GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Do We Have Any Ford Technicians Here ?

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/05, 07:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do we have any members that are Ford Factory trained Technicians or maybe any members that knows one or has a reputable contact at a Ford Dealership ?

It sure would be nice to Know For Sure if there are Different Factory Tunes for the 05 GT's that have the HC Trap and the ones that Do Not have the HC Trap.

Also, is there any Known FACT that removing it could cause any damage - short or long term detrimental effects on engine life, etc.

Should a dyno tune be performed after removing the HC Trap (to ensure the air/fuel ratio's are within specs.

What is the optimal SAFE air/fuel ratio for the 05 GT engine?

I'm considering a CAI, maybe the K&N, but I'm extremely nervous about long term engine effects and warranty issues....

I want to stay with 87 - 89 octane fuel, with that said, where is the biggest bang for the buck ? K&N, Steeda, JLT, C&L or what ? I'm not necessarily concerned about having the largest HP gain, but some additional "seat of the pants" wow factor would be real nice.

Any info / comments / help will be appreciated !!!!!!
Old 6/7/05, 04:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have seen several folks on various forums who have dyno proof that the removal of the HC trap adds a couple hp. Theres is no way I wuld be worried about long term affects with some of the Stangs having them and some not. Not a technician so cant answer if there are diff tunes from Ford for with and without. You do NOT need to tune just for this mod. AS to CAI you can put one on and get a 87 tune. Jusst a little less hp gain.
Old 6/7/05, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Thunder Road@June 7, 2005, 4:51 PM
I have seen several folks on various forums who have dyno proof that the removal of the HC trap adds a couple hp. Theres is no way I wuld be worried about long term affects with some of the Stangs having them and some not. Not a technician so cant answer if there are diff tunes from Ford for with and without. You do NOT need to tune just for this mod. AS to CAI you can put one on and get a 87 tune. Jusst a little less hp gain.

Thanks for the input and information !!!

Anybody Else, I'm dying on the vine here....

THANKS !!!