GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Computer monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/05, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autotap Check out the link. Looks like you can hook up your laptop and monitor whatever you want. A cool little toy, I wonder if you can adjust anything with it? Thought y'all would like to see it.
Old 2/7/05, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mustang69-05@February 7, 2005, 7:27 PM
Autotap Check out the link. Looks like you can hook up your laptop and monitor whatever you want. A cool little toy, I wonder if you can adjust anything with it? Thought y'all would like to see it.
You can not adjust anything with it; but you can monitor alot of stuff.
Just be warned that as of a week ago they do NOT support the CAN protocol.
they will be releasing support for it (according to support) but it's unknown when.

Just so you know the CAN protocol is the communications protocal that the OBD-II in our mustangs use, If you are going to buy a analyzer make sure it supports CAN.((Controller Area Network) For you fellow geeks it's ISO 11898 protocol).
Old 2/9/05, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I filled out the suggestion form on the AutoTap website saying:
"I have a 2005 Ford Mustang GT and I would like to have an AutoTap USB for Windows PC version that supports the CAN protocol (ISO 11898)."

They responded with this e-mail today:
"We are working on a CAN solution. It is likely that we will have the Palm version out prior to the PC version; however, we are aggressively working on both fronts.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your suggestion. I hope we can deliver this in time to meet your needs."

Not that this info is any different than Gordon's, but it was nice that they responded to a suggestion box and he did say they were aggressively working on it. I think it would be cool to hook this up to a laptop and monitor all the sensors.