GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Diablosport 91 Octan Performance Tune Installed

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/05, 05:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
true or false does diablosport onlly open the throttle 80% that sct can open throttle 100%
Old 3/28/05, 06:16 PM

I just want to throw this out there for you guys...A buddy of mine can probably solve a lot of these issues or answer these questions. His name is Oakes and has been updating the tunes for Diablo since day one. His number is 561-367-8534. He has an automatic himself and has been sending new tunes to Diablo for some time. Just thought he could help out here. I'm not affiliated or in business with him at all. I just know what he's been doing with Diablo and thought he could help.
Old 3/29/05, 06:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

still waiting for the updated tunes......grrrr.......
Old 3/29/05, 06:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm giving up on the Diablo and going with SCT. These are issues I've been talking about since I got my Predator and I'm fed up with it.

I found out LATE Friday night that the stock tune with changes doesn't work and had to reflash to the 87 octane tune to get my speedo to work right. This is after 4 hours of trying to tune the Predator on the dyno and getting only 4hp out of it. How ironic that the 87 tune works better than their "performance" tune. Tired of the run around, tired of the it'll be out this week, tired of the bs.

SCT here I come.
Chris
Old 3/29/05, 07:17 PM

I guarantee you the fella, Oakes, I mentioned above can solve your issues. I have no benefit from telling you this. I'm just trying to pass on good info. I have SCT, if that means anything.
Old 3/29/05, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
News!!
Just received an updated tune for my CALID. Too late to install tonight. Will try to sneak away from work tomorrow a bit early to install. Will keep everyone informed if this new tune resolves the low RPM throttle response problem and erratic idle with the 93 octane C&L CAI Custom Tune.
Old 3/30/05, 12:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

when are they going to release this on the website.

O(&^*^% &^%&%@# YT^@% #%@# :cry:
Old 3/30/05, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Todd-

Hook us up
Old 3/30/05, 05:08 PM

i have emailed Diablo everyday for the last week with no response. Sooner or later one of those techs are going to get tired of me emailing them and have to reply with something.... boy they stink on customer service.
I can get this kind of service anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!1111

:bang:
Old 3/30/05, 05:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have been checking diablosport.com on the hour every hour every day for the past 2 days. ugh.
Old 3/30/05, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have given DiabloSport the benefit of the doubt during this whole issue. My patience is wearing thin. Scott Beers has sent me 2 different files. After downloading each one, I connect my Predator to the vehicle and promptly get the following message "The base file used to make Custom Tunes does not match this vehicle." Needless to say I have not installed either tune into the vehicle. I sent Scott several emails but as of right now the problem is still unresolved. I think we all are very disgruntled with DiabloSport by now. Tomorrow I will call again and see if I can make any progress. Will keep everyone informed. Don't hold your breath.
Old 3/30/05, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I think everyone with a Diablo should give them a ring tomorrow. Maybe flooding the phones will get their attention. :bang:

Diablo normally is very responsive to their problems. Maybe this 2005 Mustang tune has got them stumped?

I'm sure they will resolve it in time (everything with the 05 is still so new).

One thing I'm starting to learn with this mustang is PATIENCE. :bang:

Jay
Old 3/30/05, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I e-mailed them over a week ago about the 93 octane tune, still no response at all and at least they could do is reply and explain. Their first impression is making a lasting impression and they are going to loose business.
Old 4/1/05, 02:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks like my problems have finally been resolved. I had several issues that were affecting performance. There are some issues with the DS Downloader program not saving the original backup file in the correct manner. I was unable to properly save my original backup tune on my PC, nor was I able to download the C&L Custom Tune properly. This prevented the Custom Tune from being downloaded correctly on the Predator. I have been dealing with Cole Stevens (561) 908-0040 with Diablo Sport as Scott Beers is unreachable by phone. Cole spent considerable time (over 2 hours) with me on the phone and finally resolved my problems. Ended up removing the DS Downloader and reinstalling - could be a newer version of DS Downloader. The original program may have been revised since it was originally released.

