GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Diablo Predator - Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/05, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
I need some big time help from my stang' brothers. For the life of me, I can't get my diablo predator to upload/download the factory tune to the computer so I can then download the custom C& L tune into it. FYI, it looks like the C&L revised tune for their CAI is up! The update on Diablo's website says 3/31! Anyways, any help I can get would be most appreciated. I am very computer literate, but this has me stumped. I have messed with the com port speed, check the physical connection, tried both versions of the downloading software....

Thanks for your help!
Somewhatdamaged
Old 3/31/05, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

You definitely have the right com port? It should say connected on the bottom.

At first I thought I was connected because it showed the speed but I was on the wrong com port. I changed to com port 4 and 115200 speed and it worked. Hopefully you can find an easy fix. Good luck.

Also are you sure the C&L tune was edited. Although the web page was edited today it might not mean the tune was edited unless you know otherwise?

Let me know...

Cheers_ Jay
Old 3/31/05, 11:58 PM
Cobra Member

the first time you plug the predator in and apply a tune (any tune) it will backup your factory tune. if you then re-plug the predator in i believe you go to diagnostics and troubleshooting and get your ID file to access the custom tunes section for the steeda tunes.

download all the software for your tuner here:

make sure to get dsdownloader as you will need it for commmunication between your predator and PC

http://www.diablosport.com/U7140.php...GT%20Downloads

instructions:

DiabloSport DSDdownloader instructions for 2005 Mustang GT

To load a custom tune into your 2005 Mustang Predator please follow these instructions.

1/ Allow Predator to read your original backup file.
Plug the Predator in your car & select Performance Tune. Follow the instructions on the Predator.
After the Predator has stored the backup from the Predator, unplug it from the vehicle.

2/ Loading Predator backup into PC.
a/
Connect Predator via serial cable to your PC and power it up with a 12 VDC 1amp power supply. This power supply/serial cable combo is available for purchase from DiabloSport, part number U7777.

b/
Open the DiabloSport Downloader program.
Make sure the Com Port is set up properly for your PC and the Baud Rate is set at 115,200.

c/
Click on “Get Tune from Predatorâ€.
A window DiabloSport Tool Download window will pop up and automatically start downloading the backup file from the Predator. Allow 2-3 minutes for this to complete.
d/
Once completed the software will ask you to safe file as an ORI file. Click “Yes†here. This file will be saved in your C:\Chipmaster Revolution\Revolution Applications\Ford Predator\ directory unless you have CMR, in that case it will save file in your dedicated tunes directory.

If the file does not automatically start downloading verify the Baud Rate is set at 115,200 and you have the correct Com Port set.
Make the changes to your file with ChipMaster Revolution.

3/ Loading Tune or Tunes into Predator

PLEASE NOTE: Before you try to import a custom tune into Predator it is necessary to upload your original backup into your PC, this is described in step two.

a/ Loading tune from DiabloSport web site.

After downloading proper file from DiabloSport web site with your calibration id, ensure you know in what directory it is saved.
Click on “Send tune to Predatorâ€, find the file you downloaded and click open. Allow 5-10 sec for tune to upload into Predator.
NOTE: You might be asked for a “base†file which is your backup file, the backup file is located in C:\Chipmaster Revolution\Revolution Applications\Ford Predator\ directory unless you have CMR, in that case it will save file in your dedicated tunes directory. , select the backup file in this directory and click open and download should proceed.

b/ Loading a custom tune from CMR or CMR dealer

When you are ready to load your tune(s) back into the Predator click on the “Advanced Tuning†Tab.
Click on Add Tune and select the tune or tunes you want to add into the Predator (You can load up to 5 custom tunes).
Once you have the custom tune(s) that you want to use selected, make sure the Compress Send box is checked and simply click on the Send to
Tool button and the tune(s) will be automatically loaded into the Predator.

NOTE: You might be asked for a “base†file which is your backup file, the backup file is located at C:\DiabloSport\, select the backup file in this directory and click open and download should proceed.

*NOTE The files that are loaded into the Predator are very small and will load in a very short period of time.

To update your Predator to a new revision please follow these instructions.

Revision update using the DSDownloader.

1/ Download .crom file from DiabloSport web site
a/
Once proper crom file is downloaded and saved onto your PC (ensure you know where you save the crom file so you can locate it through the DSDownloader software)
b/
Connect Predator via serial cable to your PC and power it up with a 12 VDC 1amp power supply. This power supply/serial cable combo is available for purchase from DiabloSport, part number U7777.

2/ Open DSdownloader and click on Revision Update tab.

a/ click on “Update Software in Predator†and select the downloaded crom file
b/ you will be asked to “power cycle†the predator, this simply means to remove and plug the power back into the Predator. Please do so.
c/ The next screen should state that the Predator is ready for update, to continue click “Yesâ€. Allow 2-3 minutes for upload process.

hope this helps!
Old 4/1/05, 02:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If all these procedures fail, call Cole Stevens (561) 908-0040 with Diablo Sport. There are some issues with the DS Downloader program. I was unable to properly save my original backup tune on my PC, nor was I able to download the C&L Custom Tune properly. Cole spent considerable time with me on the phone and finally resolved my problems. Ended up removing the DS Downloader and reinstalling - could be a newer version of DS Downloader. The original program may have been revised since it was originally released.
Old 4/1/05, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by j-stang@March 31, 2005, 11:13 PM
You definitely have the right com port? It should say connected on the bottom.

At first I thought I was connected because it showed the speed but I was on the wrong com port. I changed to com port 4 and 115200 speed and it worked. Hopefully you can find an easy fix. Good luck.

Also are you sure the C&L tune was edited. Although the web page was edited today it might not mean the tune was edited unless you know otherwise?

Let me know...

Cheers_ Jay
Hi Jay,
I was wrong, the tune is not new. I did speak to Cole @ Diablo Sport and he mentioned new tunes are emminent in addition to a Predator revision. I was able to fix my problem by reinstalling the Diablo Download prog and using a better quality serial cable (the Radio Shack one).
Old 4/1/05, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Good to hear...

Did Cole give you any estimate time on the revisions?
Old 4/1/05, 11:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are now the 2nd person, I was the 1st, that I am aware of that the DS Downloader program contributed to problems saving the original backup tune and transferring the custom tune to the Predator.