GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Ford Racing parts

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/06, 12:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking at the various springs, shocks and struts out there from all the manufacturers and was wondering about Ford Racing. My only real worry is if I start messing with the suspension with another brand, when I go in for the 5000 mile check-up, they will take one look and say, sorry you just voided your warranty. But I believe the Ford racing stuff is actually put on at the better/bigger local dealers. As it is a Ford part, I assume I'd be safe. Also, what about their exhaust system? I've heard it's basically Borla, which happens to be the sound I like the best. And of course, the CAI they offer, too. Again, I'm assuming if it's their part they are offering, they install it, I've gotta be in the clear on my concerns? Even if the insurance company found out, hey ....it's a Ford part.
Old 1/26/06, 04:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Ford can't just go and void your warranty just because they notice some small modifications. IF, for any reason your car incounters a big mechanical break down due to one or more of your mods, Ford has to prove 100% that the problem is from the mods you have installed. If they give you grief about it, tell them to go read the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.
Old 1/27/06, 09:01 AM

I put the FRPP( Borla) mufflers on my car, and I've ordered the FRPP CAI ( w/90 mm & tune), which is on backorder till mid-February. These parts should not void your warrantee, as it is very unlikely that they can cause a breakdown/malfunction of any sort.
I got the 49 state legal mufflers, ( small round shaped ones), and I like them a lot. They are louder at start up ( neighbors will hear ya),but they sound just right at idle. If you goose 'em they'll get loud. These mufflers are practically straight pipes, as you can look right through them . I'm going with the FRPP CAI kit because I'd like to keep all my "mods" from Fomoco... I think OEM mods will be better appreciated when the car is 20-30 years old ( I plan on still having it then )
HTH,
Dan
Old 1/27/06, 09:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Dan,
I thought I saw pics where the FRPP/Borla exhaust 'cans' were polished. The ones in your pic don't appear to be.
Old 1/27/06, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Ford parts will give you no more protection than any other. Having the dealer do the install won't do anything either - other than likely cost you more than it should.

If you put on Ford's cai, then detonate your engine (I know, not likely, but for example), if they think the cai did it, you may find yourself sol when it comes to getting it fixed.

The best thing you can do is find a mod-friendly dealership who'll play you fair. Also, remember that any mod has to be shown to be the cause of any part failure in order to deny warranty cover.
Old 1/27/06, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TacoBill@January 27, 2006, 11:02 AM
Hey Dan,
I thought I saw pics where the FRPP/Borla exhaust 'cans' were polished. The ones in your pic don't appear to be.
Only the tips are polished.
Old 1/27/06, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been told by Ford of Canada (may differ in the U.S.) that installation of FRPP parts by a Ford dealer can affect my warranty.

Their advice is to get a written statement from the dealer installing the FRPP parts as to what their stance is re: warranty work. Ford of Canada's position is that it is up to the indivdual dealer to assess warranty claims, and to recommend appropriate action.

I called some dealers, and they all had the same answer. They would not warranty any part(s) that fail(s) that could be linked to the FRPP parts being installed. For example, installation of the FRPP Handling Pack would negate any warranty claim for any parts related to that - ball joints, etc., but would not affect a warranty claim for any part not related to that - air conditioning (which is logical but didn't really need to be stated).

So, FRPP parts can invalidate your warranty, unless you get a dealer statement in writing that they will not.

Moral: find a good dealer.