22.09%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust Rating

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/07, 06:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exhaust Rating

I am starting this poll of the top ten axle-backs to see what everybody likes. I had Flowmasters ATs and switched to FRPP/Stingers. I am still not 100% happy. I want "good" loud, stainless steel, 4" tips, with minimal drone. I don't want to modify or eliminate the cats. This thread is for axle-backs only. Thanks
Old 2/10/07, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't see the poll but for this old guy the GTA mufflers work great!
Old 2/10/07, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
put my vote in on the SLPs
Old 2/10/07, 08:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
If I could vote twice, I would...... you know my story already, I would vote both Borla and Corsa. I've also had Bassani, and I've spent alot of time with a car that has Flows. I guess ultimately my favorite has been the Borlas, that's what I ended up keeping. But I haven't ran them with the factory H, I've only ran them either offroad or with the Bassani catted X.
Old 2/10/07, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Pypes Violators!! Absoloutely the best sounding exhaust I have ever had on my car. Minimal drone, zero raspiness, and boy do they sound nasty There is no possible way I would change them. I've had SLPs, Bassanis, MAC, and had zero desire to try anything else after I put the Violators on.
Old 2/10/07, 09:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Mydnyghte
Pypes Violators!! Absoloutely the best sounding exhaust I have ever had on my car. Minimal drone, zero raspiness, and boy do they sound nasty There is no possible way I would change them. I've had SLPs, Bassanis, MAC, and had zero desire to try anything else after I put the Violators on.
What is your current set-up, Pypes Violators/catless Bassani X/Hooker LTs? If so, have you heard the Pypes without the BassaniX and LTs?
Old 2/10/07, 09:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Steeltown, that is my current setup, but no I have not heard them on anything else. Ironically enough, I have only seen one other guy on this forum that also has the Violators, and I believe he was stock from the mufflers forward. Don't remember who it was though......
Old 2/10/07, 10:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i have Coffins at the moment and i will have DynoMax bullitts later so sorry dude
Old 2/10/07, 11:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am very happy with the FRPP GTA mufflers, the big ole 4 incher tips even grew on me!!
Old 2/11/07, 12:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Flowmaster ATs. Awesome sound @ WOT. Sometimes wish they had more volume at lower RPMs. All and all, I get quite a few at intersections. In CA, we have to leave the CATs on (or face stiff fines). For those of you with the FRPP Stinger axle-backs, is there much volume difference between the Stingers and Flows... running with cats and stock H-pipe?
Old 2/11/07, 12:54 AM
GT Member

I'm happy with my current setup (all the mods in my signature are installed now). There is no drone and it sounds incredible when I open it up. I'm not sure if it's the exhaust that's making this great sound or the combination of the FRPP shorty headers/FRPP X-pipe/FRPP CAI all working in unison. I suppose I should have had it installed one part at a time...but I couldn't wait.

~Ray
Old 2/11/07, 01:25 AM
Cobra Member

hey steeltown if you wanna sell those stingers let me know!
Old 2/11/07, 04:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Steel,
You know I ran the Borla's for over a year. Got very tired of the drone they produced. But I still think they are the best sounding from outside the car. I saw in another thread that someone told you that the drone with your stingers will get better with time. Ain't true. I have very happy with the GTA's. They may not be wild enough for you but your head will stop buzzing.
Scott
Old 2/11/07, 05:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by DoctorQ
Flowmaster ATs. Awesome sound @ WOT. Sometimes wish they had more volume at lower RPMs. All and all, I get quite a few at intersections. In CA, we have to leave the CATs on (or face stiff fines). For those of you with the FRPP Stinger axle-backs, is there much volume difference between the Stingers and Flows... running with cats and stock H-pipe?
There is definitely more volume with the Stingers, but with a price- increased DRONE. I've commented all over this forum, if you could increase the volume of the Flows, without removing the cats, they'd be perfect!
Old 2/11/07, 05:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
hey steeltown if you wanna sell those stingers let me know!
Stay tuned... lol. I've only got a little over 100 miles on them. I'll give them a little more time.
Old 2/11/07, 07:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm running GTA's, they replaced my SLP's that replaced my Bassani's. I personally thought the SLP's had less drone than the Bassani's. The B's sounded good! but the drone . I don't like to yell! to have a conversation in any vehicle!...The SLP's I thought sounded like **** from day one! although many who listen to them liked the sound! GTA's have no drone and a decent sound note! but still not enough volume at warm idle or low acceleration for me personally! Ive come to the conclusion that the sound many of us are looking for with minimal drone can't be achieve with axlebacks alone! So I am now entering my next phase of the sound quest! Steeda T304 SS polished shorty headers and to TBA yet! a high flow cat-H pipe! or Pro-Chamber! So good luck Steel!...but I think when the weather breaks and you start logging some serious seat time in your Stang those stingers are going to drive you crazier than you already are !
Old 2/11/07, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Steel,
You know I ran the Borla's for over a year. Got very tired of the drone they produced. But I still think they are the best sounding from outside the car. I saw in another thread that someone told you that the drone with your stingers will get better with time. Ain't true. I have very happy with the GTA's. They may not be wild enough for you but your head will stop buzzing.
Scott
That's what I'm afraid of... not getting better...

For once, I have to agree with my pal STD. I don't believe that I'll be able to achieve the sound I want with just axle-backs
Old 2/11/07, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
There's no option for stock! I really like the stock mufflers on the manual GT!
Old 2/11/07, 08:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Interesting thus far... Stingers are leading with GTA, and Flowmaster respectively. Which are louder: GTA or Flows? I've read that GTAs are very similar to stock. I know what Flows sound like... slightly louder than stock. What size tips are on the GTAs- 3" or 4"? Thanks.
Old 2/11/07, 09:25 AM
V6 Member

GTA tips are 4". For sound, the GTAs are slightly louder than stock, with loud roar on WOT and nice bark on decel.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Rating