GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Flat out lost for words after journey to Tillman

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/08, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Thanks Jeff! It's an honor to be on your car! I'll let you know about the T Shirts. They're probably going to all be black. The red shirts last year pissed a few people off. (I loved them)

I'll definitely keep everyone informed!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
Hey Chris. How do I get a sticker or banner? Make mine silver.. Ya know I gotta represent.
Old 9/18/08, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

red shirts huh?? what were they? I like to wear shirts that **** people off
Old 9/18/08, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 9/18/08, 07:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shwaco1967
Man that is the ONLY mod that I have, which makes this car so unbelievably fun. I was pondering all the way home. "What am I gonna do next, and keep this car sane?" I want to go with a S/C once I get my funds build up to do so but I will be able to swing a set of longtubes to push over the 300rwhp thresh hold. Power explosion is exactly right. I call it annoying in a fun way. When I get on her, the tires give me a little "eek eek eek eek" AT HALF THROTTLE!!! I'm at the next light laughing my a** off so hard, you would thought the late great Bernie Mac just told a joke.

Jeff,(05fordGT)I was peeping your avatar notes. What kind of power are you putting down with the custom dyno tune and L/T's?? I need the cats up here in Mass. I'm gonna enjoy that set up until the S/C(Saleen) late next year. Yeah that's just like me to always get the mods done when it starts to get cold out. I gotta get that Subaru!(AWD)
Hey dude, thanks for checking out my mod list. As you see, I only have the L/T's and an Airaid intake, and thats all! I am pushing 302rwhp (which is 350 flywheel at 16% per CR), and 323rwtq (which is 375 flywheel). I am LOVING all this power. And in case you were gonna ask? I plan on staying N/A forever. No plans for a S/C. I'd rather do heads, cams, and maybe a stroker. After reading the MM & FF article on Jim III's car, I want that setup in time (401rwhp on a N/A 4.6L 3V!). I can live with that.

On the longtubes, YOU WILL LOVE THEM!!! I couldn't believe the sound my car made when I first drove off with them. What a difference!!! And the cool thing, the power I have in the upper RPM band, in 3rd and 4th, with CR's tune is just awesome!!! You won't go wrong with a tune from CR. You'll have a smile a mile wide!!! Get one ordered bud, you won't regret it!!!
Old 9/18/08, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey dude, thanks for checking out my mod list. As you see, I only have the L/T's and an Airaid intake, and thats all! I am pushing 302rwhp (which is 350 flywheel at 16% per CR), and 323rwtq (which is 375 flywheel). I am LOVING all this power. And in case you were gonna ask? I plan on staying N/A forever. No plans for a S/C. I'd rather do heads, cams, and maybe a stroker. After reading the MM & FF article on Jim III's car, I want that setup in time (401rwhp on a N/A 4.6L 3V!). I can live with that.

On the longtubes, YOU WILL LOVE THEM!!! I couldn't believe the sound my car made when I first drove off with them. What a difference!!! And the cool thing, the power I have in the upper RPM band, in 3rd and 4th, with CR's tune is just awesome!!! You won't go wrong with a tune from CR. You'll have a smile a mile wide!!! Get one ordered bud, you won't regret it!!!
See that's what I thought about doing also instead of going forced induction. I understand a conservative boost PSI and a good tune won't stress the motor but I'm serious thinking of going with the N/A mode. I need this car as long as I can keep it. That same article in MMFF about Jim III's car is what made me second guess an S/C. I just like the thought of raising my hood so any competitor would only see a CAI and headers on that little 281, unsuspecting heads and cam work. 400 rwhp on a N/A motor... I can definitely live with that.

Sometime after Christmas I'll be ready for those L/T's. I'll have Tillman hook em up (if they will) and have Chris do another dynotune for me. I know I've stated else where here, that I WANTED that big torque hit off idle but I NEED something easier on the wallet and my engine.. Just a little bit anyway.
Old 9/19/08, 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I think your right buddy!

Hey CR, you gotta get me your new "Tuned by Tillman Speed" decal so I can put it on the back of the car when I'm raicng down at Cecil in November!!!
I have been sporting those decals on my side-rear windows for close to 2 months now, and boy it's an awesome feeling. I can't wait to go back. I spoke with CR yesterday and I'm gonna get me some Kooks L/T's installed and possibly the FRPP Hot Rod Cams, a retune and dyno sometime soon...I really can't wait.

