GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

EBC Super Groove + Red Stuff - BRAKE DUST Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/08, 12:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBC Super Groove + Red Stuff - BRAKE DUST Problem.

Need guys your advise about front brakes. Because the OEM front brakes were not sufficient I bought, to fit OEM specification - size, EBC Super Groove Discs and Ceramic EBC Red Stuff Pads. I also changed Brake Fluid for high Temperature Castrol RSF racing one.
And now it is a small problem - I am really happy because of much better braking – really good but I am very unhappy from the amount of gray brake dust is coming on my wheels – After 45 miles of driving my Front wheels are quite dusty – I would say it is 3 times or even 4 times more dusty then with the OEM set. Of course I do not want to back to the OEM brakes as braking is key but can you guys recommend some other brake pads that will work fine with EBC Super Groove Discs and will give less dust – like when the OEM set was installed.

Do you have any ideas which one I should go?

Last edited by seabiscuit; 3/12/08 at 12:43 AM.
Old 3/12/08, 11:45 AM
GT Member

I had EBC slotted and drilled rotors on my Contour SVT with EBC Greenstuff pads. They produced much less dust than the stock brakes. I was very impressed with their stopping power.

You may want to try the Greenstuff pads.

Martin
Old 3/12/08, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mhconley
I had EBC slotted and drilled rotors on my Contour SVT with EBC Greenstuff pads. They produced much less dust than the stock brakes. I was very impressed with their stopping power.

You may want to try the Greenstuff pads.

Martin
I was thinking green one are more mild so they should give more dust then the harder ceramic red stuff. Need to speak with EBC supplier about that.

Any other ideas?
Old 3/12/08, 05:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look into the Aekebono Ceramics. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about them. I actually have a set sitting int he garage waiting to go on.
Old 4/2/08, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Look into the Aekebono Ceramics. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about them. I actually have a set sitting int he garage waiting to go on.
What part number for Mustang GT they have got?
AKEBONO Part # ACT1081 ???

Any one proposing other pads for slotted rotors with good performance and low dust?
Old 4/2/08, 03:44 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is strange. I have the EBC Redstuff pads and EBC slotted and dimpled rotors front and back on my 06 GT and I have next to no brake dust. My complaints are they're noisy and the rotors are worn down because the Redstuff pads are ceramic.
Attached Thumbnails EBC Super Groove + Red Stuff - BRAKE DUST Problem.-p191s.jpg  

Last edited by NJ3; 4/2/08 at 03:47 PM.
Old 4/2/08, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NJ3
That is strange. I have the EBC Redstuff pads and EBC slotted and dimpled rotors front and back on my 06 GT and I have next to no brake dust. My complaints are they're noisy and the rotors are worn down because the Redstuff pads are ceramic.
That’s strange to me too. I have front only - they are definitely not noisy but after driving 100miles the front oem 17 wheels are gray outside from dust like hell. I am not driving highway so there is quite a lot of braking. It looks for me that the Red stuff I have got are to soft, wired.

Last edited by seabiscuit; 4/2/08 at 11:57 PM.
Old 4/3/08, 12:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you think the Redstuff is bad, don't try the Yellowstuff!

Have to clean the wheels at least once for every week of normal driving, and also after every track day. Dust is a side effect that I'm willing to live with for the amount of stopping power that these pads generate, though.

As far as I know, the Greenstuff is their only low-dust pad, but it's OEM-replacement as far as stopping power.
Old 4/3/08, 08:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by seabiscuit
What part number for Mustang GT they have got?
AKEBONO Part # ACT1081 ???

Any one proposing other pads for slotted rotors with good performance and low dust?

Not sure of the part number if you go to Rockauto.com they sell them.
Old 4/3/08, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Not sure of the part number if you go to Rockauto.com they sell them.
Ok, that was taken from Rockauto.com. I think I will try them next run. Red stuff will finish soon if they are such soft. By the way I will post some picture tomorrow showing you a wheel after 100miles I even got now dust dots on rim - that’s amazing.

Last edited by seabiscuit; 4/3/08 at 03:44 PM.
Old 4/6/08, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally picture of front wheel with RedStuff after 100miles on normal roads not highway driving. For me that Ceramic Red Stuff is one big soft **** with that amount of dust.

Last edited by seabiscuit; 4/6/08 at 03:28 PM.