GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Crazy deal or what guys?

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/08, 04:33 PM
DKO
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Reverend
The Roush piece uses the hard rubber bushing for that reason, Poly ones do fail, have noise, need lubrication, and get over tightening at times. The rubber is a higher quality piece than the factory OEM rubber and is more rigid obviously. They use them on their cars, so I will be happy.
It's not the durability I'm debating, I'm sure they will be just as durable as the stock units. What I AM debating is that it's going to put the power to the ground as well as a control arm with poly bushings. Sure the poly bushings make noise, but you need to consider that it's a higher performance unit. Ford might use them factory if they didn't produce a little NVH that would normally drive your average consumer away from buying the car.

Do you think most the guys who buy Roush and Saleen cars new actually track them? Not likely. I doubt they'd be interested in their pretty new car making noise or producing vibrations either. Thus the reason they use these on their factory cars.

Not saying it's not a good unit, I just don't think the results will be the same as something like a BMR or steeda LCA with poly bushings or rod ends.

Gotta give a little to get a little.
Old 11/22/08, 12:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DKO
It's not the durability I'm debating, I'm sure they will be just as durable as the stock units. What I AM debating is that it's going to put the power to the ground as well as a control arm with poly bushings. Sure the poly bushings make noise, but you need to consider that it's a higher performance unit. Ford might use them factory if they didn't produce a little NVH that would normally drive your average consumer away from buying the car.

Do you think most the guys who buy Roush and Saleen cars new actually track them? Not likely. I doubt they'd be interested in their pretty new car making noise or producing vibrations either. Thus the reason they use these on their factory cars.

Not saying it's not a good unit, I just don't think the results will be the same as something like a BMR or steeda LCA with poly bushings or rod ends.

Gotta give a little to get a little.
If necessary you could replace the bushings im sure.
Old 11/22/08, 01:54 PM
V6 Member

I like the idea of the harder rubber bushings. I think it could be a good compromise between the soft rubber bushing of stock but not as harsh as the poly bushings. As far as planting the power to the ground I think that would depend on how much power you have. If you have forced induction they probably wouldn't work that well, as I've heard the GT500 still has wheel hop issues and they have the harder rubber bushings, but if not it could be perfect. Does no one have a similar set with the harder rubber bushings instead of poly that can chime in?
Old 11/25/08, 09:43 PM
V6 Member

Anyone get theirs in yet? How do they look?
Old 12/6/08, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bigjht
Anyone get theirs in yet? How do they look?
I just installed mine. They look very nice. They perform well too. I just installed mine this evening about 3 hours before the snow started. It took me about 1hour to do it, including scratching my head as to why the lcas need the axle to be wrestled in. I simply let the axle dangle and with my chest pushed it until it lined up and the bolts slid in.

Tacobills writeup was very good. However the idea of pushing the axle up with the floor jack to align it did not work for me. The best idea was to hook the lca to the body and simply wrestle the axle until it lined up and the bolt slid in, if you jack up the axle the lca hole on the axle moves even farther out.

In any case after the mandatory spot check and the tightening of the bolts to 129lb I took her out for a drive. The suspension feels completely stock when cruising, it does not squeak and requires no maintenance. It feels a bit tighter around the bends. It looks great. Then it started to snow and I decided that easy does it. I checked it again before the snow got too heavy and drove home.

I will push it again when the weather gets better. All in all I have to say that the ride comfort is actualy slightly better. They look great. And it was a cheep project. Next up for me will be a fays2 watts link.

I also noted the roush lca were lighter than the stokers. They also share bushings with the stockers and that makes them very durable and comfortable. They however do reinforce the weak point the stock lca's have witch is flex in the metal.
Old 12/6/08, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got mine, waiting to hear back from Gus from Steeda about the adjustable UCA, and do them at the same time.
Old 12/6/08, 11:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by The Reverend
I got mine, waiting to hear back from Gus from Steeda about the adjustable UCA, and do them at the same time.
Could you weigh one of the pieces? I want to figure out if there are any weight savings.
Old 12/7/08, 06:10 PM
Cobra Member

Can't wait to hear from someone to really give these a performance test to see if they are worth the investment on really helping with wheel hop or just a small step above the OEM ones. And according the Roush site, they show the weight as 9.65lbs., and I found a table on the Spohn site that states 13.8lbs for the stock pair... so there does appear to be some decent weight savings.
Old 12/7/08, 09:15 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

I'm waiting for some reviews also
Old 12/8/08, 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I went out with these yesterday afternoon. The snow had melted by mid day so I was set. I did not do any hard launches, however in the twisties the rear seems more stable and settles down faster after being upset. I can tell you the car is closer to being a bit more neutral. although not the hugest improvement in my book it was money well spent. Under steer has been reduced a bit. The ride comfort is the same if not better.

Overall Im happy. Can wait to do a nice hard launch @2500-3000k but that wont happen anytime soon as its below freezing and I am sure the tires are way too hard for that. So unless the weather turns soon it will have to wait till we have at least 50-60 degree day.
Old 12/8/08, 06:09 PM

Has anyone been able to tell if the rubber bushings can be changed out to pollys if they want too?
Old 12/9/08, 04:28 AM

Thumbs up

At a regular price of $416.84 I can see why these are overstocked

But, at $146.25 you have to jump on them

EagleStroker, Thanks
Old 12/9/08, 06:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by chuckieduck
Has anyone been able to tell if the rubber bushings can be changed out to pollys if they want too?
I don't know for sure but the bushings on these are stamped with Ford so I'm guessing they are possibly the harder bushings that are in the GT500 control arms. Is there a kit to replace those bushings with poly? If they are the same and someone does have a poly bushing kit it could be possible.
Old 12/10/08, 01:17 AM
Bullitt Member

The bushings are pressed on the lcas.

It would be a matter of finding the correct size poly bushing with a nice long insert and washers to space the unit properly.

Although I don't see a reason to increase NHV.
Old 12/14/08, 06:44 PM
Cobra Member

Any real performance updates on how well these help with wheel hop compared to stock??
Old 12/16/08, 03:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Doogie
Any real performance updates on how well these help with wheel hop compared to stock??
Well its been raining the past few days. I used to wheel hop when launching in the intersections near my job, used to wheel hop so bad that everything in the glove box and center console used to shake like mad, I used to hear the parking change rattling, now none of the sort. Now its just slight tire spin. Sounds like they are working to me. However these impress me most in the twisties and over potholes. The car rides more stably.
Old 12/16/08, 04:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered mine but it doesn't show it being able to ship to Canada. I wrote a note to them hoping it can still get here. The CC went through though. I hope their website is secure.
Old 12/16/08, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

They must not be moving at all.
Old 12/16/08, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Will they work well on a lowered car. I have sportlines and am pretty slammed to the ground.
Old 12/16/08, 03:41 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Will they work well on a lowered car. I have sportlines and am pretty slammed to the ground.
They would work, but on any lowered car your going to need relocation brackets for optimal performance. The control arms are supposed to be parallel to the ground if I'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply: Crazy deal or what guys?