GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Corsa Axle back Installed, but one side too low

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/09, 05:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR-STANG
So you added a hole in the rubber?
Nope, I did not mess with the rubber. I slotted the pre-existing hole in the metal Ford bracket. It is the hole right below the top of the bright metal bolt head closest to you in the picture. If you zoom in and look closely, you can see the metal rub marks of where the washer used to mate to the metal bracket. This shows you how the slotting allows the Ford bracket to move (or slide) outboard.
Old 1/10/09, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Which hanger was that the front or the rear (closest to the bumper) because Im having the same issue with my mac boom tubes.
Old 1/10/09, 08:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GONE_N_60
Which hanger was that the front or the rear (closest to the bumper) because Im having the same issue with my mac boom tubes.
This hanger is positioned not to far from the rear bumper. I have not been under there in a while, but I don't think there are that many hangers under the car. This picture shows what I call the hanger.
Attached Thumbnails Corsa Axle back Installed, but one side too low-dscf0036m.jpg  
Old 1/11/09, 02:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Thats the one I thought it was, I ended up doing the same thing plus I used a torch to heat up the muffler arm and bend a slight "S" into it and now everything is sexy. I didn't have my camera with me because I was at my buddy's house but I will get some pictures once I get the car cleaned up tomorrow if I can.
Old 1/13/09, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Corsa Service is tops!

I unexpectedly received a phone call today from Corsa Performance.
When I filled out the registration card I wrote in the comments field that I had trouble getting the passenger side muffler in place.

They called me! Now that's service.

I spoke with Paul and we went over how I did the install, and I explained that the Corsas didn't fit against the notch (seemed too short) he said I need to loosen up the the exhaust at the H Pipe and pull it back, as twisting it did not help. By pulling it back it will allow for better positioning and alignment, and more importantly get the mufflers into the notches. He said he's seen this before with the Mustangs and also on the C5 Corvette's.

I asked him if I should just use one of the other holes in the hangers, and he said it's possible but it could rattle around without the extra travel.

He also said a common mistake was swapping the left side hanger for the right, as they are interchangeable but will affect where they hang. (This wasn't my case)

So now I have to really get the car up to be able to get underneath the entire car, not just the rear.

LJS
Old 1/13/09, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The exact response from Corsa....
The image provides great detail and I am absolutely confident that based off the minor disparity pertaining to how the passenger muffler hangs lower; it is in fact due to simply needing the front OEM/factory pipes adjusted by depth first.
From there you will also need to readjust the axle pipes.
By doing so, this will allow for you to set the proper depth within the slip joint collar, thus allowing for the axlepipe to protrude past the notches of the slip joint and alleviated dsome preloaded tension in the kit.
It is important to do so in order to assure a proper connection while also adding to rotational and muffler pitch adjustments for a proper alignment.
Not to be alarmed, this system is not far off at all. If anything, all that is required is roughly 1/2" of movement upward on the passenger side.
If you would like further assistance, please do feel free to give me a call.