GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CR does not work for Tillman Speed?

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/10, 10:32 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Sounds to me, and by sounds I mean, what it looks like is that AM is probably paying Doug to use his name. They pay him for the tunes he does for them. But they are also going to use CR in house. A CR tune might not be a Bama tune. This way they have a everyday guy, and then they have the 'name' guy in Doug. Plus doug gets some dough.

That's just a guess. If you look at tom281's sig, it clearly says that I have no idea WTF I am talking about.
Old 4/23/10, 10:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fdjizm
I bought my tuner off bama when he was solely on bamachips, can I still get updates for my tunes from AM?
how did you go about this?

on AM for the free tune updates it says enter a member ID? from where? lol
Just call and he just asked for my first and last name and they had my old profile. They gave me my member id in an e-mail.

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Chris was fast to charge your credit card and slow to deliver the goods.
It took them a week to even think about billing my friend and after 2 weeks they did not bill nor ship his tuner.
Old 4/23/10, 10:43 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Sounds to me, and by sounds I mean, what it looks like is that AM is probably paying Doug to use his name. They pay him for the tunes he does for them. But they are also going to use CR in house. A CR tune might not be a Bama tune. This way they have a everyday guy, and then they have the 'name' guy in Doug. Plus doug gets some dough.

That's just a guess. If you look at tom281's sig, it clearly says that I have no idea WTF I am talking about.
I'm thinkin' AM bought Bama's customer base, and then hired CR.
Old 4/24/10, 06:46 AM
V6 Member

See below from CR & follow this thread. http://allfordmustangs.com/forums/am...ning-team.html

The team over at American Muscle is phenomenal, and everything from the moment you call in, to the delivery of your purchases is a pleasure all the way around! The customer service level is unreal! I am very excited to be working with Mike Wilson (an outstanding calibrator), Dan, and Ryan!
Old 4/24/10, 06:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only thing they don't have is a true dyno tune. I have friends who work there and they aren't doing dyno-tuning at the moment. They may open it up for people, but not yet.

I use Doug's tune for emissions as I just couldn't pass with CR's tune from Tillman for some reason!! It was a ROYAL PITA for me!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 4/24/10 at 06:57 AM.
Old 4/24/10, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Guys,

The reason for the change is that I wanted to be surrounded by an excellent level of customer service. I was tired of not being able to provide the top level of service possible, and many times being the face of the company means that you are automatically at fault. I am not saying I'm perfect, and I'm sure theres been a few cases where I've messed up. But I've always done everything possible to get things done on time, and the right way. Sometimes it just takes the right people around you to help. So...

I have teamed up with American Muscle, known for outstanding customer service and fast free shipping. Now I can not only provide my customers with top level service, but have combined with some of the best calibrations in the country for our cars! Bama Custom tuning was a purchase agreement, as many know. Doug occasionally works remotely with us. Myself, Mike Wilson (an amazing calibrator from Dallas Mustang/Quantum Performance) as well as Dan and Ryan are working on the most insane knowledgebase for aftermarket performance tunes.

As for the All-Out tune, I do not own the All-Out tune and will not continue to sell it. However, if you order a Bamachips race tune and request me to personally calibrate it, you'll get the workings of the All-Out tune (which I developed) with our amazing new automatic transmission calibration!!! As for supporting old tunes, simply PM me on any of the forums and I will be glad to update for neccessary changes!

Remote tuning.... I am happy to remote tun any combination or number of combinations! I am only going to remote custom calibrate applications that the Bama custom tuning department is uncomfortable with taking on. If this is a bolt-on car that a Bama mail-order tune will cover, obviously its' a conflict of interest. That's not even their rule, that's mine. Now if you're wanting a remote tune and have dyno access or wideband air/fuel ratio access, feel free to PM me at any time!

I appreciate everyone's understanding during the transition period. I will make my contact information know to anyone who needs it. During the off-hours I have no problem updating any previous calibrations, and will support any previous customers.

If you were one of Doug's old customers, give us a shout and we will happily support you in the future! I know I saw that question in this thread.

As for DYNO TUNING. We do not offer dyno tuning for customers at this point in time. We have an in-house dyno that we use simply for calibration research so that we can give you the best quality mail-order tuning available.

ANYONE LOCAL WHO IS LOOKING TO GET A DYNO CALIBRATION, GIVE ME A CALL AS I WILL GLADLY HELP! I WORK WITH MANY LOCAL DYNOS!!!

If there's anything that I haven't addressed, please feel free to ask! Thanks again everyone!! The Mustang Source forums are most of the reason I'm here today!

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 4/24/10 at 11:00 AM.
Old 4/24/10, 11:00 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanx for the update Chris!!
Old 4/24/10, 11:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear Chris. More reason to buy from AM. Was very happy with my last purchase from them.

For clarification. Is there any changes/benefits needed on my tunes?
Old 4/24/10, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

You need better seat belts! LOL Colby, hit me up on my extension Monday. I want you to try the new trans file we have going!
Old 4/24/10, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet, will do. Hey do u guys carry torque converters? Might be making a brand switch as it appears I was sent another POS.
Old 4/24/10, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Chris,
How does this affect the Tillman Speed Customers that are waiting for tune updates. I purchased gears and cmdp's from you earlier this month with an up-date to my all-out tune. I can't install the cmdp's until I get my tune updated.

