Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTA's all the way.
Old 1/9/08, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Larmo
GTA's all the way.

You will really like them when you get that offroad Mac Prochamber installed this weekend!!!!!!!!
Scott
Old 1/9/08, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
You will really like them when you get that offroad Mac Prochamber installed this weekend!!!!!!!!
Scott
Stop reminding me... hehehe Its going to be the longest three days before it gets here, but I am confident that the prochamber will wake up the GTA's while keeping the GTA droneless roar.
Old 1/9/08, 07:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the flows!!! nothing sounds like flowmasters.... i have them on my 65' and had them on my blazer too.....
Old 1/10/08, 05:03 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flowmasters! Mine were just put on about a week ago and I love them.
Old 1/10/08, 08:33 AM
V6 Member

I have the GTA's and love them
Old 1/10/08, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Starfire,
I realize you are asking about GTA's and Flows and thats where I was a couple of months ago. But just in case you are still open to other suggestions, also consider JBA's
I wanted the exact same thing in a muffler as you; louder and deeper than stock, but not ear splitting and was afraid of getting Flows because of the loose baffle issue. I ended up getting the JBA #40-2627 mufflers (ss version) thanks to another member's(Rondosa) suggestion on this website and couldn't be happier with their sound...they ended up being exactly what I wanted. Other than those mufflers, the rest of my exhaust system is stock. Check out youtube, there aren't many JBA's so you won't spend a lot of time listening to clips. Just my .02, best of luck in whatever you decide.
Old 1/10/08, 01:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have the flows and if I were to do it again I'd get GTA's. The flows have slight drone at 2K RPM's and are deeper than stock. I like the sound of the GTA's more.
Old 1/10/08, 02:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the GTA's and my neighbor has the Flowmasters. He complains about minor drone and cabin noise. I don't have any complaints about my GTA's so I'd recommend those.
Old 1/10/08, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by biznazion
I have the GTA's and my neighbor has the Flowmasters. He complains about minor drone and cabin noise. I don't have any complaints about my GTA's so I'd recommend those.

Yeah I think this is the first question you need to ask yourself. "Can you deal with drone?" I ran Borla Stingers for about 1 yr and most will say they sound the best hands down. And I still believe that but I couldn't deal with the drone. Especially after I went with a offroad pipe. I went with the GTA's. They are loud when I want they to be and have "NO DRONE"!
Scott
Old 1/10/08, 03:55 PM
V6 Member

I had the GTA's on my car for 8 months or so and loved the way they sounded and no drone at all. But then I got long tube headers and an off road x-pipe and they sounded way too raspy! I even added resonators to get rid of the raspyness, but they didn't help at all. So now, I think I might try the flows. But if you aren't planning to do much else to the exhaust, I think you will love the look and sound of the GTA's.
Old 1/10/08, 08:18 PM

I have flowmaster 40's on mine and had it parked next to a shelby with GTA's and the flowmaster sounds better has more throaty sound and idles louder. When we reved them up the flows still sounded better but were not louder. Now mine is not the axle back that you get from flowmaster I actually fabed mine up in my garage using the stock muffler and two 40 series mufflers. I did this because after talking with the flowmaster guys at a show I found out that the kit is a one off muffler that sounds like a 50 series.
Old 1/11/08, 06:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah see I know what the Flowmaster 40's sound like, but on my dad's car there being pumped though by a 8 liter 500HP engine so I'm sure they will be different on the Mustang. I don't know what the American Thunder sound like. I'll check out the JBA's also. I keep reading about the stingers and they sound good, but I read "not much drone" to "Splitting headache drone". I don't mind a little, but if I take a road trip I don't want a headache from it either, that's what scares me about the stingers.
Old 1/11/08, 11:34 AM
GT Member

SLP Loudmouths....ooppps wasnt on the list
Old 1/11/08, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

GTAs + FRPP Xpipe here and love them.
Old 1/13/08, 06:26 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by IowaBeef
I had the GTA's on my car for 8 months or so and loved the way they sounded and no drone at all. But then I got long tube headers and an off road x-pipe and they sounded way too raspy! I even added resonators to get rid of the raspyness, but they didn't help at all. So now, I think I might try the flows. But if you aren't planning to do much else to the exhaust, I think you will love the look and sound of the GTA's.

The raspieness your talking about is from the offroad X pipe. Changing the mufflers won't change that..
Old 1/13/08, 08:13 PM
GT Member

Just go with the Stingers, GTAs are barely louder than stock and not worth the upgrade. You'll get some drone, but it's not as bad as some people make it sound on these boards.
Old 1/13/08, 09:25 PM

I have the GTAs with an auto - No drone. I like the sound, but I haven't heard the flowmasters. No problems with the quality. Fit and finish were perfect.
Old 1/13/08, 10:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by sycd
Just go with the Stingers, GTAs are barely louder than stock and not worth the upgrade. You'll get some drone, but it's not as bad as some people make it sound on these boards.
I'm leaning toward getting the Stingers too. Can't imagine the drone being worse than the Flowmasters.

Jon
Old 1/13/08, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Stingers and a high flow catted x pipe minimize the drone dramatically while perserving the loud low growl with no "trumpets". Just click on my exhaust clip link and turn up your volume and you'll see for yourself.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster or GTA?