GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Driveshafts

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/07, 06:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
By the way Ken, you owe me a raincheck on this price, right?

How 'bout a clutch/flywheel/driveshaft combo price this spring.
I'll see what I can do, hit me up when you are ready.

Ken
Old 12/1/07, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Ken,
I hope you have a good supply of Spydershafts. At the price you are selling them at they will go quick. I ordered mine about an hour before seeing your price. Great deal!
Scott
Old 12/1/07, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Ken,
I hope you have a good supply of Spydershafts. At the price you are selling them at they will go quick. I ordered mine about an hour before seeing your price. Great deal!
Scott
Haven't sold any online yet! I was kinda suprised when sook said he ordered one and it wasn't from us. I'm not really pushing it at that price though, that's VERY cheap as you can tell. I just want the word around that we are now carrying the spyder shafts. I'll probably have that price through the end of the year.
Old 12/1/07, 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a deal!! If only the funds allowed....
Old 12/1/07, 11:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by KenB
Haven't sold any online yet! I was kinda suprised when sook said he ordered one and it wasn't from us. I'm not really pushing it at that price though, that's VERY cheap as you can tell. I just want the word around that we are now carrying the spyder shafts. I'll probably have that price through the end of the year.

Don't worry Ken. We will put the word out. It won't take long. You have me hoping the place I ordered mine from tells me they are out of stock on Monday so I can cancel and order one from you guys.
Scott
Old 12/1/07, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by KenB

Sorry I wasn't being very clear. I ordered from sutton HP. I didn't read the whole thread through. As soon as I saw spyders link in post #28, I clicked on it. Impulse took over and I just ordered it... then I saw your pricing. I was going to cancel the Sutton HP one and go with you Ken, then I went all the way through and saw shipping was $26 to my door. So I would only save about ten bucks over Sutton. Sorry dude. This will teach me to always read the whole thread and not get distracted by those shiny hyperlinks.
Old 12/1/07, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sook
Sorry I wasn't being very clear. I ordered from sutton HP. I didn't read the whole thread through. As soon as I saw spyders link in post #28, I clicked on it. Impulse took over and I just ordered it... then I saw your pricing. I was going to cancel the Sutton HP one and go with you Ken, then I went all the way through and saw shipping was $26 to my door. So I would only save about ten bucks over Sutton. Sorry dude. This will teach me to always read the whole thread and not get distracted by those shiny hyperlinks.
Oh, no biggie. I guess shipping is a ***** for you guys ordering from us Midwest guys. Since we charge actual shipping, closer guys will get the shipping cheaper of course. Just give us a look next time you need something.

Ken
Old 12/1/07, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by B3 Autosports
What is out there right now for GT Driveshafts? Companies...etc.
Take a look at the driveshafts that we have to offer at :
www.shaftmasters.com
We offer different options depending on if you want to tackle changing the pinion flange or not. We have sold many shafts with the adapter plate and have yet to receive a complaint of any vibration. We also offer a heavy-duty 3.5 inch diameter .125 wall tube version.
Old 12/1/07, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sook
Just ordered my spydershaft. Its going to be a great christmas.

Spyder, you make us autos proud.
thanks. I'm trying. Now I'm going to focus on trying to run some 10's n/a of course i'll have to build another engine to do it but it should be streetable and with a hit of sauce on top of that who knows how quick i can go.

if TCI or PI can make me a really high stall converter and/or a transbrake i could probably run mid 11's with my current combo.
Old 12/4/07, 11:34 AM
Banned

Hello Forum Members,

We are a new “Authorized Advertiser†on The Mustang Source Forums with over 40 years experience in driveshaft manufacturing and repair.

Shaftmasters Inc. manufactures 3.5†and 4†diameter single piece internal slip style aluminum driveshafts for 2005+ Mustangs. These shafts features the following:
  • 3.5†shaft features Heavy Duty .125 wall 6061-T6 aluminum tubing
  • 1330 Series “Spicer Life†solid non-greasable universal joints
  • Rated to 9800 RPM ½ critical speed and 5000 ft-lb of torsional yield
  • 3â€-23 spline slip with almost 4†of spline engagement
  • V6 aluminum shaft weighs 17lbs. V8 aluminum shaft w/adapter plate weighs 18.5lbs.
  • V8 shafts are available with either an adapter plate or a replacement pinion flange
  • Internal sound deadener
We would like to let members know that out of all the Mustang replacement shafts we have sold we have not had a single complaint. We have not experienced UPS somehow damaging them in shipping and causing vibration. We have not had our adapter plate need to be rotated after installation in order to eliminate vibration. We have not had to suggest that our customers adjust their pinion angle in order to eliminate vibrations. What we have experienced are satisfied customers who say their vehicles are much smoother on acceleration and seem to “ramp-up†quicker.

