GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

experience with roush tvs?

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/11, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
experience with roush tvs?

I'm looking at my options of superchargers and i've heard things I like about the tvs. If you have had any experience or know anything about the tvs let me know what you think. I want my supercharger to be for a few trips to the drag every now and then and to have the power when I want it but also be reasonable while driving around.
Old 7/21/11, 10:24 AM

What information are you actually looking for?

I have the Roush TVS fitted on my car and it is an awesome blower. One of the best out there IMO. It all comes down to how far you intend to go with your mods and how much power you want to make. This blower will make close to 700 crank HP straight out of the box (15 -16 psi) so if you want to go to that level a forged rotating assembly is a must.

If you don't want to build your bottom end then you will have to put a larger snout pulley on the blower to reduce boost. A 3.75" pulley will give you 8 lbs of boost and is good for 440 - 460 RWHP. A 3.47" pulley will give you 10 lbs of boost and is good for 470 - 500 rwhp.

These numbers are well within the capabilities of the stock bottom end provided you have a good tune. I cannot over emphasise how important this is. You will also need to consider your fuel supply at this power level. Many go for the GT500 twin pump setup or you could opt for the KB BAP, which will be more than adequate for up to 500 RWHP.

I would recommend you go to www.teamjdm.com and speak to them about your needs. They can supply you with the TVS kit with everything you need in the box. They do an 8 psi kit which comes complete with a tune for a very competitive price. This is a great starting point from which you can build power simply by changing pulleys as and when you want to.

HTH,

Andy

Last edited by CaliSpecial; 7/21/11 at 10:34 AM.
Old 7/21/11, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CaliSpecial
What information are you actually looking for?

I have the Roush TVS fitted on my car and it is an awesome blower. One of the best out there IMO. It all comes down to how far you intend to go with your mods and how much power you want to make. This blower will make close to 700 crank HP straight out of the box (15 -16 psi) so if you want to go to that level a forged rotating assembly is a must.

If you don't want to build your bottom end then you will have to put a larger snout pulley on the blower to reduce boost. A 3.75" pulley will give you 8 lbs of boost and is good for 440 - 460 RWHP. A 3.47" pulley will give you 10 lbs of boost and is good for 470 - 500 rwhp.

These numbers are well within the capabilities of the stock bottom end provided you have a good tune. I cannot over emphasise how important this is. You will also need to consider your fuel supply at this power level. Many go for the GT500 twin pump setup or you could opt for the KB BAP, which will be more than adequate for up to 500 RWHP.

I would recommend you go to www.teamjdm.com and speak to them about your needs. They can supply you with the TVS kit with everything you need in the box. They do an 8 psi kit which comes complete with a tune for a very competitive price. This is a great starting point from which you can build power simply by changing pulleys as and when you want to.

HTH,

Andy

You should listen to CaliSpecial...he is VERY experienced with the TVS and knows of what he speaks!
Old 7/23/11, 09:52 PM

Thanks for that information I adventually want to upgrade 600 hp but want to start out low and build up. I know then I should have a built rear end and forged motor idk what either really consist of due to me still being new with mustangs...if you have any input id like to hear it
Old 7/24/11, 11:05 AM

If you are aiming for 600 rwhp eventually then I would recommend you get the GT500 dual fuel pumps straight off the bat. No point in buying a BAP if you are going to outgrow it and have to replace it.

Certainly at that power level you will need a built bottom end. You will also need to address your clutch if you are manual, or your auto tranny if automatic. The rear end will probably be the last link in the chain after these items. If you stay below 500 rwhp then the stock items should hold up pretty well.

Once again though, I cannot over emphasise the importance of a good tune.

Andy
Old 7/24/11, 08:56 PM

What is meant by the forged rotating assembly?
Old 7/25/11, 05:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
It means replacing all the internals that won't hold up to the extra HP ...

http://www.steeda.com/store/eagle-re...d-mustang.html