GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Done: SOS, Autometer, and Raptor instruments

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/07, 11:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Done: SOS, Autometer, and Raptor instruments

Ok well since I posted last month about what mod to do next, and most of you pointed me in the direction that I wanted to go anyway (read: BLOWER!), I decided that I'd take advantage of some opportunities that I found right here on the TMS classifieds.

For a grand total of less than $385, I bought a Speed of Sound pillar pod, Autometer Cobalt fuel pressure and boost gauges, and a Raptor shift light with red LED's. These are in anticipation of installing a blower this spring. I'm waiting on the fuel rail adaptor to arrive to make the fuel pressure gauge install complete, but otherwise after a couple hours in the garage this morning and a couple of beers for breakfast, I'm ready to go.

Video:

Pix:

I didn't take the additional time throughout the install to take photos, but if anyone needs help with wiring or install tips, just let me know.
Old 1/6/07, 11:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Those Cobalt guages look great. The color of blue is a perfect match with the dash lights on the IUP. So inquiring mine what to know. Have you settled on specfic brand on blower yet?
Scott
Old 1/6/07, 11:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Here are some links to the equipment:

http://speedofsoundllc.com/

http://raptorperformance.com/

http://autometer.com/

Thanks.
Old 1/6/07, 11:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Those Cobalt guages look great. The color of blue is a perfect match with the dash lights on the IUP. So inquiring mine what to know. Have you settled on specfic brand on blower yet?
Scott

Leaning hard towards the Paxton: affordable, big top-end power, and will work easily with my shaker kit.

Oh yeah, and Brenspeed sells and tunes them- only an hour from me.

By the way Scott, that video above is the Borlas with offroad H- you'll have yours done soon enough.
Old 1/6/07, 11:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Leaning hard towards the Paxton: affordable, big top-end power, and will work easily with my shaker kit.

Oh yeah, and Brenspeed sells and tunes them- only an hour from me.

By the way Scott, that video above is the Borlas with offroad H- you'll have yours done soon enough.

I'll only get it done if I get my butt out from behind the computer and get under the car!!! BTW, the Paxton is a good choice and it is smart to let Brent tune the car for you. Back to the garage!!!!
Scott
Old 1/6/07, 03:22 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good Tom. Why didn't you get an SOS pod with the Raptor Claw? It's a more discreet way of mounting the Raptor.

You may want to call Alan at SOS and see if he can send you one.

Check it out...

I'd also rotate the shift light 180* so you don't see the adjustment screws. Just an idea.

Those Cobalt gauges look killer!

Edit: I just saw that you bought these from another member. I'd still suggest giving Alan a call. He'd likely send you one out for a smokin deal.
Old 1/6/07, 03:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by S197 GT
Looks good Tom. Why didn't you get an SOS pod with the Raptor Claw? It's a more discreet way of mounting the Raptor.

You may want to call Alan at SOS and see if he can send you one.

Check it out...

I'd also rotate the shift light 180* so you don't see the adjustment screws. Just an idea.

Those Cobalt gauges look killer!

I bought all of the pieces used from various forum members; for my total investment, I'm happy. Thanks for the compliments!

EDIT: I just saw that you edited your post- LOL that's too funny man, now I should edit mine.
Old 1/6/07, 03:30 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Definitely! They look great man! I hope my post didn't come across as negative. You know I love your ride!

Congrats on taking the plunge! Now you have to get that blower! Brent's a really cool guy! I can't wait to see what he can do with the Paxton on your ride!
Old 1/6/07, 03:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You should throw the fuel pressure gauge up on ebay before the blower install and get a wideband. A wideband is the best monitoring tool you can have for forced induction, especially one that datalogs.
Old 1/6/07, 03:34 PM
Bullitt Member

i need help with my boost gage. Its not reading right. It will read up to 10psi when im half throttle.. and 5psi barely gving the gas. It seems as if the tube keeps getting pushed out of the connection in the engine bay and reads incorrectly because when i tighten it back up (push it in more) it reads correctly but when i floor it it goes back to the way it was afterwards as if the pressure is popping it back out. How did you install you tube???

oh btw good choice on the pod! Its the same one i have and the brand of gauges!
Old 1/6/07, 03:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by S197 GT
Definitely! They look great man! I hope my post didn't come across as negative. You know I love your ride!

Congrats on taking the plunge! Now you have to get that blower! Brent's a really cool guy! I can't wait to see what he can do with the Paxton on your ride!
I didn't take anything in a bad way bro! Brent has Paxtons pushing around 460/425 on cars with similar mods to what I have now...... should be pretty awesome. I really dig your ride too man.

Originally Posted by max2000jp
You should throw the fuel pressure gauge up on ebay before the blower install and get a wideband. A wideband is the best monitoring tool you can have for forced induction, especially one that datalogs.
I think that I may add a wideband and keep the fp gauge, just for extra protection. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mustang05
i need help with my boost gage. Its not reading right. It will read up to 10psi when im half throttle.. and 5psi barely gving the gas. It seems as if the tube keeps getting pushed out of the connection in the engine bay and reads incorrectly because when i tighten it back up (push it in more) it reads correctly but when i floor it it goes back to the way it was afterwards as if the pressure is popping it back out. How did you install you tube???

oh btw good choice on the pod! Its the same one i have and the brand of gauges!

I'm no expert and I don't know how your install is now, but this sounds like you just need a better connection. I used a "T" to tap into a vac line near the intake manifold; I may have to change this and tap somewhere else once I actually have a blower installed. If you used a T, either it's the wrong size for the hose that its tied in to or you could try some clamps around both sides of the T.
Old 1/6/07, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice Tom! Now you have the perfect excuse to get the Blower!!!
Old 1/6/07, 07:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey thanks man!

Yeah I know...... I'll look pretty stupid having boost and fuel gauges with no blower LOL!
Old 1/6/07, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

thanks for your input! I used a "T" but i dont know what size connections i used i had an assortment and just used what was tight....
Old 1/7/07, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great--every time I see the blue, I regret not getting IUP.

Another gauge to consider for forced induction is EGT, especially if you do extended high speed runs.
Old 1/7/07, 03:49 PM

How hard was the raptor shift lite to wire and hook up?
do you need any special tools or adapters?
Old 1/7/07, 07:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by wbarnes3
Nope, the Raptor installs easily. 3 wires- ground, ignition, and spark. If you go to their website, the instructions are right there.
Old 1/7/07, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Use a zip tie on the vacume lines on the "T" if the lines are popping off or coming loose...
Old 1/7/07, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wbarnes3

Did one today for a buddy of mine...

red- power (upper connector on brake pedal, red wire)

black - ground (bolt by one of the juntion boxes on left side by drivers foot)

green - white/red strip wire on the closest cylinders coil pack (color of wire varies depending on the coil wire you use, just dont use the red one)

piece of cake.
Old 1/7/07, 08:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Quick Reply: Done: SOS, Autometer, and Raptor instruments