But none of that information is what you been waiting to hear. The test file Scott & Cole sent me resolved my poor throttle response at low RPM. The C&L Custom Tune will be on the Web Site any time now and I recommend anyone that doesn't have the new tune installed replace their original Custom Tune with the new tune.

Please keep in mind if anyone else is having extremely poor performance out of the 93 Octane C&L Custom Tune, the problem may not be with the tune itself but with DS Downloader. There may be a problem with the original backup file not being saved correctly on your PC. The Custom Tune must find the original backup tune to properly install the Custom Tune. It reads the original tune and makes only the changes required to that tune to create the Custom Tune. Therefore, the Custom Tune is a very small file. That was what was happening in my case. The Custom Tune couldn't find the original tune on my PC and wasn't properly formatted when installed on the Predator. I never really had the C&L Custom Tune properly installed on the Predator or the vehicle.

Cole also mentioned a r8 release revision out any day now.

PS: Has anyone else found, the Radio Shack USB to serial cable, screws are to short to connect to the Predator? The body of the Predator interferes with the serial cable connector. Prevents the screws from contacting the Predator connector.
Old 4/1/05, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

tmcolegr,
Thanks for the update I'll update mine as soon as the new version is available.

The Boss Hog
Old 4/1/05, 12:12 PM
Cobra R Member

I guess I have the revision.

My car works great. I have had it for some weeks now.
Old 4/1/05, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by tmcolegr@April 1, 2005, 3:57 AM
Looks like my problems have finally been resolved. I had several issues that were affecting performance. There are some issues with the DS Downloader program not saving the original backup file in the correct manner. I was unable to properly save my original backup tune on my PC, nor was I able to download the C&L Custom Tune properly. This prevented the Custom Tune from being downloaded correctly on the Predator. I have been dealing with Cole Stevens (561) 908-0040 with Diablo Sport as Scott Beers is unreachable by phone. Cole spent considerable time (over 2 hours) with me on the phone and finally resolved my problems. Ended up removing the DS Downloader and reinstalling - could be a newer version of DS Downloader. The original program may have been revised since it was originally released.

But none of that information is what you been waiting to hear. The test file Scott & Cole sent me resolved my poor throttle response at low RPM. The C&L Custom Tune will be on the Web Site any time now and I recommend anyone that doesn't have the new tune installed replace their original Custom Tune with the new tune.

Please keep in mind if anyone else is having extremely poor performance out of the 93 Octane C&L Custom Tune, the problem may not be with the tune itself but with DS Downloader. There may be a problem with the original backup file not being saved correctly on your PC. The Custom Tune must find the original backup tune to properly install the Custom Tune. It reads the original tune and makes only the changes required to that tune to create the Custom Tune. Therefore, the Custom Tune is a very small file. That was what was happening in my case. The Custom Tune couldn't find the original tune on my PC and wasn't properly formatted when installed on the Predator. I never really had the C&L Custom Tune properly installed on the Predator or the vehicle.

Cole also mentioned a r8 release revision out any day now.

PS: Has anyone else found the screws connecting the serial cable to the Predator are too short? The body of the Predator interferes with the serial cable connectors. Prevents the screws from contacting the Predator.
Hi,
I purchased the Radio Shack serial cable as mentioned in the Diablo literature, and found it fit pretty well. I think in general there might be some confusion regarding the different Predators out there and what tunes come pre-installed. In my case, I purchased both the C&L CAI and Predator from RPM Outlet as a package deal, and I assumed this meant that it had the C&L tune pre-installed on the Predator. I mistakingly installed the general Diablo "performance tune", which the consensus seems to be that it pretty much stinks. :notnice: Then I had my issues with transfering the C&L tune onto my Predator. Whew! Anyways, I can say that now with the C&L tune, while not perfect, it runs 100% better than the "performance tune". Thans for your help!
Somewhatdamaged