GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Finally found problem with my CHE LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/07, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally found problem with my CHE LCA's

Man, had the shop remove my CHE Adj. Poly to Poly LCA's and relocation brackets yesterday and replaced them with the Steeda Non Adj. Chrome Moly LCA's.

What has been going on since the install of the CHE's is on the drivers side I would keep hearing this knock sound (like if you took your knuckle and knocked one time on a wood table) when coming to a stop. This had been going on for months and was driving me totally crazy.

Had the car back at the shop many times checking the tightness and torque of every nut and bolt on the rear of the car. Still no luck.

Finally I said the heck with it, get rid of the CHE's.

We removed the CHE LCA's and inspected the ends. What is happening is that the end sleeve holes are too big and allow for the frame bolt to move around freely in the sleeve. This was evident by the scaring (threads of the bolt firmly visable on the sleeves) of the LCA end sleeves.
So no matter how well the ends were torqued down the LCA's could still move back and forth horizontaly.
When we first installed the CHE's we installed them per manufactures specifications. We used the stock settings. (my car is not lowered)

If anyone from CHE or PMP (Kevin or Josh - Where I purchased them) would like to see them, I would be more than happy to send them so that they might correct the size of the LCA end sleeves for a tighter frame bolt fit.

The shop guys are saying that the only thing the CHE's are good for now would be for a drag car, with some minor modifications.

Not complain'in guys, just trying to help correct an issue.

Have a good day
Old 2/4/07, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is there a issue with the CHE Relocation Brackets or just the LCA??

RIchard