GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Computer fighting the change?

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/05, 07:45 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My last dyno pulls were at or around 291 rwhp & 301 rwtq (Dynojet) sae adjusted & the car ran very well. On Saturday the 7th we added Magnaflow X-pipes and the car seemed to respond very well, with a pretty decent burn going into 3rd gear.

Today the tuner installed the Steeda motion control spacers and put it back on the dyno. They said the car was running very rich (which is the opposite of what I expected) and registered 268 rwhp. It also lost torque in a like amount.

The tuner had it on the dyno for two hours and got the hp back close to the 291, but the car doesn't feel as solid as it did, even when it was stock.

Paul
Old 5/17/05, 08:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wild stray@May 17, 2005, 9:48 PM
My last dyno pulls were at or around 291 rwhp & 301 rwtq (Dynojet) sae adjusted & the car ran very well. On Saturday the 7th we added Magnaflow X-pipes and the car seemed to respond very well, with a pretty decent burn going into 3rd gear.

Today the tuner installed the Steeda motion control spacers and put it back on the dyno. They said the car was running very rich (which is the opposite of what I expected) and registered 268 rwhp. It also lost torque in a like amount.

The tuner had it on the dyno for two hours and got the hp back close to the 291, but the car doesn't feel as solid as it did, even when it was stock.

Paul
I read some where that the charge motion plates can cause a loss of bottom end torque. Not sure if this is true but your comments seem to indicate that it is. I think I'll be leaving them alone when my car finally comes in.
Old 5/18/05, 06:33 AM
Cobra Member

I've too read the charge motion plates can cause a slight low-end torque loss, but I would have expected an increase in torque and hp in the upper ranges as mentioned in the original post. Something doesn't sound right.
Old 5/18/05, 09:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I got one of the first set of CM Plates that Steeda released and they did the installation. There were several times when they were going to release them and didn't because they kept having problems with the tune. They worked directly with SCT and finally got the tune worked out and released them. I never had any problems with plates while using the XCalibrator. Later Diablo released the Predator with the Steeda tunes for the CM Plates and I got one. However Steeda did not work on the tune with them and it had a lot of problems. Since I had both the Steeda CAI and CM Plates , Diablo had me come in so they could use my car for R&D and now the tune is as good or better than the SCT. I don't know whether you have the SCT or the Diablo , but in either case the tune is very important. You might call either Steeda or Diablo depending on which unit you have ...
Old 5/18/05, 05:44 PM
FR500 Member

Thanks Steve. I asked my tuner to contact SCT and he agreed and received some info from them. Swanson Performance called me today and asked me to bring the car back for another try at the tune. They were able to bring the car back to where it was and add 4rwhp and 7rwtq. At this point, the car runs extremely strong all through the torque curve and I am a happy camper again. I agree the tune is the key, esp with the cmp delete. I am still surprised that the X-pipes didn't contribute more to the numbers. Paul
Old 5/18/05, 06:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Wildstray

How did the x-pipe change the sound of your car?
Old 5/18/05, 06:53 PM
FR500 Member

It sounds fantastic........................I wouldn't even bother pulling up next to me!