GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

A few things for the stang...

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/07, 06:16 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few things for the stang...

Just ordered a set of Roush lowering springs, (just the rear for now)Want to level the car out, I'll see how this works. If anyone has experience with this i wanna hear from you, Got a K&N and Rocker stripes from BSM too But I really want to hear from anyone who has put just the Roush rear springs on, Any Issues or pointers??
Old 6/19/07, 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Are you worried about losing the rake in the stance of the car. Mine is lowered 2 inches in the rear and an inch and half in the front. And it still has some rake in the stance.
Old 6/19/07, 07:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the Roush rears only for about a year. No issues but I finally decided to just go ahead and get the whole package.
Old 6/19/07, 08:30 PM
GT Member

Not worried

Not really concerned about the rake, If I don't care for the look I'll order the front springs, I just did'nt want to hassle with alignment/camber issues. GRAYPNY, You have any pics of yours with just the rear springs on? And one other thing...I just ordered the ultimate Mustang Plates.....

PONI KAR

Thanks for helping out.
Old 6/19/07, 10:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put the rear Roush springs on but it dropped my rear end about a 1/4 inch too low in the back... At first glance, it wasn't bad, but it bugged me and when you looked at it from the profile, you could tell... So I ordered and installed the fronts too... It has a bit of a rake, but better than stock (flatter) and it looks pretty good...

I drove around with just the rears for a few weeks and didn't have any problems with it with just having the rears installed...
Old 6/20/07, 08:04 AM
GT Member

So what should I do??

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I put the rear Roush springs on but it dropped my rear end about a 1/4 inch too low in the back... At first glance, it wasn't bad, but it bugged me and when you looked at it from the profile, you could tell... So I ordered and installed the fronts too... It has a bit of a rake, but better than stock (flatter) and it looks pretty good...

I drove around with just the rears for a few weeks and didn't have any problems with it with just having the rears installed...

Should I go ahead and order the fronts? What about camber issues?, are the fronts a real PITA to install?
Old 6/20/07, 08:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Railrider
Should I go ahead and order the fronts? What about camber issues?, are the fronts a real PITA to install?
Just do the rear like you planned. You can always add the front springs later.

Click on my 'How-To' for the spring swap to see what's involved, then you be the judge as to whether it'll be a pain or not.
Old 6/20/07, 09:28 AM
Cobra Member

Just do the rear like you planned. You can always add the front springs later.

Click on my 'How-To' for the spring swap to see what's involved, then you be the judge as to whether it'll be a pain or not.
I agree! That's what I did... I ordered the backs first and for a lot of people, there is no issue (why do more than you have or wnat to, right?)... But worst case, you have to order the fronts and get them done...

I looked at Taco Bill's write-up (which is excellent by-the-way) and figured the fronts too advanced for my skill level and found a good deal at a local shop for them to install the front springs. And a friend of mine that installed the same springs forwarded me to a set of camber bolts to buy and I brought those in with me... With the bolts, they had no problems!
Old 6/20/07, 07:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Railrider
Don't let the front intimidate you! The front springs are not that hard to install! a set of camber adjustment bolts and front end alignment will resolve those issues ...
Old 6/20/07, 07:26 PM
GT Member

Ok Guys, The Roush rear springs are here..No Instructions though, Which end goes into the frame, Fat end or small end. Gonna do the swap in the morning, then I'll see about the fronts. I appreciate all the help so far.
Old 6/20/07, 07:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's a picture when I just had the rears on.
Attached Thumbnails A few things for the stang...-105.jpg  
Old 6/20/07, 07:33 PM
Cobra Member

Ok Guys, The Roush rear springs are here..No Instructions though, Which end goes into the frame, Fat end or small end. Gonna do the swap in the morning, then I'll see about the fronts. I appreciate all the help so far.
The 'Roush' lettering needs to be right side up... Which I believe was small end on the bottom and large end on the top... I put mine in upside down the first time...
Old 6/20/07, 07:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Had to put on an adjustable panhard bar, springs kicked the rear axle out to the passenger side. But I like the springs and would do again.
\
Install with ROUSH lettering up so you can read it.

Lowers the car 1", but my bigger tires jacked the rear up .65" and the 100+ pound supercharger kit lowered the front end at least .4" so my car sits pretty much 1/3" lower than stock with the KB and Roush rear springs.

Last edited by Hatchman; 3/7/08 at 05:09 AM.
Old 6/20/07, 10:51 PM
GT Member

Ok, I will post some picts when I get the springs and stripes installed tomorow, Thanks again everyone!
Old 6/21/07, 12:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Here's a picture when I just had the rears on.

Looks really good!
Old 6/22/07, 11:26 AM
GT Member

Here's the deal....I'm so ****ed!!

Is it just me or have others had this happen? I take my car over to a friends house to do the spring swap, I get the car up on stands and remove the rear wheels, Get out the toolbox and I'm ready to go to work when...........His 7 year old son comes out grabs my roush springs and starts throwing them up in the air!!!!Bouncing them off the concrete floor!! I tell him to stop and get a SH!TTY look from his dad!!! Then he starts doing hot laps around my mustang on his F*&%king bicycle with very little room for error. OMFG!!! I was so ****ED i just packed my stuff up and left without doing the swap, Glad to be gone without getting a scratch or a dent on my car! I could not believe the utter disregard for my personal property. I have helped out this guy several times with mechanic work in the past, He is mechanically challenged, but I don't think I will be asking for any help from him in the future. Some people just don't get it!! IT'S A MUSTANG, Not your wifes minivan or your old beat up P.O.S. Pickup!!
Old 6/24/07, 09:23 PM
GT Member

Done..

Now that all the drama is over, I did the rear spring install at My place, In the front yard, a little messy but it was worth it!! Got the rocker stripes installed also. Not the best picture but my camera took a **** after this one, I'll try to post some more later.