GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Eibach Springs vs FRPP Handling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/06, 09:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eibach Springs vs FRPP Handling Kit

I have an opportunity to get the FRPP handling kit for my car, ya gotta love consulting work, and had planned on just the springs. Should I go for the springs only or get the FRPP kit ? Is the benefits of the kit worth the money or will I get close to the same benefits from just adding the springs ?
Old 10/22/06, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you doing this for? Track running or just for looks? The resulting ride quality and what you are using the car for may be wise to cinsider.
Old 10/22/06, 12:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

I should have stated it in my original post...

My thinking is this.
I love how the car handles now. If it handled better then I'd be very happy. Many people post that struts should be purchased with springs. The Kit does this and a little more... if the suspension is being taken apart might as well do the kit right ?

Looks are important but not as much as performance. If the FRPP is kidney crushing harsh, I'd have to seriously consider just springs.

If the springs help the performance and I won't blow out the OEM struts, then maybe springs are the way to go.

I just don't know not having driven a car with either what the benefits are of one over the other ...
Old 10/22/06, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

In my opinon any noticable increase in performance is going to be offset be a decrease in ride quality. If you go just springs the center of gravity will be lowered and give you some better handling performance and your ride quality should not suffer much. I was looking at the handling pack but was scared off by peoples talk of ride harshness since I dont drive to the performance limit anyway. I am starting with just springs, getting the car back tomorrow and can provide some feedback then.
Old 10/22/06, 04:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

I will be extremely interested with what you think of it.

Of course if I just get the springs then C&L and Dougs tunes perhaps underdrive pullies would be the ticket for me.
Old 10/22/06, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

i went with steeda ultralights & tokico d-specs, i have had them in since friday. i am very happy so far. i have driven the car a lot this weekend & the ride is much improved over stock. i highly recomend this set-up