GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

First Performance Mods--Any input or suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/08, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Performance Mods--Any input or suggestions?

I am new to the Mustang marketplace and am ready to do some performance mods. I would appreciate your input and where you might suggest to purchase these parts.

Here is what I am considering: C&L CAI, Pulley change, axle back muffler (boy this thing is quieter then a Caddy!!!), SCT Live programmer w/custom tune, and suspension mods--different control arms to address wheel hop (which I understand is really bad on the Shelby GT500).

What am I missing??? Do you Stang guys have forum supporters (like the LSx crowd?) and if so, who is a good one to deal up a package if I wanted to buy all this at once???

Thanks!
Old 3/2/08, 02:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Red08Shelby
I am new to the Mustang marketplace and am ready to do some performance mods. I would appreciate your input and where you might suggest to purchase these parts.

Here is what I am considering: C&L CAI, Pulley change, axle back muffler (boy this thing is quieter then a Caddy!!!), SCT Live programmer w/custom tune, and suspension mods--different control arms to address wheel hop (which I understand is really bad on the Shelby GT500).

What am I missing??? Do you Stang guys have forum supporters (like the LSx crowd?) and if so, who is a good one to deal up a package if I wanted to buy all this at once???

Thanks!
That all sounds like a really good place to start. I'd look into www.brenspeed.com
Old 3/2/08, 05:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

You already listed some good stuff.

I started with:

- Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
- STEEDA Muffler (the aggressive ones from Borla)
- Chip-Tuning Diablo/Predator (will change now to SCT. Am not happy with the performance of the Predator)
- STEEDA Rims (20'' Ultra lite's in chrome): those won't do much for the performance but for the looks
- STEEDA intake spacer
Old 3/2/08, 07:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CAI/tune, springs, 4.10 gears
Old 3/2/08, 11:03 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^+1, that's a good start.
Old 3/2/08, 01:13 PM
Cobra Member

All I can say is drive the car for a bit and see what you think is the weakest spot(s) and then start there. Since it looks like you have the GT500, I am not sure power would be it's weakest spot .

Everyone drives a little differently, and in different environments, so most people will have different opinions on what to do first.

Also, if it is a GT500, I would keep all stock parts in case you want to revert it back to stock later.
Old 3/2/08, 01:21 PM
Cobra Member

I would say enjoy the car stock for a little while to and see what the GT500 is like.If you find somethings you would like to improve (wheel-hop), jump on the LCA's first etc.