GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Does anyone have an X pipe

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/06, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gibbo_UK
I've just listened to your header video m8 and OH MY GOD! That sounds truly awsome. How have you made the car sound like that?
That was the weekend we installed the LT headers. The video was just a road test of the open headers... no other exhaust piping attached to them at all. After that vid was made, I reattached everything else. I plan to be able to replicate that hellacious sound with the flick of a switch in the near future (i.e., electric cutouts).
Old 6/1/06, 09:43 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by don_w
That was the weekend we installed the LT headers. The video was just a road test of the open headers... no other exhaust piping attached to them at all. After that vid was made, I reattached everything else. I plan to be able to replicate that hellacious sound with the flick of a switch in the near future (i.e., electric cutouts).
****! That sounds awsome if someone brougth an exhaust kit out to sound like that bet it would sell real well.

Ah well I am getting tempted by the Bassani LT's and Mid-Pipes as ease of fitment and a good fit that don't require engine mounts is important to myself.
Old 6/1/06, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
****! That sounds awsome if someone brougth an exhaust kit out to sound like that bet it would sell real well.
It was 10x louder in person than it was on the video. You would be a serious target of law enforcement if you drove around like that everyday.
Old 6/1/06, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by don_w
It was 10x louder in person than it was on the video. You would be a serious target of law enforcement if you drove around like that everyday.
yes, indeed

there was no problems fitting the Bassini system with the car on the lift. Made it easy to align everything up so there was no hanging of the pipes under the car. No. messing with engine mounts. They were designed to be a direct factory replacement for the 05/06s.

The car ran fat from the factory, high air-fuel ratio. Even with the CAI. After installing the Bassini, she read right in the middle of the Factory recommended range for low end and high end AFR readings. The Diablo programmer, loaded by Ford, was used to measure it after the install. The car was ran for about 30 mins after and the readings taken again. They were the same and no adjustment was needed on her.

There was a noticeable increase in response in the mid and high performance ranges. As expected with the offroad exhaust. The stuff you need for the 1/4 mile. Especially with and Auto, as Don can explain much better than i can.

Also, some cars, even in the same year model, arrive from the Factory fatter than others. The leaner ones tend to be a bit sweeter. Meaning, a bit more responsive and slightly more hp. That is why a lot of testing you see in the media, the dyno charts are ranging from about 260 up to 275 stock on a 05/06 GT.
Old 6/1/06, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ah well I am getting tempted by the Bassani LT's and Mid-Pipes as ease of fitment and a good fit that don't require engine mounts is important to myself.
If ya get the system and leave the cats off, and the sound is like Don says, be easy on it around the Law.

Also, if your car has a Manual Transmission, it might get louder still.
Old 6/1/06, 12:09 PM
GT Member

Hi there

Are these the Bassani ones you have? :-
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...-shipping.html

It says you need to cut the stock pipes to fit did you have to do that?
Old 6/1/06, 12:48 PM

Someone did a test a while back and an x-pipe gave a gain of 2hp over an H-pipe. Go with whichever sound you like best.
Old 6/2/06, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Furinox
Someone did a test a while back and an x-pipe gave a gain of 2hp over an H-pipe. Go with whichever sound you like best.
+1

In the lethanperformance link above, the headers are a direct factory replacement as well - of course to work with the other Bassini exhaust components, it should all go together with no welding. With the Factory H-Pipe, install i have not delt with.
Old 8/17/06, 12:11 PM
Bullitt Member

how long is the install of the bassani LTs?