I want to get a Tillman windshield banner now and a t-shirt. Spring/Summer 2009 is going to be glorious...hopefully by then my baby should be all done.
Old 9/19/08, 08:20 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by shwaco1967
Hey Chris. How do I get a sticker or banner? Make mine silver.. Ya know I gotta represent.
PM me your address, and I'll get one on the move for you ASAP my man!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
Old 9/19/08, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CrazyGreek89
I have been sporting those decals on my side-rear windows for close to 2 months now, and boy it's an awesome feeling. I can't wait to go back. I spoke with CR yesterday and I'm gonna get me some Kooks L/T's installed and possibly the FRPP Hot Rod Cams, a retune and dyno sometime soon...I really can't wait.

I want to get a Tillman windshield banner now and a t-shirt. Spring/Summer 2009 is going to be glorious...hopefully by then my baby should be all done.
If you're in the area, stop down or give me your address and I'll send a banner over! Our new windshield banners are teh hotness. When our shirts are done, we'll let everyone know as well! Thanks again for supporting us and hooking us up with some free advertisement!

I got a call yesterday from a good customer of ours who has been doing business with us since the mid-80's, he was either in northern VA or MD and he was driving along and a red S197 pulled up next to him I think in his foxbody. The S197 blew his doors off! And he said when he finally got behind him it had a "Custom Tuning By Tillman Speed" sticker right on the back windshield. He called us up a moment or two later still laughing his *** off!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
Old 9/19/08, 08:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LMAO!
Old 9/19/08, 08:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here ya go Chris!

Sorry for the pic quality. My phone sucks.
Old 9/19/08, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

If you're in the area, stop down or give me your address and I'll send a banner over! Our new windshield banners are teh hotness. When our shirts are done, we'll let everyone know as well! Thanks again for supporting us and hooking us up with some free advertisement!

I got a call yesterday from a good customer of ours who has been doing business with us since the mid-80's, he was either in northern VA or MD and he was driving along and a red S197 pulled up next to him I think in his foxbody. The S197 blew his doors off! And he said when he finally got behind him it had a "Custom Tuning By Tillman Speed" sticker right on the back windshield. He called us up a moment or two later still laughing his *** off!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
Ok, sounds good...I may stop over tonight when I get done work to pick them up and check out those Kooks you were telling me about. How did the Hot Rod Cams installation go yesterday?
Old 9/19/08, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

PM me your address, and I'll get one on the move for you ASAP my man!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
PM sent... Thank Chris!
Old 9/19/08, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 69Mach1-409
Here ya go Chris!

Sorry for the pic quality. My phone sucks.
Man that sticker is sharp. Can't wait to get mine. Love that phone call story too CR. Like I said.. Represent! Let em know, "this is who did this to you!"

Last edited by shwaco1967; 9/19/08 at 10:10 AM.
Old 9/19/08, 12:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ok, sounds good...I may stop over tonight when I get done work to pick them up and check out those Kooks you were telling me about. How did the Hot Rod Cams installation go yesterday?
Yeah CR, let us know about the Cams install! What do you charging for the cams itself and the install/tune? I think I am really gonna want these sooner than later! I just love the sound!!!!
Old 9/19/08, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah CR, let us know about the Cams install! What do you charging for the cams itself and the install/tune? I think I am really gonna want these sooner than later! I just love the sound!!!!
I'm with you on the cams, Jeff. I have been wanting these since the first video surfaced on YouTube with the white S197 outside of a speed shop in Maryland, back in March/April. First I'm going with the Kooks and hopefully have the cams on before the Spring...maybe I can get them done at some point in the winter and hold off driving it until the Spring HEHE
Old 9/19/08, 09:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm with you on the cams, Jeff. I have been wanting these since the first video surfaced on YouTube with the white S197 outside of a speed shop in Maryland, back in March/April. First I'm going with the Kooks and hopefully have the cams on before the Spring...maybe I can get them done at some point in the winter and hold off driving it until the Spring HEHE
Hey dude, you can't go wrong with Kooks. While I got American Racing Longtubes, they are very close in build and quality! Plus, when you do get these installed, you will be in automotive driving heaven!! Longtubes sound SICK!!!

BTW, I see your from Philly? Where at? I'm in the 'burbs, up 309 Expressway in Bucks County. You should come out to a cruise night or car show with my group one day/night. You'd have fun. Check out the link in my sig for Bad Pony Club. ! Its my Internet Mustang club I belong to. LOTS OF FUN with LOTS of great people!!! All local to PA/NJ/Del/Maryland.
Old 9/20/08, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey dude, you can't go wrong with Kooks. While I got American Racing Longtubes, they are very close in build and quality! Plus, when you do get these installed, you will be in automotive driving heaven!! Longtubes sound SICK!!!

