GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Diablo Predator New Revision

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/05, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
A new revision for the Diablo Predator - only those booting w/ the Diablo log has been posted online (r18). It states that is fixes the "global spark adder parameter". I did encounter a problem with the latest C&L tune posted and the r17 revision, so i'm gonna give it a shot with the r18 revision. Please post your results w/ this revision.

Thanks,
Somewhatdamaged
Old 4/22/05, 12:56 PM
FR500 Member

I'm layin low with updates to mine as my version r8 91 octane tune is rockin! I'll wait until it settles out a bit.

(No C&L for me either)
Old 4/22/05, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by somewhatdamaged@April 22, 2005, 2:11 PM
Hi all,
A new revision for the Diablo Predator - only those booting w/ the Diablo log has been posted online (r18). It states that is fixes the "global spark adder parameter". I did encounter a problem with the latest C&L tune posted and the r17 revision, so i'm gonna give it a shot with the r18 revision. Please post your results w/ this revision.

Thanks,
Somewhatdamaged

I'm underwhelmed with r17 and the latest 93 octane C&L tune. Someone help. What do I do now? Is this the sequence: restore the original backup to the car, update to r18 on predator, download the C&L tune into the predator again, download tune from Predator to car????
Old 4/22/05, 05:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe that is the correct procedure. I will ask tomorrow when I am at DiabloSport.
Old 4/22/05, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by jwgroovin+April 22, 2005, 5:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwgroovin @ April 22, 2005, 5:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-somewhatdamaged@April 22, 2005, 2:11 PM
Hi all,

Thanks,
Somewhatdamaged

I'm underwhelmed with r17 and the latest 93 octane C&L tune. Someone help. What do I do now? Is this the sequence: restore the original backup to the car, update to r18 on predator, download the C&L tune into the predator again, download tune from Predator to car????
[/b][/quote]

Hi John,
What particuarly is not working? I experienced major issues with that tune, using r17. I flashed back to stock, and then loaded the 91 octane tune I had installed before. That is the tune I recieved from Cole @ Diablo. That one works fine, but I am curious why the posted one didn't work right. :bang: Let us know how things go.
Damaged
Old 4/22/05, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hi John,
What particuarly is not working? I experienced major issues with that tune, using r17. I flashed back to stock, and then loaded the 91 octane tune I had installed before. That is the tune I recieved from Cole @ Diablo. That one works fine, but I am curious why the posted one didn't work right. :bang: Let us know how things go.
Damaged

Easy: I'm having trouble deciding whether the setup has given me anything! I'll admit the pull out of first seems a bit stronger, but second on up seem same old same old. I filled up with 13 gallons of premium fuel from Citgo, so maybe it's worth trying reflashing to factory tune, then try the C&L 91 Octane tune.

Frankly, if what I have today is the best that's available, then it's going back. The CAI we installed on my son's 2004 'Stang was like night and day...
Old 4/23/05, 04:28 AM

Originally posted by jwgroovin@April 22, 2005, 7:45 PM
Hi John,
Damaged

Easy: I'm having trouble deciding whether the setup has given me anything! I'll admit the pull out of first seems a bit stronger, but second on up seem same old same old. I filled up with 13 gallons of premium fuel from Citgo, so maybe it's worth trying reflashing to factory tune, then try the C&L 91 Octane tune.

Frankly, if what I have today is the best that's available, then it's going back. The CAI we installed on my son's 2004 'Stang was like night and day...

I'm running the r17 update with the 91 octane tune and it feels like a lot more torque.

I ran at the drag strip last night but there were major traction issues for everyone.
The temp was 40F and I was pretty much the fastest rwd there.

An 04 Cobra vert was running 14.1@105MPH which normally runs in the 12's@112
I ran a
13.822@103.558 with a 2.281 60FT and 9.063 1/8

To give you an idea last week I ran
13.638@104.473 with a 2.097 60ft and 8.857 1/8

btw my car has only 550 miles on it and C&L and predator are the only mods.
Old 4/23/05, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm running the r17 update with the 91 octane tune and it feels like a lot more torque.

I ran at the drag strip last night but there were major traction issues for everyone.
The temp was 40F and I was pretty much the fastest rwd there.

An 04 Cobra vert was running 14.1@105MPH which normally runs in the 12's@112
I ran a
13.822@103.558 with a 2.281 60FT and 9.063 1/8

To give you an idea last week I ran
13.638@104.473 with a 2.097 60ft and 8.857 1/8

btw my car has only 550 miles on it and C&L and predator are the only mods.
Really? I'm wondering if the 93 octane tune is the problem--that's the second positive reference to the 91 octane tune I've read. Alright, I'll reflash to original, then try the 91 tune this morning. I've got a 30 mile trip to take, and that should be telling. if that doesn't work well, I'll reflash, update to r18, readd the C&L tune, then update the car with the 93 tune again. I'm not going to the track tonight--we have a muscle car meet at a local Home Depot--but I think I'll blow $75 on Monday and have thing dyno-ed if the r18/C&L tune delivers anything better.
Old 4/23/05, 07:33 AM

A quick update:
I installed the r18 revision, and reloaded the newest posted tune from the Diablo website, adjusting for 91 octane. This tune took fine, and runs very well. Feels like it's got more pull than my last tune. Now, I need a dyno run bad, to see where i'm at, but i can say that it "feels" great! If I can help anyone out with their loading or which revision to use, let me know.

Thanks,
Somewhatdamaged
Old 4/23/05, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by somewhatdamaged@April 23, 2005, 9:36 AM
A quick update:
I installed the r18 revision, and reloaded the newest posted tune from the Diablo website, adjusting for 91 octane. This tune took fine, and runs very well. Feels like it's got more pull than my last tune. Now, I need a dyno run bad, to see where i'm at, but i can say that it "feels" great! If I can help anyone out with their loading or which revision to use, let me know.

Thanks,
Somewhatdamaged
OK, I reflashed with the original, updated the Predator with r18, installed the C&L MAF tune (for 93 octane), let the car warm up and....NOW we are getting somewhere. First to second was amazing (should have seen the heads turn at the gas station), second to third I almost lost control because the car scooted sideways to the right, third to fourth seemed tame though. Ran out of two-lane about then behind a pickup doing 50 in a 50. I'll know more when I get back to my work commute on Monday.

The car has only a slightly throatier burble, but I have the flowmaster american thunders arriving any day, which should improve that sound a bit more. I think the Steeda cowl hood might provide some more airflow under the hood, and look cool too.

I've never had a *modern* (I owned a lot of Mopars and Camaros in the 70s) vehicle with 265+ rwhp, so the 20 new horses or so isn't as noticable as say on my son' previous generation mustang with CAI. I'll get it dynoed next week and see what's really what.

Still having trouble saving the original backup to my hard drive (unless the file extension isn't ORI and I just don't know where to look) but so far I'm somewhat pleased with the entire package results. Now I have to get the car out of my son's hands.