode as soon as I made my first hard shift, and checked the boards here to find a solution. I had to increase my idle rpm's, which worked, but left me sitting at 1200 rpm's at every stoplight. Something wasn't right.

I shot off an e-mail to Doug and he thought his tunes would fix my problem. A simple paypal transaction and an e-mail later and my baby was as good as new, except waaaay better.

Now since then Brent at Brenspeed informed me that there was something about '06 manual transmission programming that he didn't know about. He said he had new tunes for me, at no charge. So I am waiting to receive my X-Cal back from him, as I am willing to give him a second chance. Now I can compare his new tune and Doug's head-to-head.

Final Word: Both have great customer service, but my vote goes to Doug at the moment.
Old 2/2/06, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

When I decided to get a tuner, based on everything I read on the board here it was between bamachips and brenspeed. I decided to go with Doug at bamachips and have had the same experience as all of you. Excellent service and support. I don't know alot about tuning or how it all works, and Doug answered all my questions thoroughly even if they were simple and basic or even sounded dumb.

And now after reading this and another thread I'm glad to see I made the right choice
Old 2/2/06, 01:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, my intention here is certainly not to turn this into a bash Brenspeed thread, but I had issues with pinging....switched to Bamachips tune and presto.....problem gone, and the cars runs STRONG!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am running Brenspeed's 93 Performance tune and couldnt be happier. I have no issues at all, and Brent has sent me other tunes as well to turn off my rear O2 sensors at no charge.
Old 2/2/06, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

brents 93 tune is good, but you have to try dougs torque tune. im heading to the track tommorow, ill see whos tune is better for my car in the 1/4
Old 2/2/06, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Allow me to add this...

I e-mailed Doug with my list of mod's, and asked if he thought that his tune could do a better job than the dyno-generated one I have now. He had the perfect opportunity to say "Sure I can!", take my money, and give me whatever he wanted to. Given his rep on this board, I would have believed him and bought on.

But he didn't. He e-mailed back saying that while he might be able to do better via mailorder tune, he didn't think it would be enough to justify the price he would have to charge. He thanked me for my interest, but advised me to spend the money on other, more productive parts and services.

What a guy! That takes character, not to take someone's money needlessly. Not only does he do a good job for a lot of people, but friends and neighbors, the man is an honest businessman as well. Even though I didn't do any business with him, that kind of integrity goes a long way for me. I would feel very comfortable doing business with Doug and BamaChips.

Eric

Quick Reply: ***Forever in Debt to Doug at Bamachips***