Customer reviews of our shafts can be found at the following links:
3.5†Diameter:
http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=13602&highlight=shaftmasters

4†Diameter:
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_4086511/tm.htm
http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=13018

It has been our experience that an aluminum driveshaft with quality non-greasable universal joints will consistently balance better and run smoother than a steel driveshaft at the higher RPM’s produced by today’s overdrive transmissions.

All of our Mustang replacement shafts feature Free UPS Ground shipping to the continental US and are available at the following link:
http://www.shaftmasters.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17&zenid=184123b6b 394001a1cc9a52f235ac79e

Or you can call us at 1-866-912-2004 to order.

Thanks, David
Old 12/4/07, 04:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What is the average install price on a driveshaft?
Old 12/4/07, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
What is the average install price on a driveshaft?

Hey Adam,
Depending on your area of the country I would say 1 hr. labor for someone with a lift. $60 - $90 bucks for an hours labor. It is not a tough install!
Scott
Old 12/5/07, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Seems Steeda has an aluminum shaft as well:

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...riveshafts.php
Old 12/5/07, 12:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Still 6lbs heavier and more expensive than the Spyder.
Old 12/6/07, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

There is also DynoTech
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/driveshaft.html
http://www.blowbyracing.com/ also sells them.

http://www.dynotechengineering.com/ Computer laser welded...supplier to SCCA, NASCAR and others.
Randy there said they retail for $745
3.5" Diameter 6061 T6 High Performance Lightweight Aluminum Driveshaft from Dynotech

Performance driveshaft with new front yoke and rear flange.
The larger diameter 4" 6061 T6 shaft is nearly as strong as the old 3.5" Metal Matrix Composite (MMC) material. This shaft will allow one to safely run lower (higher numerical) rear gears without driveline vibration issues and is able to withstand significant punishment at the drag strip.
- Drive shafts are balanced at a minimum of 6000 RPM
- Drive shafts are balanced to under .25 oz - inches
- Drive shaft run outs are to be with in .015
- U Joint clearances are to be .002 0r less
- Balance weights are fused welded to shaft tube
- Drive shafts are rebalanced after welding
- Drive shafts are manufactured with Dana Spicer parts
Old 12/6/07, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Jager
There is also DynoTech:

http://supercoupeperformance.com/par...spx?partId=463 $360 3.5" not recommended for 3:73 or 4:10
http://supercoupeperformance.com/par...spx?partId=529 $449 4.0"

computer laser welded...supplier to SCCA, NASCAR and others. (No connection with seller).
I guess those would work if we were driving Mark VIIIs. Or are they listed somewhere else on the site. I couldn't find it.
Old 12/6/07, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

STEEDA sells a very good product. I think you guys would be very happy with their unit also.
Old 12/7/07, 09:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Why would someone go with the 4" vs. the 3.5" ? On the surface, the 3.5" sounds better - lighter, spins up quicker due to less circumference, etc.

Is it safe to assume that the 4" is stronger?

What would be the best choice for a daily driven SC car that will take an occasional trip to the strip?
Old 12/7/07, 12:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Adam,
Depending on your area of the country I would say 1 hr. labor for someone with a lift. $60 - $90 bucks for an hours labor. It is not a tough install!
Scott
Thanks Scott, don't think i'll be going this route now
Old 12/8/07, 10:27 AM
GT Member

Just thought I'd update. My spydershaft is half installed. Which is to say that my old driveshaft and pinon flange are out. I unexpectedly had friday off and saw that my new shaft was "out for delievery" so I decided to get a head start. I never got the shaft and the delivery has been rescheduled to monday for some reason. So currently my car is shaftless for the weekend. My inpatience pays off again

Quick Reply: Driveshafts