BTW, I see your from Philly? Where at? I'm in the 'burbs, up 309 Expressway in Bucks County. You should come out to a cruise night or car show with my group one day/night. You'd have fun. Check out the link in my sig for Bad Pony Club. ! Its my Internet Mustang club I belong to. LOTS OF FUN with LOTS of great people!!! All local to PA/NJ/Del/Maryland.
Yeah, I really can't wait for the LT's...I think my Bassani's will really liven up when the LTs are installed.

Yeah, I actually live in Center City Philly, several minutes away from 676 (Vine St Expressway) and the Art Museum area. Hmm, that would be awesome. I haven't been to any cruise nights or car shows...ever! Hehe. I am going to my first one on Oct 4...the dealer where I bought my 'Stang is having a Mustang only show and figured I would take a ride. It's right outside of Jim Thorpe/Lehighton, PA. I will check out the link for the club. Keep me posted and let me know on dates and stuff. You can PM me your phone number/email address if you want.
Old 9/20/08, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor

We're knocking out the cams this Tues/Wed and then we have another set next Tues/Wed. If anyone wants to stop down and check it out, feel free! We also have a Whipple install/tune Monday/Tues and then another one on the 6th that also turned into clutch/flywheel suspension, driveshaft, exhaust, and much more. 4.56 gears and tune next Wed. Roush upgrade package Friday. Nexus gauge install/whipple tune saturday. The cool project I'm waiting on is the 13th... guys coming in with an 03 Mach 1 for a Ford Racing Aluminator block, Kenne Bell Charger, clutch/flywheel, driveshaft, suspension, fuel system, tuning, etc.

If anyone wants to stop by and check this stuff out, feel free. The only week that we left open was the 29th to the 3rd. We just have hot rod cams install that tues/wed. That way we can knock out the 55 chevy we have, turbo V6 motor, and a few other odds and ends.

Stop down, we'll get you some stickers, if you want to check out those Kooks headers, or the cams. We'll be around!

Jeff, We'll get some good pictures/video of the cam install and tune so everyone gets to hear those bad boys. The one we're doing Tues/Wed is a Saleen Supercharged. He decided to go with the phase limiters and comp springs anyway. It's going to be a beast!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776

Last edited by TillmanSpeed; 9/20/08 at 09:07 AM.
Old 9/20/08, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

We're knocking out the cams this Tues/Wed and then we have another set next Tues/Wed. If anyone wants to stop down and check it out, feel free! We also have a Whipple install/tune Monday/Tues and then another one on the 6th that also turned into clutch/flywheel suspension, driveshaft, exhaust, and much more. 4.56 gears and tune next Wed. Roush upgrade package Friday. Nexus gauge install/whipple tune saturday. The cool project I'm waiting on is the 13th... guys coming in with an 03 Mach 1 for a Ford Racing Aluminator block, Kenne Bell Charger, clutch/flywheel, driveshaft, suspension, fuel system, tuning, etc.

If anyone wants to stop by and check this stuff out, feel free. The only week that we left open was the 29th to the 3rd. We just have hot rod cams install that tues/wed. That way we can knock out the 55 chevy we have, turbo V6 motor, and a few other odds and ends.

Stop down, we'll get you some stickers, if you want to check out those Kooks headers, or the cams. We'll be around!

Jeff, We'll get some good pictures/video of the cam install and tune so everyone gets to hear those bad boys. The one we're doing Tues/Wed is a Saleen Supercharged. He decided to go with the phase limiters and comp springs anyway. It's going to be a beast!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
I will stop by Tuesday after 3PM. Looking forward to checking out the headers and cams. Cya soon CR.
Old 9/20/08, 07:44 PM
V6 Member

We'll get some good pictures/video of the cam install and tune so everyone gets to hear those bad boys. The one we're doing Tues/Wed is a Saleen Supercharged. He decided to go with the phase limiters and comp springs anyway. It's going to be a beast!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
It seems everyone will hear my car before me (stinks that I live an hour away). Hopefully things work out well and we can all be proud of the results.

Remember guys, anyone going down to see my car in person, keep your chubby's away from the upholstery. I have the basic cloth and it won't clean easily

Last edited by pumpkinfish; 9/20/08 at 07:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Flat out lost for words after journey to Tillman