GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Flat out lost for words after journey to Tillman

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/08, 05:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll save full throttle for the track myself. I should have some freed up cash at the end of the month so I'll probably take a ride Epping, NH. to see what she can do. It's been a while since I been on a track so I'm a little nervous.

Last edited by shwaco1967; 9/8/08 at 05:12 PM.
Old 9/8/08, 09:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shwaco1967
Yeah, I think I'll save full throttle for the track myself. I should have some freed up cash at the end of the month so I'll probably take a ride Epping, NH. to see what she can do. It's been a while since I been on a track so I'm a little nervous.
No worries dude. I've only been on the track twice with the car and I can hear my heart beat with the helmet on and windows up, while waiting on the line! Plus, I just can't drive on the 1/4 mile . Practice really does make perfect with this!
Old 9/9/08, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I can hear my heart beat with the helmet on and windows up, while waiting on the line!
Awesome feeling.
Old 9/9/08, 08:07 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I do the EXACT SAME THING!! . I am shocked at what half throttle is like. Haven't had the guts to do it on a public road. I will do it down at Cecil County Dragway in November though.
I think Tillman's is going to be well represented down at Cecil in November. Can't wait.
Old 9/9/08, 08:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info. To bad it's a short 1700 miles...one way.
Old 9/9/08, 08:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me know when you're going, I'd like to head down there as well.
Old 9/9/08, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I just placed my order from Tillman for a JLT/SCT3 combo with 87 perf 91/92 race tunes, I can not wait! Monday is looking to be a long ways away!
Old 9/9/08, 02:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 300GT
I think Tillman's is going to be well represented down at Cecil in November. Can't wait.
I think your right buddy!

Hey CR, you gotta get me your new "Tuned by Tillman Speed" decal so I can put it on the back of the car when I'm raicng down at Cecil in November!!!
Old 9/9/08, 02:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 69Mach1-409
Let me know when you're going, I'd like to head down there as well.
Jason, if you got time tonight, I'll send you a PM with my cell. If you want to race, you gotta get tickets before they sell out! Its drag racing with the Super Stallions Of The Net. Only 150 cars are allowed in, no more! If you want to go, you better get on Cecil County Dragway's website and get a ticket to race. Its $55 via paypal (or $50 via check) and all the runs you can do!!! Any questions, feel free to call me after 8 pm tonight.
Old 9/9/08, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor

I got tillman speed windshield banners, "custom tuning by tillman speed" small stickers... we have the banners in white (outlined or filled in) and we have the small stickers in white, gray, red and vista blue *cough*
Old 9/9/08, 07:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
I got tillman speed windshield banners, "custom tuning by tillman speed" small stickers... we have the banners in white (outlined or filled in) and we have the small stickers in white, gray, red and vista blue *cough*
Hey CR, can you send me up a White and Vista Blue "Custom Tuned by Tillman Speed" sticker? If you need an address, just use the address for Yocum Ford. I'll put it on my car ASAP!!
Old 9/10/08, 06:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Jeff, didn't get your pm till this morning though. Heading over to Cecil's website now and I'll give ya a ring later tonight.

Chris, already have the sticker on her. It's been there sense the day after the dyno.
Old 9/10/08, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor

Jeff,

I'll get em in the mail today! Thanks!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
Old 9/10/08, 09:30 AM
GT Member

*cough* PM'ed you about a small vista blue sticker *cough*
Old 9/10/08, 11:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Jeff,

I'll get em in the mail today! Thanks!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
Thanks CR. Make sure you get my bud Rusty hooked up as well. We do the same shows and I always plug your shop. Everyone can't believe I have that much power out of longtubes and an intake. Great job buddy!!
Old 9/17/08, 05:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by shwaco1967
Well I just walked through the door after a 600 mile round trip to Tillmanspeed. My brother(a fellow muscle car head from the GM camp) and I drove down from Mass. to get my ride dyno tuned...When Chris told me what my baby was putting to the ground with just custom tune and C&L CAI with a pre-existing 93 race tune, my bro and I let a "touch-down like WHOOO!!" All I could do is laugh with joy.

I was expecting 285 to 287 rwhp... This mother put down 294.66rwhp and 313.63 rwtq!!! And that was in 91 degree temp. I was out of my mind with joy. Then Chris drops the hammer: He looks at me with this cheesy grin and says, "Wait until you drive it." Well I had 315 miles to put this new found monster though it's paces. On that note, I still, RIGHT NOW don't know what to say. Everything about this car and the throttle response, the numbers, the sweet sound she now makes is DEAD ON incredible. I know you've heard this before but hear this my way. If you do NOTHING else to this car, get a custom tune. You will be selling yourself short of this cars potential. Checkout the dyno postings on thread 306 for my numbers

Totally lost for words with joy... Yeah... I got something to say now; Thank you Chris Rose! Ya did it again kid and made every mile worth it!!!
Dude are those the only mods with that kind of power?!

Man what I love about CR's tunes is that the power just explodes. What I didn't like is that it explodes at such a low RPM that driving around town was obnoxious. Luckily CR helped me out with throttle mapping to fix that a bit
Old 9/18/08, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor

Hope everyone got there decals okay! Thanks for the kind words! If anyone else needs any decals or anything, give me a call. Our new T-Shirts are on the way, too! Right in time for non-t-shirt weather!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
Old 9/18/08, 12:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hope everyone got there decals okay! Thanks for the kind words! If anyone else needs any decals or anything, give me a call. Our new T-Shirts are on the way, too! Right in time for non-t-shirt weather!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
Hey CR, did you say T-shirts? Let me know how much and what colors you got (if more than 1). I'll send you a check for a few of those ASAP!!!

Oh, and I did get my decals. Just waiting for the new "BPC" club decal to get ordered, to go at the top of the back glass, before I put on your decal (its gonna be larger, and I don't know how much room I need).

Last edited by 05fordgt; 9/18/08 at 12:55 PM.
Old 9/18/08, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks Jeff! It's an honor to be on your car! I'll let you know about the T Shirts. They're probably going to all be black. The red shirts last year pissed a few people off. (I loved them)

I'll definitely keep everyone informed!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776
Old 9/18/08, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cavero
Dude are those the only mods with that kind of power?!

Man what I love about CR's tunes is that the power just explodes. What I didn't like is that it explodes at such a low RPM that driving around town was obnoxious. Luckily CR helped me out with throttle mapping to fix that a bit
Man that is the ONLY mod that I have, which makes this car so unbelievably fun. I was pondering all the way home. "What am I gonna do next, and keep this car sane?" I want to go with a S/C once I get my funds build up to do so but I will be able to swing a set of longtubes to push over the 300rwhp thresh hold. Power explosion is exactly right. I call it annoying in a fun way. When I get on her, the tires give me a little "eek eek eek eek" AT HALF THROTTLE!!! I'm at the next light laughing my a** off so hard, you would thought the late great Bernie Mac just told a joke.

Jeff,(05fordGT)I was peeping your avatar notes. What kind of power are you putting down with the custom dyno tune and L/T's?? I need the cats up here in Mass. I'm gonna enjoy that set up until the S/C(Saleen) late next year. Yeah that's just like me to always get the mods done when it starts to get cold out. I gotta get that Subaru!(AWD)

Quick Reply: Flat out lost for words after journey to Tillman