GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Crazy deal or what guys?

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/08, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made a call the other way and talked to Roush this morning. I also pointed out the photo difference on the Summit site verses the ones we all received and they thought it might be the wrong photo. They really had no clue and when I asked if they had more than one style of billet LCA for our cars, they said no. I did not specifically ask if a new style was coming out.

However, I did ask about the bushings in the ones we bought and they confirmed stock rubber ones were used. I asked some very specific questions about whether or not these helped with wheel hop considering the bushings were stock rubber and not some type of poly. They assured me these would help as many buyers of our style indicated wheel hop was eliminated after these were installed.

Did you happen to ask if the ones at Summit have poly bushings and or any of the dimensions?
Old 12/24/08, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would seem to me that having a nice billet LCA with stock rubber bushings only accomplishes half the goal, but maybe I'm wrong. The stock LCA's are not flimsy, but they do look as if the arm could twist. However, the stock rubber bushings are definitely going to move a lot more than the poly ones. The stock rubber bushing are nice and big, but the metal insert moves around in the rubber bushing a lot. Personally, I wouldn't go with the rubber bushings and would get an LCA with a poly bushing. The Steeda LCA's are high quality but any of the brands with poly bushings are going to be much better than a rubber setup I think. I don't think it is coincidental that the FR500C LCA's (the absurdly overpriced M-5649-R) are identical to the J&M with tubular metal and poly bushings.
Old 12/25/08, 09:57 AM
Cobra Member

I am not happy with the idea of the Roush's having stock rubber bushings and although they would probably help, will be going something with a better bushing... but really liking the 3-piece design of the J&Ms and plan to order a set after selling my Roush's. I might even just spend the extra $$ and get there billet ones.
Old 12/25/08, 11:24 AM

I have to agree on the rubber bushings. I posted on a new thread that I'm getting rid of mine before I even try them on the car. Even though my fab shop my company uses is going to make me new ones out of billit, he can make me new bushings out of nylon. This nylon is some pretty good stuff. It can handle the loads without cracking like polly and they are self lubricating. Anyway, the Roush arms aren't wide enough where the bushings go in to allow for polly bushings like I wanted. The new ones we are making has a little more material where the bushings go in to work in the offset on the rear. With the factory bushings being metal on the outside I need something to compensate for this with polly or nylon bushings.
Old 12/25/08, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

ford svt? not sure if a good price or not i like the look of my new roush. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-08-SVT-MUSTANG-REAR-LOWER-CONTROL-ARMS_W0QQitemZ170287135859QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor s_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item17028713585 9&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A2|39% 3A1|240%3A1318
Old 12/25/08, 09:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Doogie
However, I did ask about the bushings in the ones we bought and they confirmed stock rubber ones were used.
Were they referring to stock GT rubber bushings or stock GT500 bushings which are harder rubber?
Old 12/26/08, 01:49 AM
Bullitt Member

The thing that I actually liked about these lca's is the fact they use the factory bushings. The reason aftermarket bushings crack is because the rear moves side to side and puts lateral strain on the material. The other thing I don't like is adding grease points to my car. Not to mention the added NHV from stiffer bushings.

To me there is always a balance in choices. These were the perfect balance between spiting teeth out when driving to work and a improved handling.
Old 12/26/08, 07:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bigjht
Were they referring to stock GT rubber bushings or stock GT500 bushings which are harder rubber?
Stock GT rubber bushings
Old 12/27/08, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

put mine in tonight they look cool. The bushing has the same part number as the stock ones i took out.
Old 12/29/08, 02:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 48prerunner
put mine in tonight they look cool. The bushing has the same part number as the stock ones i took out.

So whats the verdict? Besides looks, does your car feel different? Strange as it may sound, my car actualy feels more comfortable over rough roads, my buddy noticed this too. However the rear seems more planted when cornering. Maybe im going ?
Old 12/29/08, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

+1... we need someone to really test these and let us know if they help reduce wheel hop. Since I already made the plunge and am second guessing my purchase, I just may wait until spring before I install them so I can do a real "before and after" test prior to making my final decision.
Old 1/12/09, 06:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jaguarking11
So whats the verdict? Besides looks, does your car feel different? Strange as it may sound, my car actualy feels more comfortable over rough roads, my buddy noticed this too. However the rear seems more planted when cornering. Maybe im going ?
Dont know yet roads too snow covered or icy and now in the middle of an exhaust change sorry. I let you know when we get a break in the weather.
Old 1/12/09, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

after confirming with Roush that these had stock rubber bushings I decided to go a different route and sold my on ebay as I really saw little value (other than looks) over stock.

Last edited by Doogie; 1/12/09 at 07:42 PM.
Old 1/12/09, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine are in the for sale section if anyone is interested.