GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Crazy deal or what guys?

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/08, 03:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideally you want the front of the lower control slightly higher than the rear... which is why lowered cars really need the relocation (also called anti-squat brackets) to achieve that angle.
Old 12/16/08, 04:25 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by Doogie
Ideally you want the front of the lower control slightly higher than the rear... which is why lowered cars really need the relocation (also called anti-squat brackets) to achieve that angle.
I stand corrected thanks for helping me out!
Old 12/16/08, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Doogie

say if i was going to buy the relocation brackets and lower control arms from BMR, being my car is not lowered would i be able to use the bottom setting on the bracket to give the lower control arm more of an angle as far as "traction" goes. Would that be safe? or highly not recommended?
Old 12/18/08, 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=659

Figured I would share for anyone looking for some nice control arms, about to order these myself...
Looks like the overstock as been depleted as I just checked the link, along with the Roush website and this product is no longer listed. Guess I should not have waited so long... oh well.
Old 12/18/08, 06:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow I must have gotten one of the last sets my sister ordered them for me for Christmas. but check this out http://www.roushperformance.com/overstock.shtml

free shipping but not much for the 2005

but if i read it right she might even get free shipping bonus!!!!
Old 12/19/08, 10:46 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Originally Posted by classix_stang289
say if i was going to buy the relocation brackets and lower control arms from BMR, being my car is not lowered would i be able to use the bottom setting on the bracket to give the lower control arm more of an angle as far as "traction" goes. Would that be safe? or highly not recommended?

If your car is not lowered, it is neither required nor recommended to change the angle of your lower control arms. Therefore you do not need to buy relocation brackets. If your only concern is wheel hop and better traction, upgrading to better lower control arms with stiffer bushings. Are best suited for non-lowered/stock suspensions.
Old 12/20/08, 07:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mine arrived yesterday just in time for Christmas! What a beautiful piece of work. Now I have to wait till spring to install them.
Old 12/20/08, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Mine arrived yesterday as well and will be installing next week, but with winter in full force here will be unable to really test them for several months. If anyone still wants these, there are some sets still available on ebay from chicagoparts. They list them at $200, but you can make an "offer" and I picked up my set for almost the same price shipped as the original Roush overstock deal.

Last edited by Doogie; 12/20/08 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12/22/08, 10:14 AM

Just got my LCAs by FedEx. Even got here a day early. Very nice product. I am very impressed with quality and looks. What gives with the bushing though. They are factory Ford units. Wonder if they are GT500 bushings. Should be able to swap out with Poly or rod ends if I want to. Now to decide if I want to polish them or have them anodized.
Old 12/22/08, 10:18 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, I wondered about the bushings as well and would have to think they are the ones used in the SVT LCA and not the same as what's used on the stock ones. Otherwise, this might be a "good looking" set that don't add much wheel hop help without having to upgrade the bushings. But I guess the real test is to see if they do indeed help eliminate wheel hop.

Last edited by Doogie; 12/22/08 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12/22/08, 10:42 AM

Is anyone replacing their bolts with new ones? I have read that some people are reusing their bolts no matter which LCA they go with and putting lock tight on them. From what I have read you can reuse the bolts one time, after that go with new. Any thoughts?
Old 12/22/08, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

When I went to buy new bolts from the Ford dealer, the parts guy said I had to order them. So, I asked him to go and ask the mechanics what they do. He went in the back and the mechanics told him they just re-use the bolts with Loctite.
Old 12/22/08, 11:37 AM
Cobra Member

I also just checked Tacobill's sticky on his LCA swap and he also just reused the stock ones.

Last edited by Doogie; 12/22/08 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12/22/08, 11:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have Roush LCA and Steeda UCA in hand. I am waiting until next month to get CHE relocation brackets and FRPP Springs. Finally in February the Koni Sports. That way I will only have to reuse the bolts once. Blue loctite is the key.
Old 12/22/08, 11:51 AM

I am going to add some relocation brackets also. I like the CHE ones the best so far. But they still don't offer enough covereage oraound the factory units like I think there should be. I showed my welder here a picture on the CHE website with their axle beace and relocation brackets installed. He said that it would be plenty strong if after I got the peices installed and he welded all the peices together. I will try and get a set this week and do it all at one time this weekend. I can add the axle brace later. I'm not really worried about it intil I get my Whipple or Kenn Bell installed and some 305 or 315 drap radials.
Old 12/22/08, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

the price on these must have dropped check out summit http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Old 12/22/08, 07:07 PM

They look like generic Steeda. I think that's a good price. Even has grease fittings.
Attached Images   

Last edited by chuckieduck; 12/22/08 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12/23/08, 07:46 AM
Cobra Member

what's odd is that picture on the Summit site does look like the Steeda generic ones, yet it shows the Roush p/n (401429) and they look nothing like the ones I just bought under that same number. And the ones from the Summit site look alot stronger and wider than the Roush ones sold under that same p/n. Wonder if it just a "representation" photo??
Attached Images  
Old 12/23/08, 09:05 AM

I think visually they may look stronger and wider than the Roush. But I think those polly bushings are actually smaller in diameter than the factory Ford pieces in the Roush arms. They are I'm sure a tad wider than the Roush arms, but I think the Roush arms have alot more material overall. The additional meat around the bushings and the overall heigher of the Roush arms would be alot stronger. I just showed my arms to my engineer and he took out his handy instruments, took measurements of my arms and guessed that the polly bushings were at least the same diameter than the stock ones and said a bunch of stuff that made me seem stupid. He said that it seems like because they look like an I-beam type arm that it's looks are deceiving. He seems to think that the force apllied to the arms during acceleration would still want to bend the arms uppward in the middle like breaking a pencil in half. He said that he thinks the Roush arms would be so much stronger.
Old 12/23/08, 04:26 PM

I just got off the phone with Summit about the LCA they have listed for $155. I pointed out that I thought the picture was wrong and he looked it up in his cataloge. He shows the correct picture in there. They are set to go up to $408 next month. They are special order so they have to get them from Roush and they will not be available until 9 Jan. He said you can still order them now for the $155. I'm half tempted to order another set just in case I need them in the future.

Hope this helps.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Quick Reply: Crazy deal or what guys?