22.09%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust Rating

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/07, 07:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blkstang06
I can't blame you Steel! ....I'm stuck between O/R H pipe or O/R pro chambers............. Hey Steel! look at the GTA's tale pipe! notice the the bevel of it in this photo! you wont see that on those Flows!............
Those tips do look good Scott
Old 2/14/07, 10:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I originally went with the flows and the sound was great. Then I put on a catted x-pipe, and the sound was cool at first. But I am now looking for something different. Flow + x-pipe =
Old 2/15/07, 12:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by freebass55
I originally went with the flows and the sound was great. Then I put on a catted x-pipe, and the sound was cool at first. But I am now looking for something different. Flow + x-pipe =
What are you saying...the X made them sound bad? Bad how? Please explain. Thanks.
Old 2/15/07, 01:03 PM
Cobra Member

It lost the classic low grumble that you get with flows. I loved the sound with the stock pipes. My exhaust has a higher pitch to it now, and I think that would pertain to all x-pipes with flows.
Sound is all opinion. If you like the low sound with just the flows, the x-pipe will not help. The h-pipe would be a lot better for the lower tone.
Again, sound is all based on opinion. My suggestion is to hear a setup in person.
Old 2/15/07, 01:07 PM
GT Member

And I know of few S197 owners that ran flows with Off road X pipes that have blown out the baffles so all you get is a loud rattle out of the flows..

The 3v likes a straight thru muffler for off road x pipes...
Old 2/15/07, 01:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by freebass55
It lost the classic low grumble that you get with flows. I loved the sound with the stock pipes. My exhaust has a higher pitch to it now, and I think that would pertain to all x-pipes with flows.
Sound is all opinion. If you like the low sound with just the flows, the x-pipe will not help. The h-pipe would be a lot better for the lower tone.
Again, sound is all based on opinion. My suggestion is to hear a setup in person.
Thanks... I've heard that before.
Old 2/16/07, 06:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I removed my Stingers and re-installed Flowmasters tonight. I left one Stinger on with one Flow and started the car. Believe it or not, there was no dramatic difference. The Stingers are a little deeper, but I think that the Flows have a better tone. The actual volume was similar. When I first removed the Flows and installed the Stingers I was excepting a big difference and was somewhat disappointed that the Stingers were not lounder... I thought it was my imagination, but when I installed the Flows tonight, it re-confirmed my belief. IMO, the Stingers look a lot better, but they don't sound a lot better.
Old 2/18/07, 05:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the Stainless works system in my car. 1 3/4 long tube headers and 3" exhaust. It is baddddddazzzzzz
Old 2/18/07, 08:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Interesting: Stingers 24, Flows 21. Actually it should be 23/22 as I voted for the Stingers and now have the Flows. I'm pleasantly surprised of the popularity of the Flows.
Old 2/18/07, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

I am suprised the Bassani's are not doing as well. I just picked up some used ones but haven't installed them yet. It's so hard to find a decent clip of them with just the stock H pipe. I'll post a video on here as soon as I install them.
Old 2/22/07, 05:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
I am suprised the Bassani's are not doing as well. I just picked up some used ones but haven't installed them yet. It's so hard to find a decent clip of them with just the stock H pipe. I'll post a video on here as soon as I install them.
Bassanis definitely make good axleback exhausts. Some claimed that they drone. What's you take?
Old 2/22/07, 06:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
I don't know if I'd go that far... They are definitely deep and loud. I'm still pursuing the perfect sound, and to me, they're not perfect. I guess my next decision will probably be which O/R X or H to get
I have the FRPP (aka Borla) stingers with an O/R H and it sounds awful. Almost a cross between a Harley, a riding lawnmower and thos awful diesel trucks. I am switching my mufflers out for Flow's. I have heard soundclips of Flow's w/ an O/R H, and I think it sounds awesome. So, as soon as I get the Flow's on my car and the Stingers off, they will be up for sale. My Borla's have less than 500 miles on them. I also had the Corsa's with the H pipe before my Stingers and thought they sounded awful too, not as bad as the Stingers though. I have heard that the Stingers sound best with an X pipe. Just my .02!!
Old 2/22/07, 09:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Bassanis definitely make good axleback exhausts. Some claimed that they drone. What's you take?
Steel, I ran a set of B's they were my first set of after market axlebacks! The craftsmanship is impressive and as you will find out they sound good! but they drone, I do feel they were better than the SLP's I replaced them with! I hope they work for you! ..........Good Luck!
Old 2/22/07, 09:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just put a set of Bassani's on mine with stock everything else. They sound GREAT!! They do drone a little at certain rpm's if you are giving it some gas, but not obnoxious. I actually wouldn't describe it as a drone, but more like an annoying resonance. VERY DEEP sound, louder than stock, but not too loud. Sounds like a MUSCLECAR NOW!! As soon as I can steal my parents video camera I'll post some video!
Old 2/23/07, 09:05 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

I guess I'm in the minority with my JBA's. I honestly love them and get nothing but compliements from people, even the guys over at Steeda

Loud enough to be loud without being embarassing, really opens up when you step on it and no noticeable drone for me, and I'm super sensitive to noises/rattles etc. Sounds like a muscle car wiht some good growl.

Good luck with your new set up.

Kristina
Old 2/23/07, 11:55 AM
GT Member

MAC's all the way - Smack Dat!!!
Old 2/23/07, 12:45 PM

" I love the sound of GTA's in the morning."
Attached Images  
Old 2/23/07, 04:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Steel, I ran a set of B's they were my first set of after market axlebacks! The craftsmanship is impressive and as you will find out they sound good! but they drone, I do feel they were better than the SLP's I replaced them with! I hope they work for you! ..........Good Luck!
I actually went back to Flows, but thanks
Old 2/23/07, 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I love my Flowmaster AT!
Old 2/23/07, 04:45 PM
Cobra R Member

I had the bassani set up all the way back, compcats, xpipe, and axlebacks, it was badass, but just too much for me with drone. I then went with ford racing/borla set up just axlebacks, awesome as well just too much drone. I now have the supremes which are supposed to be the same as the shelby GTH. They sound just a hair louder than stock have the nice 4" tips and no drone. So I am probably going to stay with these. If I did it over again I would probably try bassani compcats, leave the factory h, and there axlebacks. the xpipe made more of a higher pitch raspiness than the h's tend too. So if you want a kickass set up, I would try that first. If it is too loud, and drones for you, then I would say the only choice for no drone, and nice tips a little louder than stock you would have to go with the supremes. Good luck too all

Quick Reply: Exhaust Rating