GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Corsa/B&B/FRPP Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/06, 05:15 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been debating a new set of axlebacks for a while now. After listening to numerous clips, I have narrowed it down to the Corsa, Billy Boats (B&B) and FRPP/Borla. Problem is I haven’t heard Corsa or B&B in person. I am looking for someone that has heard these systems and can comment on how they sound (relative loudness, raspiness, etc.) I don’t want anyone to turn this into a price comparison as I can do that myself. For the sake of this conversation I am shopping on pure sound with a muffler. I would love to run sans mufflers, but I am too lazy to switch from LM’s to mufflers for state inspection.
Old 1/17/06, 07:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the Borla/FRPP's on my car for about a month. Make no mistake, they sound awesome. Very deep and aggressive. Probably the best compliment I got was from my next door neighbor. He said that whenever I started my car in the garage, his dog would run and jump in his lap. That being said, I just did not like the cruise drone that came with them. I spend a lot of time doing around 60 mph and at that RPM with stock gears, it really worked on my nerves. I then ordered a set of Corsa's. They are not nearly as aggressive at idle, but to me, they sound almost as good as the FRPP undler heavy throttle. They are almost completely silent at a steady cruise. It has taken me a little getting used to but I feel the trade-off for the comfortable cruise is worth it. There are times when I miss the FRPP though. Mostly when showing someone the car. The only other notable issue is weight. The FRPP's are very lightweight and small. The Corsa's are a little larger and absolute boat anchor heavy. Probably 20 lbs each. Hope this helps a little.