Flowmaster
22.09%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust Rating

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/07, 11:52 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I vote for ZOOMERS.. Much better then the Borla Stingers and Less drone then the Corsas. Plus the tips are the best I have seen on the GT/CS rear bumoer
Old 2/12/07, 12:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love my Hookers
Old 2/12/07, 04:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vsop
I vote for ZOOMERS.. Much better then the Borla Stingers and Less drone then the Corsas. Plus the tips are the best I have seen on the GT/CS rear bumoer
A friend of mine had a set of Zoomers on his vett. They did sound good... Can you please elaborate on you comment, "much better then the Borla Stingers and less drone than the Corsas"? Better how? Louder than the Stingers, deeper than the Stingers, etc? From what I've read the Corsas have no drone, so how can you have less drone than no drone ? What was the cost? I would really like a better evaluation as I am interested... Thanks.
Old 2/12/07, 04:10 PM
GT Member

Corsas still have a drone with an O/R X-pipe.. I have driven in a car with that setup and it still drones around 1700-2200 rpms. The zoomers have even less.

The Zoomers are also much deeper the the stingers yet while just at part throttle they are fairly tame, once you step on the gas the wake up and SCREAM..

I got my set direct from them for $599.. They retail I think at 7 or 8 hundred dollars
Old 2/12/07, 04:35 PM
Cobra Member

wow so overal would you say the are louder than the Stingers at idle and WOT?

I've never heard of zoomers...
Old 2/12/07, 04:42 PM
Cobra R Member

I vote Corsa's. No drone, great looking 4" tips, and a sound that sounds AWESOME. It's just like their motto says: Quiet when it needs to be, Loud when you want it to be.

It is honestly quieter than stock when cruising. But, punch the throttle, and all you hear is that sweet sound (wait, that's flowmaster's motto)
Old 2/12/07, 04:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Here are links for the Zoomers with a "write-up" and sound clips: http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/vehicle_ford_gt.asp and http://www.modularfords.com/articles...Exhaust/1.html I would love to hear these things in person.
Old 2/12/07, 05:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
wow so overal would you say the are louder than the Stingers at idle and WOT?

I've never heard of zoomers...

At WOT they are louder and deeper at Idlea they & cruising they are like stock level but deeper. Before the LTs and O/R X pipe they were silent when just driving normaly but when you stomped on the gas they really woke up..
Old 2/12/07, 05:21 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Borla Stingers!!!
Old 2/12/07, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Here are links for the Zoomers with a "write-up" and sound clips: http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/vehicle_ford_gt.asp and http://www.modularfords.com/articles...Exhaust/1.html I would love to hear these things in person.
Steel.. knowing you are looking for "more volume... less drone", based on the write-up you reference, doesn't look like the Zoomers will get it done for you...
"..........If you are looking for the louder Flowmaster type sounding mufflers, I wouldn’t recommend Zoomers to you, but I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a high quality product, and a tasteful sounding Mustang with a hint of muscle at higher RPM’s...."

The Zoomer axle-back reviewer feels the Flows are louder (and I think you sold your flows because you wanted more volume). Keep up the quest to find "more volume.. less drone" in an axle-back only (stock H/Cat) configuration.. Understand your plight completely
Old 2/12/07, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

GTA, best for sound, fit, PRICE and 50 state legal !

JBA's sound great, just drone like crazy on a auto car.
Old 2/12/07, 08:11 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MARZ
Borla Stingers!!!

borla= amazing
Old 2/13/07, 02:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
borla= amazing
I don't know if I'd go that far... They are definitely deep and loud. I'm still pursuing the perfect sound, and to me, they're not perfect. I guess my next decision will probably be which O/R X or H to get
Old 2/13/07, 02:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Regarding the Corsas and drone, in all my exhaust trials the Corsas had NO DRONE with any of the following combos.
  • factory H pipe
  • Pypes offroad H pipe
  • Bassani catted X
  • Bassani offroad X
I find it hard to believe that they had any drone at all......... now they did have very slight trumpeting with both the offroad H and X, but only when doggin' the engine like driving it a gear too high.

I have not heard the Zoomers in person, but just like any other exhaust combo I've read both good and bad reviews. Exhaust is the most subjective mod out there, for sure.
Old 2/13/07, 02:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Regarding the Corsas and drone, in all my exhaust trials the Corsas had NO DRONE with any of the following combos.
  • factory H pipe
  • Pypes offroad H pipe
  • Bassani catted X
  • Bassani offroad X
I find it hard to believe that they had any drone at all......... now they did have very slight trumpeting with both the offroad H and X, but only when doggin' the engine like driving it a gear too high.

I have not heard the Zoomers in person, but just like any other exhaust combo I've read both good and bad reviews. Exhaust is the most subjective mod out there, for sure.
I agree with you 100% Tom with regards to exhaust being the most subjective mod out there...
Old 2/14/07, 03:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I hear that GTAs are too quiet. I think that I'm going back to Flows as there appears to be no other option for loudness without drone
Old 2/14/07, 07:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Oh well, I decided to sell my Stingers and re-purchase Flowmasters. I have to say that I loved the sound of the Flows. The only negative was the lack of volume. I'll probably fix "that" with an O/R H or X. The Stingers sounded awesome, but I definitely did not like the drone. Some say Flows drone...lol, well in comparison with the Stingers, trust me... there is no drone to speak of... It came down to the unknown GTAs, or the known Flows... I elected to go with the familiar Flowmasters. I just love crawling under the car...lol. Third time is a charm. Thanks for everyone's input
Old 2/14/07, 07:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Throw an offroad H in there with your Flows and call it quits........
Old 2/14/07, 07:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Oh well, I decided to sell my Stingers and re-purchase Flowmasters. I have to say that I loved the sound of the Flows. The only negative was the lack of volume. I'll probably fix "that" with an O/R H or X. The Stingers sounded awesome, but I definitely did not like the drone. Some say Flows drone...lol, well in comparison with the Stingers, trust me... there is no drone to speak of... It came down to the unknown GTAs, or the known Flows... I elected to go with the familiar Flowmasters. I just love crawling under the car...lol. Third time is a charm. Thanks for everyone's input
I can't blame you Steel! ....I'm stuck between O/R H pipe or O/R pro chambers............. Hey Steel! look at the GTA's tail pipe! notice the the bevel of it in this photo! you wont see that on those Flows!............
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Rating-mvc-028s.jpg  
Old 2/14/07, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Have you seen the Pypes Mid Muffler system? I think I'm going to try that out but im going to hang onto my flows just incase it dont work out

Quick Reply: Exhaust Rating