GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Ford Racing air filter

Search this Thread

Old 12/18/22, 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford Racing air filter

I was informed by my service rep the last time I had my Mustang in for service that the air filter for my Ford Racing intake is discontinued and I need to look into replacing the intake... I was wondering if anyone is using a K&N style filter or is there a way to clean the filter in the intake now? I heard they can be taken out and cleaned? Any good replacement filter ideas? Thanks for any input or help!
Old 12/18/22, 07:33 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,866 Likes on 2,112 Posts
@OneCoolGT

Originally Posted by OneCoolGT
I was informed by my service rep the last time I had my Mustang in for service that the air filter for my Ford Racing intake is discontinued and I need to look into replacing the intake... I was wondering if anyone is using a K&N style filter or is there a way to clean the filter in the intake now? I heard they can be taken out and cleaned? Any good replacement filter ideas? Thanks for any input or help!
Hmm, Sounds Like Your Advisor Gave Up a Bit Quick!

I Believe it is the Same as the 08-09 Bullit. Any Ford Dealer Should Be Able to Get Filter by Oem or Motorcraft Number. Sounds Like FRPP Stopped Selling Them But FORD Still Supplies Them It Appears!

The Old FRPP Number Was M-9601-B.

Ford Bullit Oem Filter is 8R3Z-9601-C.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...3z-9601-c.html

Here is Motorcraft! FA-1895 Pictures Vary on these on Ebay for Some Reason. I think its Just Angle of Pic Makes One Look Way Tapered!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29531611003...Bk9SR8CXhoSlYQ

If you Want to Go K&N

https://www.knfilters.com/cross-refe...01b-air-filter

Let Me Know How it Works Out!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/18/22 at 07:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OneCoolGT (12/18/22)
Old 12/19/22, 08:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,047 Posts
Assuming it is the standard K&N oiled filter, yes they can be cleaned and re-oiled. You can get the K&N kit with the cleaner and the oil at most auto parts stores.
K&N Filter Care Service Kit Aerosol 99-5000 - Advance Auto Parts

But first make sure it is a washable oiled filter, because I am not sure.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (12/19/22)
Old 12/19/22, 01:33 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,720 Posts
Originally Posted by OneCoolGT
Replacing the entire intake is not necessary... As posted above, all that is required is just replace the filter... If the air filter is the original OEM included with the Ford Racing intake? It cannot be cleaned or reused, therefore you'll need to replace with either a K&N, Airaid or S&B replacement filter which is similar to the size of your current OEM filter element... If the OEM filter was previously replaced with an aftermarket unit? the manufacture's logo and model number should be stamped on either the inlet housing or on the very top where the cap is located... If you locate a K&N, Airaid or S&B logo? these can be cleaned/re-oiled with their cleaning/re-oiling kits... If however you don't wish to purchase a replacement filter which requires re-oiling? Airaid offers their dry synthamax air filters that can be cleaned and reused without requiring any oiling...

I've attached a link below if you happen to be interested...

https://www.airaid.com/air-filters

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/19/22 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12/22/22, 10:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is the OEM filter that came with the intake, been having it replaced by the dealer since I had it installed years ago. I'm going to check out Airaid and see if they have one that fits. Thanks for the help!!