Do I need to now go through American Muscle for this?
Old 4/24/10, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jlmounce
Chris,
How does this affect the Tillman Speed Customers that are waiting for tune updates. I purchased gears and cmdp's from you earlier this month with an up-date to my all-out tune. I can't install the cmdp's until I get my tune updated.

Do I need to now go through American Muscle for this?
No sir, shoot me over a PM with the exact details and I will knock it out for you. Just let me know the rear tire size, gear ratio and anything else we need to update for! Thanks again for your understanding!

Chris Rose
Old 4/24/10, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

Hey CR, Im buying a supercharger in a few days and i was hoping to get it DYNO TUNED by you but seeing that you relocated what the heck do i now? I have had nothing but great tuning from you, so when im ready where the heck can i get on a dyno and have you tune for me??
Old 4/24/10, 10:15 PM
Bullitt Member

I can either dyno tune it or remote tune it. You can use a dyno in your area. I can get the entire tune done except for WOT without the dyno just getting datalogs from you, and then have you get me datalogs from a dyno for WOT.

Or I can tune the car at Tillmans or any local dyno of your choice! Let me know!
Old 4/25/10, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
You need better seat belts! LOL Colby, hit me up on my extension Monday. I want you to try the new trans file we have going!
Hey Chris

seems like you are going through something of a transition right now and I really hope it works out for you. It sounds like you are settling in at AM just nicely, so let me add my best wishes for the future to all those that have already done so.

My question to you is this. Do you think I would benefit from this new Auto Trans file that you are talking about? If so, I would love to give it a try too. As you know I have been delighted with the tune you wrote for my TVS, but the trans tune has always been the weak link. The last update you sent me a couple of months ago was the best yet. A lot more aggressive, but I'm still not sure it is as good as it could be. In some instances it is almost too aggressive, and in others it isn't.

What do you think? I assume you will still be able to update my tune file even though you are no longer at Tillman's. Obviously if it means I have to pay a little extra for it then I have no problem with that.

Thanks Chris and once again best wishes,

Andy.
Old 4/25/10, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CaliSpecial
Hey Chris

seems like you are going through something of a transition right now and I really hope it works out for you. It sounds like you are settling in at AM just nicely, so let me add my best wishes for the future to all those that have already done so.

My question to you is this. Do you think I would benefit from this new Auto Trans file that you are talking about? If so, I would love to give it a try too. As you know I have been delighted with the tune you wrote for my TVS, but the trans tune has always been the weak link. The last update you sent me a couple of months ago was the best yet. A lot more aggressive, but I'm still not sure it is as good as it could be. In some instances it is almost too aggressive, and in others it isn't.

What do you think? I assume you will still be able to update my tune file even though you are no longer at Tillman's. Obviously if it means I have to pay a little extra for it then I have no problem with that.

Thanks Chris and once again best wishes,

Andy.
Andy,

Let me look through your file and see if there's anything I can do. Our new auotmatic trans file is a little bit aggressive for blowers, because much of the torque reduction is deleted. I would want to leave a little bit of torque reduction so that you dont blast that 5r55 into pieces! Let me look at what you have done now. You might just need a little more shift pressure. Send me a PM to remind me and I'll take a look at it within the next few days! Thanks for the best wishes! Hope to still do business with you in the future!

Chris
Old 4/25/10, 01:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

All i can say is WOW with the new 93 Race tune from Bama and CR. That really woke up my car. I get alot of the top end i like but i noticed that i do not lose power in between shifts. It feels like the power is always on and i am not feeling the real jerk when the auto would shift. I love this new tune. Even though i am still planning on a TVS in the future, this tune makes it just as fun for daily driving and long stretches of open road.
Old 4/25/10, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
All i can say is WOW with the new 93 Race tune from Bama and CR. That really woke up my car. I get alot of the top end i like but i noticed that i do not lose power in between shifts. It feels like the power is always on and i am not feeling the real jerk when the auto would shift. I love this new tune. Even though i am still planning on a TVS in the future, this tune makes it just as fun for daily driving and long stretches of open road.
Nice! Mike Wilson worked hard on that trans pattern, mixed with my engine calibration and drive-by-wire, we got ourselves a winner!
Old 4/25/10, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Andy,

Let me look through your file and see if there's anything I can do. Our new auotmatic trans file is a little bit aggressive for blowers, because much of the torque reduction is deleted. I would want to leave a little bit of torque reduction so that you dont blast that 5r55 into pieces! Let me look at what you have done now. You might just need a little more shift pressure. Send me a PM to remind me and I'll take a look at it within the next few days! Thanks for the best wishes! Hope to still do business with you in the future!

Chris
No problem Chris, I will pm you later in the week. As I said before, the tune is awesome and the car is making insane power so please don't think I'm complaining! I was just curious about this new Auto trans program I've been hearing so much about!

No worries about the future either, you hooked me up with this tune, so why would I even contemplate going elsewhere!

Andy.
Old 4/25/10, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Chris a quick question, are you guys now updating tunes on the Diablosport as well or just the SCT? I purchased a BAMA 91 Torq through Doug a while back and was wondering if I could still get updates on it? I was given my ID number from AM when the change over occured.

Quick Reply: CR does not work for Tillman Speed?